用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 經過了接近一年的努力後,終於解決了言語發展遲緩的問題 ...
發新帖
查看: 3810|回覆: 17
go

[讀障] 經過了接近一年的努力後,終於解決了言語發展遲緩的問題! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-11-12 00:50 |只看該作者

經過了接近一年的努力後,終於解決了言語發展遲緩的問題!

My son could hardly say "a Pa Ma Ma" at his three years old birthday.  After almost one year's speech therapy and hard work, he can now catch up with the speech development of the average child.
Dear parents, do work hard and don't give up!

2#
發表於 05-11-12 00:56 |只看該作者

Re: 經過了接近一年的努力後,終於解決了言語發展遲緩的問題!

CONGRATULATIONS!  I 'll try my best.  Can you share your training experience?

3#
發表於 05-11-12 22:17 |只看該作者

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope I can also.

4#
發表於 05-11-13 16:10 |只看該作者

Dear Workingmom,

Could you share more about your experience?

Thanks a lot.

5#
發表於 05-11-13 22:50 |只看該作者

Congratulations!!!  Could you share with us your precious experience, and also has your son been diagnose anything when he's three?

6#
發表於 05-11-14 10:44 |只看該作者

Congratulations!!   

I also hope that our girl will be able to catch up soon.  She is now taking one more language.... that may stall her progress .... we hope the ST will tell us that she doesn't need need further training at her next assessment.

7#
發表於 05-11-15 23:00 |只看該作者

He just has speech delay.  However, because of his inability to communicate with others verbally.  He liked to beat others and has some bad temper.

Below are some of our actions/advice:
1. DailyDHA suplements (Eskimo Kids)
2. Weekly private speech therapist session
3. We have also tried a few lession of play therapy, but it's difficult to arrange.
4. The libray in Heep Hong is quite resourceful
5. Chinese VCD such as  點蟲蟲 is useful as recreation for the kid
6. If the parents have to go to work, try record some tapes and let the child listen to it during day time
7. A good speech therapist can help you a lot because he/she can really understand your situation and provide good suggestions to you.  It is sometimes difficult to ask for advice from someone that don't know anything about your specific situation.  We've come across an extremely bad speech therapist (working in pubic hospital).
8. Act fast and work hard, don't waste time.

8#
發表於 05-11-16 14:16 |只看該作者

我想問點蟲蟲vcd在那有得買呀, 我想買很久了, 或者請問是否協康都有得借呀, 我都覺得協康那的library service - very useful.

9#
發表於 05-11-16 14:31 |只看該作者

Dear workingmom,

I am really proud of you!! Congratulaitons !

Dear all,
   As for my son, 2.5 yrs old, he doesn't enjoy the speech therapy totally. The speech therapist of heep hong is good, but my son seems like has no interest, and always want to leave.

On the other hand, my phillipino maid's English is quite poor. I am very worried about this. I am not sure if I have to employ a new one. Yet, she treats my son very well, and her attitude is ok.  :cry:  :evil:  :-x  :evil:  :cry:      

10#
發表於 05-11-16 14:43 |只看該作者

有speech delay就吾好鬼再請bun啦, 一係搵個識講廣東話的bun

11#
發表於 05-11-16 14:56 |只看該作者

My child was found speech delay and she was taken care by our ex-Philippine maid since newborn.  Gradually, my ex-maid became very lazy at work and also lazy to communicate with my girl in daily life.  Now we employ the Indo-maid who speaks Cantonese everyday to my girl and she was found having good improvement on her speech and comprehension ability.

Language confusion will be found to some kinds of children and not all the children are capable to handle well in the bilingual world when they are small.  Don't worry about the use of English as my girl can also understand quite numbers of English vocabularies after employing the Indo-maid.  

To catch up the speech development is far more important than learning English for the sake of your kid.
那時我為得到這孩子祈禱,上主就賞賜了我所懇求的,所以我現在把他獻於上主,他一生是屬於上主的。(撒上:27-28)你教導孩童應行的道路,待他老年時也不會離棄。(箴22:6)

12#
發表於 05-11-17 22:36 |只看該作者

I bought 點蟲蟲vcd (old program by Harry Wong) in the Central Post Office (a shop in ground floor) but long duration of watching VCD is not be good for language development.  Try to keep that to a miniumum.  I think it's better than watching the TV programs.

The new 點蟲蟲 program is availabe in the eTV web site.

I totally agree with what gigi2 says.  Try to find a maid that's eager to teach your kid to speak and self-care.  Don't let your maid do everything for your kid.  If you don't have enouth time to teach your kid, you have to train up your maid to teach your kid.

13#
發表於 05-11-18 10:30 |只看該作者

Dear hinhinmummy, gigi2 & workingmom,

Thanks so much for your advise.

Actually, I am a full-time mom. At first, I thought the language ability of my maid will not affect too much for my son, as I can spend much time to teach him. However, it's not the case in reality.

I also spend time to teach my maid's English, and asked her not to do everything for my kid.

Yeah, one language policy would be much better for my son.

14#
發表於 05-11-18 12:11 |只看該作者

emami ,

We also adopt the one language policy and the results were very dramatic.  She increased her vocabulary explosively within several months and could structure simple 3/4 element sentences in less than 6 months.  Now after a year and 7 months, she can structure complicated sentences herself with a lot of conjunctions.  

So we decide to take her a step further and let her take on one more language this Sep.  She basically started from zero but the progress was fine.  The teachers understand her situation and were very helpful in refinforcing her to learn the new language.  One day, she counted from 1 to 10.  In 3 days, she counted from 1 to 30.  That's a real surprise for us.  We never taught her anything as we still adopt the one language policy at home.  So everything she learnt she got it from the school.

My whole point is take it step by step.  Once your kid has a better foundation of language and communication skills, you will find everything a lot easier as you know what he wants.  And then you can consult with the school and your ST how to take it forward from there.

15#
發表於 05-11-19 09:19 |只看該作者

Dear Just Just,

Thanks so much for your advise and sharing.

You are right! A better foundation of language and communication skills are of vital importance.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

BTW, your kids are very lovely & pretty? Are they "mix" ?   

16#
發表於 05-11-23 22:10 |只看該作者

Poor communication abilities will lead to emotional and behavioural problem.

17#
發表於 05-11-24 12:28 |只看該作者

This is absolutely true.
workingmom 寫道oor communication abilities will lead to emotional and behavioural problem.

We found it easier to teach and guide our girl once we can communicate with her easily.

18#
發表於 05-11-24 12:38 |只看該作者

emami,

That's why the services of STs are always required for children with different types of development delay.

Thank you for your compliment.  Yes our girls are mixed.  As such our elder daughter takes English as her first language and she has just started learning Chinese this school year.  We don't have high requirements and are impressed with her progress given that she started from scratch without much support.

There is no need to thank me.    I merely share my exeriences.  I also learn a lot from the others who share their experiences here.  Mutual support is very important for us to keep our heads up in the uphill battle.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題