4. chanchanboy
5. Justin2002
6. Dommom
7. haybmum

2#
發表於 05-7-8 00:35 |顯示全部帖子

Re: "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "

hi Kawai and all parents,

I do not have much experience on biomedical treatment to share.  To help those parents who are interesting on this topic, may be I quote some information that I read from book/websites to see if this can help.  For those more knowledgable and experience parents, please add on / correct me if you have other thoughts.

According to the research results, many ASD kids have the following common profile:
- high toxic chemcial level
- heavy metal contamination (eg Mercury)
- low level of essential mineral
- immune dysregulation
- inflamable intestines

It is still unknown why the ASD kids have the above problems, however, these problems will impair the neurodevelopment of the kids as proper nourishment does not reach their brain cells.

The purpose of Gluten Free/ Casein Free diet and taking biomedical supplements is to help to reduce the above problems.  However, the effect of the diet control and the biomedical treatment many vary from kid to kid.  There is also no single rule to measure the effectiveness of the treatment. Parents have to observe the behaviour or reactions of the kids to see if the improvement/ regression is resulted from the supplements or not.

For the question raised by st whether the biomedical treatment is also applicable to kids with developmental delay or not, my thought is that as long as the kid has similar profile on impairment of neurodevelopment, the biomedical treatment would be applicable. However, to see whether it fits to the ASD profile, laboratory test, such as blood test has to be done.

kawai 寫道:
Dear Mrs Cheung and parents who are using bio-treatment,

We really need your help in answering questions on this issue.  

3#
發表於 05-7-8 19:13 |顯示全部帖子

support the suggestion..
Justin2002 寫道:
Regarding venue for gathering, may I suggest somewhere in Causeway Bay?  I think if the number of participants is more than 10, we may consider having Chinese food.

Justin2002

4#
發表於 05-7-10 14:54 |顯示全部帖子

Me too. As long as the time is suitable, it would not be a problem to me.

mickeyma 寫道:
yes, I like it. It is a great idea.
what time would be the show as we need to work that day?

5#
發表於 05-7-10 14:57 |顯示全部帖子

mickeyma 寫道:
[
Tsimshatsui:
Kawai
chanchanboy (2nd priority)
siubchuma
Mickeyma

Causeway Bay:
chanchanboy (1st priority)
Mrs Cheung (1st priority)
Haybmum (1st priority but no objection for TST)

6#
發表於 05-7-15 00:15 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Steven,
To my understanding, it is not that common for ASD kids to have low level of mercury.  In fact, ASD kids generally have high toxic level in most area since their detoxification system is vulnerable.  So you may notice that we talked about MB-12 supplement or injection in our previously message, and latest is the Glutathione, in order to improve the kids' ability to reduce the toxic level.  Even though you take the chelation to remove the Lead now, this is only a short term solution.  In long run, your son still need to build up his boby to remove the toxic metal.  Therefore, a DAN doctor is still needed.

7#
發表於 05-7-19 00:12 |顯示全部帖子

hi all,
where should we go this Friday? Causeway Bay or Tsimshatsui?  Which restaurant?  I think we need to fix the place and time.

8#
發表於 05-7-19 14:26 |顯示全部帖子

I can only join the dinner as 5:30pm is too early for me.

9#
發表於 05-7-19 23:01 |顯示全部帖子

Any suggestion in TST ?  

10#
發表於 05-7-20 14:55 |顯示全部帖子

Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group

Date: 22/7 Friday
Time: 7:00pm
Venue: Choi Wan Hin Seafood Restaurant
(廣東道30號新港中心3樓)

Remark: Ms Chan 訂位 (暫時10位)

Please sign up for your confirmation to attend:

1. Kawai
2. Justin2002
3. HelenMrs.Lau  我又想黎8下,MAY I.....
4. 678
5. Mickeyma
6. Haybmum

11#
發表於 05-7-20 14:58 |顯示全部帖子

same to me.  nice to know you will join.

Mickeyma, be careful if your boss can watch your private mail.  This is violation of Personal Data Privacy Ord.

[quote]
mickeyma 寫道:
Helen, great to see you ah!!!
Dear All,
I can only check the topics here at lunch time from now on as yesterday I was caught by my boss when I was here..

12#
發表於 05-7-28 17:13 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Kawai,
many thanks for the sharing.  It's really useful.

13#
發表於 05-8-13 00:08 |顯示全部帖子

kawai,
but it seems that only Doctor's Data lab in Chicago is reliable.  Does the extreme health also send the hair to Doctor's data lab for analysis?
By the way, who is Paul Lam?

14#
發表於 05-8-13 13:23 |顯示全部帖子

Dear mickeyma,
thank you for your information.

15#
發表於 05-8-13 13:26 |顯示全部帖子

seems worth to try.  But do you know the exact dosage and content per each MB12 injection?  Need to compare it before we know how much to give it to our sons.

kawai 寫道:
Dear all,

Has anyone ever tried B-12 liquid sublingual form?  This is highly recommended as alternative to the injection method.

Web site:
http://www.nbnus.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=75&osCsid=4d16e7026b0dea49e7f4631cb46e44b0

16#
發表於 05-8-13 22:31 |顯示全部帖子

I asked him what can substitute the injection but he asked me to keep until the hair test result is available by 2 weeks later.  May be I need to ask him whether my son should switch to the sublingual form next time.

mrsphcheung 寫道:
Dear all,
My child has taken Methylcobalamin Vitamin B-12 (Sublingual) prescribed by Dr. Trodd for 2 months.  I don't find anything different from before.  

17#
發表於 05-8-14 22:32 |顯示全部帖子

Kawai,
I saw Trodd yesterday at 9:30. When was your appointment with him?  
I think the B12 injection is helpful to my son as his glutathione level was in the normal range according to the blood analysis done by Dr Jill James.  I will check with Dr Trodd on my next visit (2 weeks later) on the sublingual form.

I will add the glutathione from Lipoflow to my son + Nystatin to control the yeast.  Will see how it goes.

Hope my son's hair test result will show the reducing level of toxic metal.  I don't want him to try the chelation therapy.

18#
發表於 05-8-16 18:03 |顯示全部帖子

my son was hyperactive at the initial stage of receiving B12 injection.  After reducing the dosage to 1/2 but still maintaining twice a week, his behaviour was back to normal gradually.

How many times did Yu take the B12?  I thought it was once only.  What other supplements that he is currently taking? It seems that the side effect of B12, if only once, should not last that long.

19#
發表於 05-8-16 22:57 |顯示全部帖子

mickeyma,
I think it should be due to the new environment / leaving of the maid instead of MB12 injection.  From my own experience (of course it is quite limited), my son will only be hyper in the first 1-2 days immediately after the injection.  His behavior will back to normal thereafter until the next injection.

20#
發表於 05-8-22 09:11 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Kawai,
Thank you very much.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題