用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 Dr.T 在此 (Hello, Dr.T speaking... 續集)
發新帖
樓主: Dr.T
go

Dr.T 在此 (Hello, Dr.T speaking... 續集) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-2-12 14:24 |顯示全部帖子
Hello Dr T,

I feel very frustrated about my son's behavior. He is 4 years old. He has mild language delay. His teacher complained that he always answer 'I don't know" to any questions for the last 3 months. Even to some simple questions he sure has the answer.

Since he actually talked a lot at home, we thought maybe he lack of confidence to speak in school. So we always encourage him to talk. His teacher asked us to ask him more open questions instead of yes or no questions. But we tried for 3 months and it seems it is getting worse. Now whenever he hear words like 'what', 'how', 'where', etc, he will say 'I don't know'. Sometime I think he is doing it deliberately.

Yesterday I was really so worried so I told him if he keep on doing that, he won't be able to go to primary school. He is very upset. Finally he calm down and promised not saying that again. But today, he changed to say 'no idea' instead of 'I don't know'. Can you believe it? He is just 4 years old. How can he be so rebellious?

I have no clue how we can help him. His teacher just said if he keep on like this, he won't be able to pass interview if we want to apply private schools. Can you give me some advice? What he is thinking?

2#
發表於 08-2-15 14:57 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Dr. T,

Thanks for your reply. Good to know my son is not the only one. :-| He was born in the year end child so he is in K2 now. It is not so easy to teach things because he always wanted to play the teacher and I can only play the students. :cry: I think if he does cooperate with us, he will have big improvement. But it seems he always decide when he will make progress.

For this kind of child, do you think traditional school is more appropriate? Maybe he needs more discipline? Now he is in international kindergarten.

3#
發表於 08-2-22 10:23 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #44 Dr.T 的文章

Hi Dr. T,

You are right I mixed two different questions together.  I guess I am not sure what is the root problem. Is it because my son has the language delay, so he only like to do what he can do? Or reverse? Really hard to find out.

4#
發表於 08-2-28 17:55 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #49 Dr.T 的文章

Hi Dr. T,

I understand your point now and agree with you. Thanks a lot.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題