2. mickeyma
3. mrsphcheung
4. chanchanboy
5. Justin2002

2#
發表於 05-7-8 14:51 |顯示全部帖子

Re: "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "

Dear Kawai and mrsphcheung,

May I know what is chelation therapy or treatment?  I went to see Dr. Trodd yesterday with my son and he has given him in total 4 kinds of supplement, namely, cod liver oil, super nu-thera, diflucan syrup and DMG + folinic + B12 (which is to be used after two weeks).  Hair specimen was also obtained for lab test.

Regarding venue for gathering, may I suggest somewhere in Causeway Bay?  I think if the number of participants is more than 10, we may consider having Chinese food.

Justin2002

3#
發表於 05-7-8 17:01 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks kawai.

4#
發表於 05-7-11 11:57 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,

If time permits, watching the movie and having dinner on the same day is fine with me.  Either Causeway Bay or TST is also OK (I work in CWB but live in Kowloon side).

I shall go for the majority and leave it to the capable hands of kawai and mrsphcheung.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Justin2002

5#
發表於 05-7-19 14:26 |顯示全部帖子

I am sorry that I cannot join you watching the film as my office hour closes at 5:45 pm.  However, I would be more than pleased to meet you all over dinner.  I can help booking a table if we decide dining in Causeway Bay cos I am working there. Having said that, dining in Kowloon side is also fine with me.

Justin2002

6#
發表於 05-7-20 10:23 |顯示全部帖子

Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group

Date: 22/7 Friday
Time: 7:00pm
Venue: Choi Wan Hin Seafood Restaurant
(廣東道30號新港中心3樓)

Remark: Ms Chan 訂位 (暫時10位)

Please sign up for your confirmation to attend:

1. Kawai
2. Justin2002

7#
發表於 05-8-24 14:44 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Mickeyma,

When I last visited Dr. Trodd two weeks ago, I asked him the same question as yours, does it mean that my son can eat gluten/wheat products if he is not allergic to these products?  But he said "NO".  Also he mentioned there is NO USE to take supplements or do any chelation if a child is not on GF/CF diet.

In fact, my boy Justin is not on GF diet but he does not drink cow's milk since a month ago.  What I tend to do is to stop him eating those "no good" products, like all kinds of sauce, sweets, unnecessary snacks (I do buy some GF/CF biscuits and chocolates for him).

I also want to ask Dr. Trodd to prescribe Justin Carnosine in next appointment.  But how long should it take and any side effects? Any advice BK moms?

Justin2002

8#
發表於 05-9-5 16:23 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,

I just have one query: if our kid is sensitive to most of the food, say, all dairy products and many kinds of fruits like banana, orange, grape, etc. etc.  what else they can intake?  It seems to me that they eat limited diet which is not balanced at all?

I remember once I asked Dr. Trodd whether food test is necessary for A-child, his answer is NO.  I even feel that he does not seem to be enthuaistic to do such test (they charge $3,000!)

Would like to share all of you that I just found a kindergarten which can provide I-seat for Justin and if everything is smooth, I hope he can start his new school life in 2 or 3 weeks' time.

Besdies, thanks very much for mickeyma's advice and stellacl's profile!  By the way, stellacl, don't be too upset about the test and how's your son's primary life so far?

Justin2002

9#
發表於 05-9-6 10:15 |顯示全部帖子

Dear mrsphcheung,

So do you mean your son does not eat fish at all?  I am a bit concerned about those fresh meat, like pork, beef and even chicken.  It seems that they are all contaminated to certain extent. Even vegetables and fruits, are you taking organic ones?  Sorry for so many questions.

Anyway, your great efforts in putting your son into such a restrictive diet is well deserved with a big salute!

Justin2002

10#
發表於 05-9-7 09:41 |顯示全部帖子

Justin has been given glutathione since last visit on 13 August.  I did not observe much hyper as Kawai's case but also cannot tell how it improves his situation on detox-wise.

In fact, I have applied Epsom salt to Justin only once a day in his bath (sometimes he takes two baths a day).  So far so good, nothing bad.  Since this is not an intake (like medicine), I shall continue but when I asked Dr. Trodd how much we should add into the water, he seems not certain.

Recently, I was recommended by a friend (who is a doctor) to approach sound therapy.  I paid a visit but found out that this will do best on elder kids only(Justin is too young at 3) of at least 5 or 6 because they need to put a headphone on their heads.  For interests, you may visit www.tomatis.com to check out the background and history.  There is only one centre in Hong Kong which has the necessary equipment and the practitioner is certified DLS/EMDR practitioner. However, they are extremely full in schedule as I find out not only A-kids, adults also go there for therapy.

If you really want to try, you may call up at 2866-9116 (they open at 12:00 only) and close on all Sundays.

Hope this provides you with another kind of choice.

Justin2002

11#
發表於 05-9-7 11:18 |顯示全部帖子

I am not too familiar with AIT but it sounds similar.  However, according to the practitioner, regular assessment needs to be made so as to keep track the improvement/development.  Anyway, they suggest a full program which consists of 33 sessions and each session has 3 20-minutes parts.  1-8 sessions will be something like a warm-up exercise followed by another 8-10 sessions of filtering or vocal exercises. Finally will be some reinforcement program where particular frequency will be filtered in/out.   First time assessment costs around 1,800 and each session is $650.  However, one very important element is that they strongly recommend or urge the kid to be accompanied by mother every time.

Justin2002

12#
發表於 05-9-7 17:21 |顯示全部帖子

I have a quick look on the website and it seems quite good.  If kmwun has more information after meeting with the sales, plesae let us know or we may order together?

Justin2002
P.S. by the way, do we need to consult Dr. Trodd before giving this Eye Q to our kids?

13#
發表於 05-9-8 10:07 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,

I sent an email to Dr. Trodd this morning seeking his advice on taking Eye Q instead of Cod Liver Oil.  However, he replied promptly saying that "I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS PRODUCT".

I am a bit upset by his immediate answer, not even bother to take a look at the website (which I gave also).  I understand that this product may not be one of his "familiar" items under DAN protocol, however, I believe a responsible doctor should take some initiative to check for their clients on their enquireis particularly on medicine.

Just a bit of sharing ......

Justin2002

14#
發表於 05-9-9 11:30 |顯示全部帖子

mickeyma,

Yes, my son is going to study in the same school as your son's.  But now waiting for Welfare Department to process papers which I find is quite slow.  Last Saturday, we paid a visit to the kindergarten and I talked to Ms. Tsui.  I hope that sooner Justin receives proper training, sooner he will catch up with others!

Many thanks for your valuable advice and comments!

Justin2002

15#
發表於 05-9-9 11:35 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks kawai.  I understand that doctors always have liability in what they disclose or say.  However, I intend to visit Dr. Trodd only when Justin finishes his supplements as I found that he did not pay much attention to the boy in fact.  During my last visit, Dr. Trodd even forgot to explain to me the hair lab results!

Since Dr. Trodd told me that if the kid is not on GF/CF diet, there is no use in giving him supplements, I have concerns in continuing visiting him as Justin is not on strict GF/CF diet!

16#
發表於 05-9-9 16:33 |顯示全部帖子

Dear kmwun,

Thanks so much for your information and look forward to receiving your Chinese leaflet and pricelist.

Appreciate your great efforts.

Justin2002

17#
發表於 05-9-12 12:50 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,

It's quite exhausting to catch up a few days' message!

I am so eager to join you all on 30 Sep but I have enrolled on Breakthrough's sensory motoring workshops.  Please let me know where you are having dinner or I may come late to join you after I finish at 9:30 pm in Jordan.

Justin2002

18#
發表於 05-9-13 10:35 |顯示全部帖子

I have some queries in mind.  For those who have visited both Dr. Trodd and Dr. Lam, what do you find the major difference between these 2 doctors (besides the fact that Dr. Trodd is a DAN doctor and Dr. Lam is not)?

I am wondering if I should consult Dr. Lam's advice on Justin's case.  I do not follow GF/CF diet but I do not give milk to my kid.  He also occasionally eats cakes, chocolates (most are CF), biscuits.  He loves bread where he nearly eats everyday (either at home or in school).  However, I do find that his eye contact improves a lot after stopping milk 2 months ago and in fact, his speech increases a lot these days.  I don't know if this is because of Dr. Trodd's supplements (he gave CLO, Super NuThera, DMG+folinic acid on first visit and add micro-minerals, L-Gluthione after second visit).

Also another point is Justin eats lots of onion and I put quite an amount of garlic in cooking.  He also takes epsom salt bath.  I don't know if all these help also!

May someone advise me what exactly Dr. Lam will provide?  It seems that he gives supplements similar as Dr. Trodd.

Given that he can provide same supplements with lower price, I intend to visit him after finishing the current supplements.

Your valuable comments are appreciated.

Many thanks,
Justin2002

19#
發表於 05-9-15 11:20 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks a lot, kawai.  Yes, I confirm my late attendance and would like to request liquid sample if possible.

I hope to join you all latest by 9:30 p.m. but no need to include me for dinner.  

Justin2002

20#
發表於 05-9-29 12:28 |顯示全部帖子

Dear ivanmommy,

May I ask why you think bird-nest is of high mercury level?  My son did eat bird-nest during SARs period!

Many thanks,
Justin2002
‹ 上一主題|下一主題