教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "
樓主: kawai
go

"Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group " [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 05-11-10 11:59 |顯示全部帖子

Re: "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "

hi Kawai,
I read the web posted by you and agree that it is worth to try.  

I will visit Dr Trodd this weekend but I will also join the group order.

62#
發表於 05-11-10 13:27 |顯示全部帖子

hi mickeyma,
glad to see yu's improvement after the B12 injection.  Although it's a bit painful, the effect is apparent to most of our kids.

Kawai,
unlike Kickman's colostrum, it seems that the transfer factor is not GFCF.  Am I right?

63#
發表於 05-11-10 14:33 |顯示全部帖子

kawai,
you are very efficient.  I just found the website and later found that you have already posted it to answer me.
Are you buying the TF Plus Advance?  

64#
發表於 05-11-10 22:17 |顯示全部帖子

Re ordering of TF Advanced Plus:
1. Justin2002 - 3 bottles
2. sjmama - 2 bottles
3. HayBMum - 2 bottles
4. Mrs Cheung -2 bottles (in capsules)
5. yuenyuen

65#
發表於 05-11-11 10:27 |顯示全部帖子

hi dcsk,

I read the web and it seems that it would be better to take a break after taking the TF for 3 months.

Guess who I am?  tips... our sons' names are similar..

I read your posting of Park'n'shop.  Last night, my son also has a funny talk with me.  He tried to grab the book from me and torn 2 pages out.  I was angry and picked up a ruler and said:
mom: "因為你整爛本書,我而家要罰你, 伸手出黎。"
son: 好無奈伸出手
mom: "打兩下手板好唔好?"
son: "唔好"
mom: "咁點罰你至好?"
son: 認真考慮左一陣,然後答我: “無得玩 jump start"

He felt that this is the most serious punishment to him as he likes to play jump start very much.  I was so impressed with his conversation as he started to know how to negotiate.

66#
發表於 05-11-11 19:54 |顯示全部帖子

ORDER LIST OF TR:
TF Classic (1 bottle)
1. Justin2002
2. Mrs Cheung
3. Kawai
4. haybmum

TF Advanced Plus (I believe we can put into the same order)
1. Mrs Cheung (1 bottle)(I will try it first as I am a 藥煲)
2. haybmum (1 bottle)

I will try the Advance one to see the effect.

67#
發表於 05-11-13 17:11 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Dommon,

Do you mean the thiol test result?  

I got the second blood test result and was surprised to know that the result after taking glutathione was poorer than the one before taking it.   I will ask Dr James directly to see her comments.  Dr Trodd said this might be due to the high level of lead and mercury.  However, he forgot that my son's lead level was significantly reduced after taking the MB12 injection.  So I just can't believe him anymore.  My first impression is that Glutathione (or simply Wellness Glutathione) does not suitable for orally taken by my son.

On the other hand, he said the Transfer Factor may cause allergy and therefore did not recommend it to my son.  But I will prefer to try.

68#
發表於 05-11-14 00:12 |顯示全部帖子

kawai,

Some article claimed that oral Glutathione works well for kids but I read one article that said it does not (I can't find it again although I try to search the web today.  It was mentioned in the yahoo group before).  
I also try to find a GSE for my son but according to the a study, the effectiveness of GSE is due totally to the presence of the preservatives, and the grapefruit seed extracts have no antimicrobial effects on their own.  Visit the following website about this:
www.wellvet.com/grapefruitseedextracts.html

I am checking with Kickman to see how it respond to the findings of WellVet.

69#
發表於 05-11-14 00:31 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Dommom,

Dennis tries the Lipoflow.  I tried it for a short while and suspend it due to the sickness of my son.

My son's first blood test result showed that his GSH/GSSG level was 27 (a bit higher than the reference range of >25) even though he had not taken any L-Glutathione yet.  However, after taking it for 6 weeks, the GSH/GSSG level dropped to 21.  Unbelievable?  Trodd said it may be due to the high lead and mercury level.  But my son's lead level and mercury level should be similar before and after taking the GSH.  Moreover, his lead level dropped significantly after taking folinic acid + MB12 injection.  So I just cannot take Trodd's advice to do the DMSA challenge test.   However, one factor that may need consideration is that the my son's second blood sample was held up for unknown reason for 3 months before sending to Dr James.  Don't know whether this affect the test result or not.

70#
發表於 05-11-16 22:45 |顯示全部帖子

Kawai,
here is Kickman's reply on GSE:
"I checked out the website, but it does not mention what the preservative is called in the grapefruit seed extracts.  Our product contains only the grapefruit seed extract, plant cellulose (the capsule), and silicon dioxide (the filler).  Please feel free to contact us with further questions or comments."

Are you using NutriBiotic GSE Liquid?  I see the content of which contains 67% Vegetable Glycerin.  Do you know what is it actually?

Dr Trodd said the TF may cause allergy to kids and therefore not recommend to my son.  Perhaps some kids show regression after taking the TF but you know sometimes the regression may due to many factors.  Anyway, I consider it's worth to try.  Not only for my son, I also want my mother to try because she is always sick.

Btw, which brand of digestive enzyme that your son is currently taking?  I am looking at Kickman's Enzym Complete and would like to see if any better alternative.  Please advise.

Justin2002,
Thank you for your coordination & arrangement.  

71#
發表於 05-11-17 00:52 |顯示全部帖子

kawai,
nice to know that the TF works fine with you.  

Thanks very much for the websites.  It really helps me to know more about the enzyme product.

Tonight, I did badly on the B12 injection with my son.  I tried to do as shallow as possible but failed and simply spread the liquid all around.   I think there was only 1/3 being injected to my son.  He was scared to know that I wanted to try again tomorrow.  

72#
發表於 05-11-21 15:10 |顯示全部帖子

抗真菌藥「大扶康」美疑奪4命 港常用 可治陰道感染口腔潰爛

一種廣為本港醫生用作治療陰道念珠菌感染及口腔潰爛的抗真菌藥「氟康唑」(Fluconazole,在港售賣品牌為大扶康,Diflucan),其藥廠日前向美國食品藥物管理局報告,在去年一個牽涉880名年輕病者的研究中,發現有四人服藥後死亡,當中有7歲大的兒童服藥後出現昏迷、及內臟受損而死;另一名只有40日大的幼嬰亦在哺乳期間突然死亡。

有關藥物在香港要醫生處方售賣,但本報昨日輕易在藥房自行購得。

港醫生︰聞所未聞

負責研製氟康唑的美國輝瑞藥廠(Pfizer)表示,全球每年平均有1,100萬人服用此藥。不過,美國食品及藥物管理局指出,四名死者本身患有其他疾病,又同時服食其他藥物,未能完全證實死因直接由服用氟康唑所致。

香港家庭醫學院院長李國棟昨則對氟康唑疑致人死亡表示「好新、未聽聞過」。

他指,基於氟康唑可一劑過有效治療由真菌引起的疾病,故此藥在港「很常見」,是香港醫生經常配方的藥物,除了用作醫治陰道念珠菌外,還可醫治由真菌導致的口腔潰爛、皮膚生癬。本港約一成女性受念珠菌困擾。

藥劑師學會藥物教育資源中心總監崔俊明亦指,此藥分口服及針劑兩種,在港廣泛應用已達十年之久,是本港公立醫院及私家診所常用的有效療藥。崔指,目前醫藥界只知道此藥會導致用者作嘔、肚瀉,嚴重的則肝狀功能受損等(見表),一般市民須醫生處方才可在藥房購買。

輝瑞藥廠日前向美國食品及藥物管理局報告,去年開始以880名服用「氟康唑」的病者作研究對象,結果發現395人出現嚴重副作用,當中29人為兒童。但最叫人震驚的是,有四名年齡由40日大的幼嬰至7歲大的兒童先後在用藥後死亡。

報告指出,一名本身患上神經管細胞癌的七歲大兒童,在用藥後突然昏迷,體內並有多個器官受損無法運作;而一名受真菌感染的六周大嬰兒,服藥後肝臟發大,總肝紅素及肝酵母急升,其後死亡,上述兩名死者為多劑量服食者。

幼嬰亡 疑從母體染真菌

另外,有兩名幼嬰,只在服用一劑量後便死去。當中包括一名出世後有先天缺陷的幼嬰,另一名幼嬰則在哺乳時突然死亡,死時只有40日大。

對此,崔俊明解釋,因為嬰兒由母體陰道出生,倘若母親陰道又或身體感染真菌,真菌亦可感染幼嬰而死。

崔續指,同樣地,倘若母親服用氟康唑,有抗藥性亦可能傳給嬰兒,嬰兒對藥物出現抗藥性,便會產生自我免疫力「自己打自己」,終致死亡。

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

抗真菌藥「氟康唑」(Fluconazole)療效及副作用

療效

˙陰道念珠菌

˙口腔潰爛

˙皮膚生癬

˙口咽氣道及食道潰瘍

--------------------

副作用

˙作嘔

˙肚瀉

˙頭痛

˙出現紅疹

˙癲癇

˙肝功能及其他器官受損

˙藥物過敏致呼吸困難而身亡

註︰只有高劑量及長期服用才致上述副作用

註:Fluconazole在本港藥房以「大扶康」(Diflucan)名字出售。

資料來源︰美國疾病控制與預防中心、香港家庭醫學院院長李國棟、藥劑師學會藥物教育資源中心崔俊明

73#
發表於 05-11-27 23:48 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Dommon,

According to our last bulk order, 15 bottles of Transfer Factor Advanced & 12 TF classic were purchased.  After sharing the freight charges (equally among 27 bottles), the TF Advanced was HK$370.50 per bottle.

For the ordering, I think you can go through 4Life's website directly.  Perhaps you can check with Justin2002 who may know better about the ordering details and the way to get better discount. According to kawai's posting earlier, it seems that there is a point system for those who order the product in bulk.

74#
發表於 05-11-28 01:19 |顯示全部帖子

siu_ming,
祝你B12計劃成功!

chanchanboy,
yeast 的問題真難搞,我本來唸住去green concept 買grapefruit seed extract 比阿仔試,近排阿仔多返humming等 self-stimulation, 但個樽寫住係"grapeseed extract" 而唔係grapefruit, 所以都係唔買住睇定的,咁橋little giant話會遲的入kickman's GSE, 所以都係等佢入左後先買。
題外話,little giant 話有位媽咪剛剛入哂的AFP-Peptizyde, 果個係唔係你呀?

75#
發表於 05-11-28 12:00 |顯示全部帖子

hi all,

I have ordered extra Childlife Vitamin C in order to justify the frieght charges.  If anyone interested, please pm me.

You can take a look of this product at the following website:
Vitamin C

76#
發表於 05-11-29 09:18 |顯示全部帖子

kawai,
1250mg is ok for a ~17kg boy according to the recommended dosage of 75mg / kg.  But I forgot the concentration of the B12 that Dr Trodd is currently giving to our kids.  If you get the reply from him, please also share with us.  

For OLE, I already got it from Green Concept.  My maid is trying it because she cough recently.  Still wait to see the effect.

ivanmommy,
don't be scared by my posting.  According to chanchanboy, the Diflucan in liquid form is still safe unless very high dosage is consumed.

Mrs Cheung,
What do you mean by high dosage of B12? How high is it?

77#
發表於 05-11-29 21:54 |顯示全部帖子

Mrsphcheung,

I think Dr Trodd give you the wrong information.  Let me check with the pharmacist what is our current dosage when I go to collect the medication tomorrow.

78#
發表於 05-12-1 00:26 |顯示全部帖子

hi kawai, mrsphcheung & chanchanboy,

This is my understanding on the current MB12 injection from Dr Trodd:
The current dosage, i.e. 1.25mg is equal to 1250mcg per shot.  
Dr Neubrander's protocol is 64.5 mcg/kg once every 3 days.  For a 18kg boy (around 40 pound), it requires 1161mcg per shot.  Therefore Dr Trodd's current prescription at 1250mcg / 0.25ml is even a bit higher than Dr Neubrander's protocol.  

The only difference is the concentration.  Dr Neubrander recommended the concentration at 25 mg/ml so that it provides the least surface area resulting in a slower and more uniform rate of release.  Therefore to take 1250mcg, only 0.05ml per shot will be required.  As the volume is too low, it will be very difficult to manage and I think that's why Dr Trodd did not recommend parents to do it by themselves.

Please correct me if my understanding above is wrong.

79#
發表於 05-12-1 11:40 |顯示全部帖子

kawai,

我仔仔都有試過停打B12, 我係專登停打睇下有咩唔同,結果大約6星期後先見佢awareness 方面明顯regress, 之後打番MB12 但就要重新experience過hyperactive的問題。

kawai 寫道:
我仔仔有試過停打B12,再打返覺得同唔打冇分別.

80#
發表於 05-12-1 14:24 |顯示全部帖子

Hi mrsphcheung,

For my son's case, if my memory is still correct, he showed immediately improvement in awareness right after the shot.  He reponded faster when we called his name and asked him to do things.  However, he was also very hyperactive on that night (very excited, running around and refused to stop).  As time past, I could hardly figure out whether his good attention and engagement was due to B12, other supplements or the intensive training.  Therefore I stopped the B12 for about 6 weeks to see the effect.  Later on, it was proved to be effective in terms of awareness on my son. But according to Dr Jill James, she thought that the B12+ folinic acid together work well with my son.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題