搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 澳洲讀醫/牙科
發新帖回覆
查看: 63858|回覆: 18
go

[澳紐] 澳洲讀醫/牙科   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 22-10-23 11:42 |顯示全部帖子

Hello我嚟緊讀Monash Final Year (5th year) Medicine,想搵翻幾個朋友仔:)

2#
發表於 23-3-25 13:16 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 happyfamilybaby 的帖子

有無後悔簡咗醫科? 無呀,passion嚟嘅你係citizen嗎?唔係,不過工作2年之後可申請PR,通常醫生會within 3-6months批,我有啲師兄係2months

3#
發表於 23-3-31 12:24 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 JayJayMum 的帖子

re: 你好吖, 我仔係citizen 但佢仲係香港讀緊中學, 想問下佢考埋dse可以報考澳洲大學既醫科定要黎讀高中呢?

DSE同高中(VCE)都可以報
以Monash為例,如果你係Citizen,用VCE成績報,會係交local學費(係international嘅 1/7),不過就好難入,因為VCE係全澳洲比,然後用percentile嚟入。身邊好多朋友都係99.95%,即係每2000個人先有1個人咁高分,至於要至少幾多%先入到,視乎咩cohort。以我果屆為例,正常cohort都要>95%以上;不過如果你係自願去rural嘅話,低至80%嘅我都見過,如果你係原住民(aboriginal or torres strait islander) 低至53%嘅我都見過。

如果你係用DSE成績,你就要去考ISAT。然後一定係用internation嘅名額入。容易啲入,不過學費係local嘅7倍。我當年係DSE best 5 要全部5或以上先可以報名,最後ISAT考咗93%tile入到monash。

4#
發表於 23-4-3 18:55 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Dr_Tsuii 於 23-4-3 18:57 編輯
manning2014 發表於 23-4-1 11:51
“如果你係用DSE成績,你就要去考ISAT。然後一定係用internation嘅名額入。容易啲入,不過學費係local嘅7倍 ...

點解啲字咁大隻嘅lolre: "當申請者係持有澳洲護照或永久居民身份,無論你用乜國家考試成績DSE, A-Level, IB, 大學都會以你係local居民身份,以local 學生一樣嘢用VCE percentile 去考慮,,競爭一樣咁難"呢個係錯嘅
身邊有唔少Local VCE成績差用international名額交full fees
點解我知?因為呢啲係我身邊坐喺隔離5年嘅同學,而唔係人傳人嘅3rd hand source
一句講到尾,成功都真係靠父幹

5#
發表於 23-4-7 01:04 |顯示全部帖子
Cecilia66 發表於 23-4-3 19:43
Hi !讀medicine 喺一間唔岀名大學畢業,對將來揾工有冇難度呀?
depends on which uni, which state and which countryalso if youre studying as an international student or a local.
please give me more context

6#
發表於 23-4-7 01:05 |顯示全部帖子
slamai 發表於 23-4-4 12:41
Can the student apply as citizen in one state and as international applicant in another state?
as mentioned by @Activehealthyes, you can.
i concur

7#
發表於 23-4-7 01:08 |顯示全部帖子
bearbear2003 發表於 23-4-5 21:50
想門報澳州醫科timeline 係點?要考UCAT-ANZ 後先可報,對嗎?
depends if you are1. applying for local vs international
2. did vce vs something else (dse)
3. applying for undergrad vs postgrad
4. which uni

please be specific :)

if you are applying international undergrad pathway, ucat-anz is not a requirement

8#
發表於 23-4-15 20:49 |顯示全部帖子
bearbear2003 發表於 23-4-8 21:25
Oh ISAT is required rather than UCAT-ANZ, right? Thx!
hi, sorry for the late reply. can someone teach me how to turn on notifications for this forum ;_;re: ISAT
yes, only ISAT is needed for international undergrad
what @MGTM said was right

9#
發表於 23-4-18 21:03 |顯示全部帖子
happyfamilybaby 發表於 23-4-16 00:04
可以分享下點解去澳洲讀醫嗎?如果澳洲,英國,香港,大家會點簡?
if you do QS ranking by subject. medicine is pretty good in auseven though a lot of HKers 崇英, Aus med ranking isnt necessary worse UK and HK med ranking

in 2018, monash's ranking was #29 and hku was #34.
personally im pretty sure i definitely cant get into Cambridge or oxford, and there have been bad news about internship in UK.
currently in victoria, there is no issue with internship other than being a second priority (which mean local students get internship first) and international students may need to apply for slightly more rural hospitals, but otherwise internship is still guaranteed and unlike UK we don't need to pay to get internship.

as for hk, there are several reasons and i don't want to get into trouble saying anything so i will just say i like living in aus because of the work life balance

10#
發表於 23-7-29 11:37 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 truthmr99 的帖子

hi there, sorry for the late reply. i think i may have to leave my personal contact at some point, feel free to pm me for that1. ISAT, you can sit it at any time I think, there are a few seasons of it. i originally aimed for hku mbbs, but I failed Chinese, so I took isat at around july I think
A HUGE BUT don't do that. i was lucky because monash has several rounds of offers and i submitted mine very late hahaha, please do that asap, i recommend even before jupas result is released.

2. Did you need to submit application for Monash before DSE exam or can wait until DSE is done?
as mentioned, you can do after jupas release

3. When was you interviewed after you sit for ISAT? Is the admission based on rolling basis?
my interview was on 29 nov
kinda like rolling basis, but I'm not sure

4. Will Monash accept more graduate entry students than direct admission.
no, grad entry is WAY more tougher than undergrad
only 10% of monash biomed can enter postgrad med
i think there is only 10 international postgrad seats and 70 international undergrad seats

11#
發表於 23-8-2 18:08 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 vcheng58 的帖子

no i only took a half year gap. (as southern hemisphere is different you know)april dse -> july jupas release -> oct isat -> nov interview -> dec monash accepted -> feb/march year 1
just a kind reminder, monash undergrad DOES NOT allow candidates who has done ANY tertiary education (asso included) after secondary school.
So within the half-year gap, if you were to be a part of an asso degree, a bach degree, or anything, you are disqualified for the undergrad pathway, and you MUST apply through the post-grad pathway.
Even if you did not finish the degree, once you entered ANY degree, you are not eligible for any undergrad pathway. (on paper, but people do it anyway and you just have to hide it, dont put it on social media)

a few years ago. one of my undergrad seniors was kicked out of med school after being found out that they did half year physio prior to medicine in their home country. so don't do that

12#
發表於 23-8-2 18:10 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 truthmr99 的帖子

1.  Just to confirm that international students should take ISAT instead of UCAT?  What's the required ISAT to be screened in for interview?
if youre applying for monash, yes, ISAT, the I stands for international

2. For your case did you start Uni locally for 1st sem while you were waiting for Monash offer?
as explained from the above comment, just dont do that publicly. i personally took a half year break because of stress

3. What was your back up plan then?
unsw, melb uni.
in fact, melb uni bio med accepted me already. and i just have to wait for monash's reply
unsw med accepted me as well but the internship aspect did not appeal to me.

13#
發表於 23-8-3 15:30 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 vcheng58 的帖子

How about UNSW? Does UNSW allow any tertiary education after secondary school?I am not sure, I would assume so as well. but don't quote me

So you didn't apply any UK Uni, right?
i think any decent med school in UK requires you to apply 1 year ahead. so WAY before you take DSE. at least this is what I saw in 2019. I may not be up to date to any UK related news.

If take a half year gap & not being accepted by Monash/ UNSW, will have the risk of no Uni. allocation (not interested in other Australia Uni course)
it is fine to take a gap year. it's just that we as Asians are taught that gap years are bad and make us look less competitive on our CVs. in aus, a lot of locals take a gap year whenever they feel like it, and it is totally normal and fine. it is not a sign of failure, but rather a time for self-development.

14#
發表於 23-11-9 15:26 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 happyfamilybaby 的帖子

"如果 Jan/2025入學,幾時要開始著手準備報名事宜?"please read the admission info of each uni
here is monash's attached
https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/3280518/2024-Monash-MD-INT.pdf

for me, i started preparing in july after dse result released. but from what ive heard from my colleagues, some of them started all the way back in april. i would recommend starting earlier for more room to breathe.

15#
發表於 23-11-12 20:21 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Dr_Tsuii 於 23-11-12 20:22 編輯

回覆 Augesttime 的帖子

depends on uni. honestly, i think this boils down to what you want to be in the future. there is no point in getting a well-esteemed job without passion/ actually enjoying it. HKU's dentistry was (unclear currently) the best dentistry course in the world, and personally, i would not aim for dentistry elsewhere in the world.
if you are looking for good money, aim for dentistry. med is more for passion, not money lol. so if your passion is in bodily medicine, you should do med.
medicine has a longer pathway and you get to decide later as you advance your training around PGY2. (and we have an array of flavours, like med, surg, psych, paeds, geris .etc)
an anecdote from one of my relatives is that being a dentist feels like your knowledge is limited to the head and neck only and you know nothing below the c spine.
a counterargument of that is as you advance in med, you will get more and more specialized and will forget other parts of the body as well (unless you want to be a GP)

re: scores, please google and check each individual admission criteria
ask an agent, most agencies provide free consult

16#
發表於 23-11-15 20:57 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Dr_Tsuii 於 23-11-15 20:58 編輯

回覆 Augesttime 的帖子

if your concern is about searching for a widely accepted test, I would suggest asking an academic agency for help. this is beyond my scope as this is about admission policy and I could only share my insight from a ex-medical student point of view. i am not sure about dentistry, but as an international student applying for undergrad medicine, generally, ISAT is preferred
btw, when you enquired these dental schools, did you specify that your child is taking an international spot of the undergrad cohort?

all the best

17#
發表於 24-1-29 17:16 |顯示全部帖子
嚟緊Monash 香港學生會將會舉行一個入學前嘅talk,Monash 香港學生會係由一班熱愛幫助其他學生嘅學生義工組成,有興趣嘅話可以嚟Zoom聽吓:)

詳情:
日期時間: 二月三號 3pm香港時間 6pm澳洲時間
地點: Zoom
報名link: https://forms.gle/nE1hRQZ1N3cibrpAA
海報: https://www.instagram.com/p/C2RJ9DoBDG3/

18#
發表於 24-5-8 15:51 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 happyfamilybaby 的帖子

5 years in Clayton is undergrad4 years in Gippsland is postgrad

5 years undergrad consists of 2 years of pre clin and 3 years of clinical years
4 years postgrad consists of 1 year of pre clin and 3 years of clinical years
the latter 3 years of clinical years are of the same cohort/pool

19#
發表於 24-5-8 15:53 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 meejh 的帖子

not sure about A level, I do have HK friends how got into med with A Level. However, for most updated details, please consult one of the agencies out there.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊