BB聽力測試 [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 05-5-16 01:01 |只看該作者

Re: BB聽力測試

Hi Yan Yan ma,

yan yan 有咁嘅表現都幾好呀,情况未必真係太差呢;起碼係聽到,大家都要樂觀同努力。

如要去瑪麗ENT,方法有二:
1) 要求東區兒科轉介,但上次兒科唔肯咁做
2) 找私家兒科或耳鼻喉轉介(但會以私家醫生收費,而不是政府收費,每次約$1,000)

可以考慮一下。

子喬媽上
子喬(兔仔B)

122#
發表於 05-5-16 01:06 |只看該作者

yan yan ma,

唔記得同你講,好似話所有東區ENT test 都係四眼陳做.....,真不幸。     

子喬媽上
子喬(兔仔B)

123#
發表於 05-5-16 01:31 |只看該作者

Hi, Daisy,

Thanks for your encouragement.... All of us should try our best to support our beloved babies... By the way, since Tze-Kiu has already tried two ABR tests before, did you really stop her from drinking anything for 6 hours before? When did she wake up after that? I'm worry about sedation very much....Is there any tips to prepare before?

Hi, loveyanpig,

Always "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst"....Hope your little will have a good result on the up-coming test!

I think the technician (doctor?) of the OAE test, the nurses and the ENT doctors at Queen Mary Hospital are all very nice and are always ready-to-reply your questions... The one who I met was Mr. Hui, he's very cheerful also..

Katmami

124#
發表於 05-5-16 03:13 |只看該作者

Hi all mom,

Thank you for your note. After resting for a few days.... my nose is still like an endless tap!        But have to go back to work on Monday as I took two days of sick leave already! Hope I can get better really soon!

子喬媽, u're correct, I am now living in US with my husband. So usually go on web "while you are sleeping"    Are u gals having a holiday on Monday in HK? I hope I have so many holidays here too!

The "四眼陳" u all mentioned is actually the audiologist in 東區, and he's responsible for testing babies (because the tests are more difficult when compared to testing adults). Well, he's not so bad.... it's just because all public hospitals have the "invisible rules" that audiological test results have to be explained to the patients/ parents by the ENT doctors. That's why he does not want to talk much....   That's also why I don't like the HK hospitals, they just separate the important councelling part from the tests.  

Loveyanpig,
Good job! Keep recording what Yan Yan can response to. However, three things again: 1. don't over-test her intentionally, try observing her "usual behaviours". 2. the responses should be using hearing only (if u are holding her and u are the one who's talking, that's not hearing only already) 3. should be repeatable. The list u record will be useful to counter-check with the hearing test results later.

Katmami,
The institutes that have "*" are those that probably have ASSR, which I don't think many have it for the time being, that's why I put a mark there. All the institutes on the list accept self-referral.
Dr. Hui in QM is really a very nice doc!  

稚言治語,
Kevin!!!!   Then u should ask him to avoid going to the "Szechuan" kitchen he likes! Last time he took my boss to dinner, who then developed stomach-ache the day before he boarded his plane back to US!      (Don't know if he knows it or not!   )
;-) How is your baby's hearing? Ask an audiologist! ;-)

125#
發表於 05-5-16 12:14 |只看該作者

其實我快搬去中西區, 係咪可以要求轉去瑪麗?
I love my little yanyan..... :-D 這是她的肥豬腳.......好好味呀...... :-o

126#
發表於 05-5-16 20:15 |只看該作者

Hi loveyanpig,
我唔sure呀,但搬屋應該係一個合理嘅原因要求轉醫院(我個人諗咋),不妨問吓啦。坦白講,東區都算OK,佢哋安排上都好快,可能喺個別醫護人士態度上令人可憎啫。      

Hi katmami,
子喬上幾次做ABR test,都無特別要求做之前唔好食嘢,但就一定要佢瞓着覺時做(好彩子喬都幾合作,on the way去醫院嘅時候已開始瞓)。嚟緊8月安排喺瑪麗再做ABR test,今次嗰醫生就有request。我諗住hold起一餐奶,等做完先比佢食,果朝唔好比佢瞓咁多,好似好殘忍,但都冇辦法 ,因為如果唔係,嗰test就唔成功架啦。多口問句,你BB喺瑪麗係當私家or政府睇,係唔係次次都係Dr Hui呀?(我上次都係睇佢,nice nice man       )

Hi Shiba-Inu,
   Take care呀,抖抖先啦,好番再上嚟BK傾過。

子喬媽上
子喬(兔仔B)

127#
發表於 05-5-16 20:42 |只看該作者

Shiba-Inu 寫道:
稚言治語,
Kevin!!!!   Then u should ask him to avoid going to the "Szechuan" kitchen he likes!

He is my best friend.  I don't know whether we have been in the Sichuan restaurant you mentioned.  In fact, he is not particularly fond of spicy food.  Anyway, I'll tell him then.  Btw, who is your boss (or which company)?  I am not sure whether he can figure out which one it is.
稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?

128#
發表於 05-5-16 20:43 |只看該作者

loveyanpig 寫道:
其實我快搬去中西區, 係咪可以要求轉去瑪麗?

應該可以,你不妨問一問。

129#
發表於 05-5-16 22:30 |只看該作者

子喬媽:

原來子喬只做左一次ABR test, 咁點解要咁快買耳機??
兩次ABR又隔左幾耐先做? THANKS!

yanyanma

130#
發表於 05-5-17 00:37 |只看該作者

Hi, Shiba-Inu,

Thanks anyway for your info...

Hi, Daisy,

Since I brough my baby to public clinic (Family Health Service) for first month vaccination, and did the OAE tests there (free of charge), then after they referred me to QM, they charged me only $100 for the ENT... But I'm not sure how much they will charge me for ABR test...   I've only visited the ENT at QM once and also not sure if it'll be Dr. Hui again..

katmami

131#
發表於 05-5-19 09:26 |只看該作者

Hi all mom   ,

How are u and your babies? For me, after battling with the cold for almost one week, I still have watery eyes and blocking nose....    I start to suspect that I might develop the very common allergy symptoms here in US.    I didn't have them last time when I was in HK! Anyway, I will go and see my doctor tomorrow to find out....

稚言治語,
"一個相當遙遠嘅星球﹗孤獨的人啊﹗"
u are lonely on Earth then?

"who is your boss (or which company)? I am not sure whether he can figure out which one it is."
Oh, definitely he has to know him very well, because my boss = his PhD supervisor!  

Katmami,
"I'm not sure how much they will charge me for ABR test."
Long long time ago, it was $43 per visit to the hospital audiological center. I don't know if it's increased or not.

Daisy,
It seems to be more than a month after your baby visited EMB, has she got her hearing aids yet?  

Loveyanpig,
Regarding your question to Daisy: once a baby is diagnosed to have significant hearing loss in both ears, he/ she should be fitted with hearing aids and starts the habilitation asap.

132#
發表於 05-5-20 00:33 |只看該作者

Shiba-Inu 寫道:

1.u are lonely on Earth then?

2.Oh, definitely he has to know him very well, because my boss = his PhD supervisor!  

1. 說來話長啦﹗唔知點解,我"硬"係覺得自己唔屬於呢個星球。我成日都唔明點解有啲人會咁咁咁,有啲人又咁咁咁。讀psychology張postgrad. dip嗰陣,最低分就係social psy(仲要係好低嗰隻),點讀都唔入腦,我完全推測唔到"常理"係點,一啲都記唔到,最後攞credit畢業真係執返身彩﹗有個朋友仲成日叫我返火星﹗

2. 嘩哈哈﹗咁呀﹗咁我就要講多啲佢啲衰嘢你聽啦﹗聽住啦:
佢靚仔有型就唔在講啦,個人仲聰明伶俐,做嘢又勤力又認真,又細心又謹慎...(等我print呢段出嚟勒索吓佢先﹗     )

133#
發表於 05-5-20 22:58 |只看該作者

Hi  Shiba-Inu,

My son finished the ABR test yesterday and he passed the test.  The audiologist(who helped us to arrange an earlier appointment ) was very kind.  She did the test with my son .    I don't know how to say thank you to her.  She told me that  my son passed the ABR test , so  we can ignore the result of the OAE test. Is it true? I just wonder why he will fail the OAE test ? Do you think that he need to do the OAE test again? Or take him to ENT doctor to check his ear?
     Also, she told us that the left ear of my son showed some delay response in some 波 , but it is still normal .  Is it right ?(Maybe I misunderstand her meaning because I just care about the word"pass")  I missed the chance to ask her more questions.  
    As a mother, I still worry about the ears of my son.  Sometimes , my son will not give any response when I speak loud.   

134#
發表於 05-5-21 10:33 |只看該作者

That's really goodddddddddd!! Congratulations!!

katmami

135#
發表於 05-5-21 13:09 |只看該作者

mdoip,

Congratulations!!!!!!!           
唔洗擔心啦!
希望我的yanyan遲d做ABRtest可以好似妳仔仔咁pass就好啦!!!!!        
再一次恭喜妳呀!!

yanyanma

136#
發表於 05-5-22 08:45 |只看該作者

Hi mdoip,

That's really a good news! We are all so happy for u and your son!     Let's clarify some of your doubts and u will be even happier!

"She told me that  my son passed the ABR test , so  we can ignore the result of the OAE test. Is it true? I just wonder why he will fail the OAE test ?"

I don't know what frequencies has the audiologist tested your son with in the ABR test, but in most of the case, YES! Passing ABR means that your son has normal hearing for both ears at the frequencies tested.

His failing in OAE in the MCH may due to many factors: e.g. skill of the nurse, setting of the equipment, or merely he is someone in the very small percent of the baby population that does not show strong OAE responses as most of the  babies do.

"Do you think that he need to do the OAE test again? Or take him to ENT doctor to check his ear? "

No and No. u don't need to go back to test OAE again, and ENT doctor can check his outer and middle ear, but not the whole hearing system.

"she told us that the left ear of my son showed some delay response in some 波 , but it is still normal . Is it right ?"

Yes, u got it right, if she said that it showed delay but still within normal range, it's NORMAL!  

"As a mother, I still worry about the ears of my son. Sometimes , my son will not give any response when I speak loud."

It's reasonable to still feel worry because u are scared by the OAE results. However, if u want to double-check his hearing status and your son is over 6 months, can sit on your lap for long time and can trace moving subjects visually, u can bring him to one of the private intitutes that I have emailed u. Ask for a "Behavior test", not ABR this time, and it does not need sedation. That test will demostrate to u actually how he responses to sound.

All in all, I think u got a reason to relief already!

137#
發表於 05-5-22 17:02 |只看該作者

Hi Shiba-Inu,

Thank you very much! I feel relax now ! Thank you again.  I wish all the best to you !

我經常記著一個留言 : 無論將來要做幾多測試 , 都不要氣餒 ! 雖然過程是十分痛苦 ! daisy , loveyanpig , katmami共勉之 !

reginang,

Thank you !

138#
發表於 05-5-22 23:26 |只看該作者

Hi mdoip,

令人興奮嘅消息,點慶祝先?      Anyway,唔好唔記得我哋呀,多啲上嚟呢邊forum支持吓呀!

子喬月底去攞耳機,希望可以幫到件事啦,到時再update大家。

loveyanpig,子喬so far做咗2次ABR test,每次都係唔同嘅部門做(東區醫院 & 下葵涌特殊教育),每refer去一個新部門,就會request做一次。帶耳機我諗係有实際需要,否則對BB嘅語言学習會有影响。

革命尚未成功,我哋繼續努力!

子喬(兔仔B)

139#
發表於 05-5-23 00:01 |只看該作者

mdoip
恭喜!!     
祝阿b身體健康,聰明伶俐 !!    

140#
發表於 05-5-23 14:39 |只看該作者

yanyan黎緊星期三見耳鼻喉醫生, 係咪之後再排期做ABR test? 大概要排幾耐? 我怕拖得愈耐, 對佢o既語言發展愈有影響!! 點先可以快d做test??   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖