用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

101#
發表於 10-1-21 12:09 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Doramich,

You will still have time to shop for DSS so I suggest you go through the list from the following website:

http://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/primary/index.php?lang=c

And filter by "DSS" or "Private", there are only 20 DSS and 40 private primary schools in HK.  Then take some time to visit their school websites to find those that suit your needs.

Ian

原帖由 doramich 於 10-1-21 05:31 發表
Ian,
  thanks for your quick reply. Do you know  some DSS schools that may be suitable for me as I am totally clueless and not sure which ones to look at.

we will live close to my daughter's school f ...

醒目開學勳章

102#
發表於 10-1-21 15:45 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Mommy-Maggie,

I believe TT may have an edge due to its language program.

Ian

原帖由 Mommy-Maggie 於 10-1-21 15:12 發表

Dear Ian
thanks much for your prompt response!!  
In term of competitiveness for the DSS, which one will be better?  MS vs TT vs KRS .  thanks again!!!

醒目開學勳章

103#
發表於 10-1-22 19:17 |顯示全部帖子
Hi lovekaren1107,

I think St. Clare's would be a better choice.  No need to worry about being wait-listed at first.

Ian

原帖由 lovekaren1107 於 10-1-22 17:07 發表
Hi Ian

I really got useful information from your post.
Million thanks for your time and effort.

My girl has 2 offers, one is from Blood Precious and the other one is St. Clare.   Please let me have  ...

醒目開學勳章

104#
發表於 10-1-23 23:48 |顯示全部帖子
Hi BabyHilary,

Haven't heard from you for a long while, start planning for your younger daughter already?

You are right, SHCSPS (am) have 3 classes only (sometimes 4, happen in 2 out of every 6 years).  But since it is private primary, it can have really big class so there are no restrictions on how many students per class.

Moreover, it is assumed that some of the SHCK students will choose SHCS(pm) (Total 5 classes), also minus the around 10% of boy students, and some students will get seats in Marymount or St. Mary's thru allocation.  So there are no problems to admit all students from SHCK.

Let me know if you still have concerns.

Ian

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 10-1-23 23:37 發表
Ian,

Your daughters are so 幸福 to have a dad like u!

Thanks for sharing such valuable information, I have a question, the information here http://www.chsc.hk/primary/tc/schooldetail.asp?sch_id=55&v ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-1-24 01:37 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

105#
發表於 10-1-24 01:38 |顯示全部帖子
Hi yiuyiumom,

What are your expectations and any more background information for me to comment on between these two kindergartens?

Ian

原帖由 yiuyiumom 於 10-1-23 10:52 發表
Hello Ian,

Appreciate if you can give some comments on TT and MS.

Thanks a lot!

醒目開學勳章

106#
發表於 10-1-24 13:14 |顯示全部帖子
Hi BabyHilary,

I think SPK will still be your top priority for Hilary, right?

Yes, my younger daughter will attend Creative for N1 and then apply SHCK for K1.  But will also need to apply a few more for backups.

I agree SPK and SHCK are quite different actually.  I don't think SHCK is really that traditional and strict, actually they just want to teach the students with better manners and positive attitudes only.  The main differences are SHCK has more homeworks to do and also start teaching phonics in K1.  I think SPK is more relax but still have fair amounts of works to do at school.

Concerning GH, I think no ones really know how it will be since the first year is yet to come.  May be can watch what the new parents will comment after their children attend this new kindergarten.  Is GH more convenient location-wise?  I guess you should apply all three anyway in the coming year so good luck to you!

Ian

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 10-1-24 10:04 發表
I see...sounds good ha!

Yes, I start to plan for my younger daughter, she will attend PN at Cannan in coming August. As we're catholic, our dream sch is one dragon catholic school, it would be perfec ...

醒目開學勳章

107#
發表於 10-1-24 20:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Javismom,

Has SKH announced result yet?  If accept SKH(Central), then certainly SKH first.

For St. Paul's Church and KV, where do you live?  I think may be choose St. Paul's Church if live in HK island and KV if live in Kowloon side.

Personally, I prefer KV over St. Paul's church.

Ian

原帖由 Javismom 於 10-1-24 18:53 發表
Dear Ian,

Please give me some advices, how would u choose between St. Paul Church, SKH & KV? My son is active but a bit lazy!  Thx!

醒目開學勳章

108#
發表於 10-1-25 10:45 |顯示全部帖子
hi yiuyiumom,

If that's the case, then should choose TT since MS is not a through train.  Only two-third of the MS kindergarten students will be offered seats in their primary section.

Ian

原帖由 yiuyiumom 於 10-1-25 09:26 發表
Hello Ian,

Thanks for your reply.

I prefer MS because it is a through train school as well as its reputation.
However, my husband prefer TT because of their language environment and variety of act ...

醒目開學勳章

109#
發表於 10-1-25 13:57 |顯示全部帖子
Hi BabyHilary,

Of course!  You have studied so hard to prepare for your son's application at SPK last year so definitely have read from you!

You are a really good mom, and your daughter is fortunate to have a caring mother and elder brother too!  I wish you good luck to all three kindergartens next year!

Let me know if you need more information next year for SHCK.  The good thing is next year there should be extra 60 places at SHCK (to be confirmed)!  So total of 240 seats so parents who wanna try SHCK (including me), this is definitely good news!

Ian

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 10-1-25 10:46 發表
Hi Ian,

You know quite well about me...SPK surely my 1st priority, but understand how difficult to get a seat in these few years as the competition really keen.

I also like SH very much as I prefer ...

醒目開學勳章

110#
發表於 10-1-25 13:59 |顯示全部帖子
Personally I would like KV even more than SKH actually, because (1) we don't live in HK island and (2) I don't have St. Paul's Co-ed or St. Paul's boys as my target at all.

So in your case, SKH should definitely be the top choice.  And since you live in HK island, may as well choose St. Paul's Church over KV unless you have any special reasons.  Is there any?

Ian

原帖由 Javismom 於 10-1-25 12:19 發表
Dear Ian,

Thanks for your reply.  I live on Hong Kong side & I just have the interview on 23/1 (Butler Mount campus), so not yet have the result, i hope my son can get an offer, SKH is my dream kinde ...

醒目開學勳章

111#
發表於 10-1-25 17:04 |顯示全部帖子
Hi lamleebb,

Basically PC should be a happy kindergarten while some basic knowledge will be supplied to the children.  It will guarantee all their kindergarten students to their primary section.  Since their secondary section will also change to Direct subsidy, that means as long as your girl can maintain fair academic level, it is an one-dragon for 15 years.

For the case of GH, since the kindergarten is new, I guess no ones can assure you how it is.  At least we know they are not accepting voucher so that means they will have more flexibility on designing the program contents, with NET teachers and less activity learning approach.  GH primary and secondary is good but also not easy.  Similarly, they are already a DSS secondary school so you can look at 15 years of one-dragon if can maintain a fair academic standard.

The key differences are Pui Ching secondary is using Chinese as MOI while GH is definitely English.  I personally prefer Catholic schools with single gender so certainly I would prefer GH over PC.

Ian

原帖由 lamleebb 於 10-1-25 14:35 發表

Hi Ian,
I have asked for the advice in other post. Thank you for your advice. However, I don't know much about both GH/PC. Can u give me some more information about them? My child is a girl. Why u c ...

醒目開學勳章

112#
發表於 10-1-25 17:11 |顯示全部帖子
Hi BabyHilary,

I think you are very dedicated and had spent tremendous efforts last year for your son.  He should be very proud of you!

The interview result never really reflects the preparation done nor the intelligence level of the child, but simply whether the characteristics of themselves and the family fit the target group of each kindergarten.  May be it is faith that doesn't want your son to be surrounded by so many girls!

I am sorry I didn't make it clear about SHCK.  Actually it is because they have 10 classrooms so their pattern of admission is limited by the number of classrooms available, 3-3-4.  So, ONLY once every three years they can accept 60 more students (30 for am and 30 for pm for this extra classroom).  So your younger daughter and mine are lucky indeed!

I will try to reply your PM later today since it is actually quite long!  hehe, hope you don't mind.

Ian

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 10-1-25 15:20 發表
Ian, I have made effort for my son's kinder application but unfortunately he was failed in our first 2 priorities...Hope her little sister could makes our dream come true!

Do u mean starting from 201 ...

醒目開學勳章

113#
發表於 10-1-26 01:27 |顯示全部帖子
I have replied your PM, please check.

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 10-1-25 15:20 發表
Ian, I have made effort for my son's kinder application but unfortunately he was failed in our first 2 priorities...Hope her little sister could makes our dream come true!

Do u mean starting from 201 ...

醒目開學勳章

114#
發表於 10-1-26 12:58 |顯示全部帖子
hi shadma,

I think you have a good list of kindergartens to apply already.  If you need some backups for primary school, then you can consider also True Light and Kau Yan.  However, majority of the students will be girls for True Light.

Ian

原帖由 shadma 於 10-1-25 17:15 發表
Hi super ian,

My son is 0804 and lives in HK side....

Any kinder will you also recommend except SKH, St. Paul's Church, Rhenish HK, Ling Liang Church, Man Sang HK...... I'm afraid I need to apply mo ...

醒目開學勳章

115#
發表於 10-1-26 17:24 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Javismom,

I basically agree with you.  May I ask you more on what sort of primary schools are you planning for your son?

Ian

原帖由 Javismom 於 10-1-25 17:50 發表
Dear Ian,

Thanks for your advice.  

For me, I'll choose SKH>KV>St. Paul Church, but if i can't get an offer from SKH, i'll go to KV, because KV has a strong academic background, although it's on Kow ...

醒目開學勳章

116#
發表於 10-1-26 17:26 |顯示全部帖子
Hi BabyHilary,

I left you a note thru PM, please check.

Feel free to check with me for more information, hope I can help with my best ability.

Ian

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 10-1-26 10:34 發表
Fully understand now, because my son's kinder have 7 classrooms, 2-2-3...ur daughter and mine are very lucky ah!

Thanks for reading and replying my long pm!  

醒目開學勳章

117#
發表於 10-1-27 13:40 |顯示全部帖子
SKH and St. Paul's should be logical place for SPCC and St. Paul's Boy, you can see their allocation result on their homepage.

For DBS and Ying Wa, I guess besides the kindergarten, some additional activities may need to be arranged to strengthen the application.

原帖由 Javismom 於 10-1-27 10:07 發表
Dear Ian,

Good morning.  Be frank, i still have no idea at all, i think on HK side, may be SPCC, St. Paul Boys, Wah Yan...kowloon side, may be DBS, LS, ying wah.....

As i know it's not easy to get i ...

醒目開學勳章

118#
發表於 10-2-21 16:50 |顯示全部帖子
I have not heard such news.  Where did you hear about it?  2012 is the cutoff line where SHCS (pm) needs to change to whole day session, but that doesn't mean SHCSPS needs to be closed.  Or you are referring to the change related to feeder school system?

Ian

原帖由 Tofyma 於 10-2-21 15:57 發表
Hi Ian

Have heard that no more AM class for SH Primary in 2012?  Is that true?  Then what's the fate of PM govt-aid section....

醒目開學勳章

119#
發表於 10-2-21 17:24 |顯示全部帖子
SHCS(pm) needs to be changed because it is gov't aided mar!  So it must follow the policy by the EdB as it needs all gov't or gov't aided primary to change to whole day session.

That means SHCS(pm) will be moved to a new campus but they couldn't confirm on places proposed before so the move is still pending.  SHCSPS will likely to stay as the current location is self-owned.

原帖由 Tofyma 於 10-2-21 17:17 發表
Only SHCS (pm) needs to change to whole day session? No need for private session?  

Then how can they share the campus.  I am just afraid no more govt aid or the campus location is changed.

醒目開學勳章

120#
發表於 10-2-21 18:53 |顯示全部帖子
Your daughter is being accepted to SHCK lately?  Congratulations to you first and no need to worries too much now!

原帖由 Tofyma 於 10-2-21 18:09 發表
ic. thx so much Ian

Though it's too early for me to think about P1,  still hope its policy of acceptance from K3 to P1 would not be changed and the new location can be nearby la. Then my happiness of ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題