教育王國 討論區 蘇浙小學(全日) 2010-11年小一
樓主: vanustat
go

2010-11年小一 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-10-15 13:18 |只看該作者
Hi, Wing,

Sorry, I am not good at Cantonese

Yes, I also found there are so many tests and dictations, Then, what we can do is try our best as much as possible to help them release the pressure from school and be understood in a warm family.

I think, as long as mother's love and acceptance is in his/her mind, he/she will have more courage to face the pressure from outside.

Have a nice weekend!
Kathy

原帖由 wingtam 於 10-10-12 11:01 發表
Hi Susanne, Kathy,

真係唔知有無wor,我估好depend個老師想唔想同D家長有交流lor...

真係好多測驗同Dictations,剩係E個禮拜都4樣...想死!(我!!!)

我個女係一個好好好好開心gee女!唔知咩叫壓力咩叫辛苦,咩叫丑....lun lun 盡 ...

22#
發表於 10-10-15 13:19 |只看該作者
Wah, really a good news, thanks for the info!

原帖由 cottongirl 於 10-10-12 13:47 發表
I think KCS is coming to have a picnic

23#
發表於 10-10-18 14:11 |只看該作者
Kathy & Wing

We should try to take it easy for test & dictations every week.  We still have few years for this.

Luckily, not too much homework.

Sometimes, i feel bored for them when I see their time table... two consecutives chinese, English lessons...  Of course, I don't let my son know my feeling.

Isaac feel sad to have Chinese dictations.  Me too. It is difficult for him to remember all words of few passages.

Let's chat more!

Susanne Liu

24#
發表於 10-10-29 12:16 |只看該作者
Hi, Susan and Wing,

Yes, I also agree there is not much homework, but really lots of tests & dictations.

Most important is, I think there is too little sports time at school, only two P.E lessons every week.

BTW, the weather is getting cold now, take care of yourselves and also the children.

Talk to you next time.

Kathy

原帖由 susanneliu 於 10-10-18 14:11 發表
Kathy & Wing

We should try to take it easy for test & dictations every week.  We still have few years for this.

Luckily, not too much homework.

Sometimes, i feel bored for them when I see their tim ...

25#
發表於 10-10-29 22:44 |只看該作者
Hi parents,
May I have your opinion that whether a kid of more interactive nature can adjust to the school well? At least, do u think the teachers can be flexible and accommodating enough to give room to such kid?
As I understand some traditional schools require kids to be well-behaved and attentive, while participation is not encouraged. How is the situation in KC?
pls share, thanks.

26#
發表於 10-10-30 09:31 |只看該作者
I also want to know too....

Aiyah, are your boy/girl come from kindergarten section?

27#
發表於 10-10-30 13:28 |只看該作者
No, not from its kinder section. That's why I would like to know more. The website said the school adopts interactive learning approach  for P1-6, but from what I know seems to be not. That's why would like to hear more from existing parents.
Indeed, there are not many discussions on this school in bk, things are that low profile.

28#
發表於 10-10-30 21:04 |只看該作者
Today, I approached a friend who is working as receptionist in the learning centre which my son is currently study english reading class.  She knew several KCS students. She said the school emphasis on tests and dictations so they will attend extra English lesson for revision after school, sometimes is for dictation. I'm thinking if my son is able to cope with such pressure. I'm asing for the syllabus, esp the English syllabus (like worksheet, book...etc) which the school will teach one year higher than normal standard.

Aiyah, do u think if your son/daughter could cope with their traditional learning environment? My son is very very talkative, and my friend told me those KCS students in her learning centre are very active and talkative. I think the school is ok for this kind of kids. Since my son comes from a normal standard school, ESP my son born on Dec 2005. His writing is not as good as other classmates. This is a main point that I am worrying too...

29#
發表於 10-10-31 21:46 |只看該作者
hi Almond, pls check PM.

原帖由 Almond. 於 10-10-30 21:04 發表
Today, I approached a friend who is working as receptionist in the learning centre which my son is currently study english reading class.  She knew several KCS students. She said the school emphasis o ...

30#
發表於 10-11-1 12:30 |只看該作者
Hi Almond, have problems assessing my PM... may i hv your reply again here? thx thx.

31#
發表於 10-11-1 13:00 |只看該作者
Hi Almond & Aiyah

My son is currently in P1. He was born in Nov 2004.  He studied K2-K3 in Kiangsu Kindergarten.  

Quite a lot of test & dictations in a week, at least 2 per week.  Needs to spend weekend on revision.  Not too many homeworks. The teachers are fine even his handwriting is not good.  The teachers still are patient with P1 new students.  

We try to make a habit to have revision every weekend.  My son is fine with p.2 English, not really difficult.

Thanks & BR

Susanne Liu
url=http://www.tickercentral.com][/url]

32#
發表於 10-11-1 14:09 |只看該作者
Dear Parents,

May I know

1. What is the medium of instruction for English and Maths lesson?

2. Any native teachers in the school?

Many thanks for your answers!

33#
發表於 10-11-1 17:00 |只看該作者
Thanks Susanne, for your info. Could u share more on the teaching approach? My son comes from an interactive environment, so I would like tosee if KC is one of the "straight-forward", traditional type?
Many thanks!

原帖由 susanneliu 於 10-11-1 13:00 發表
Hi Almond & Aiyah

My son is currently in P1. He was born in Nov 2004.  He studied K2-K3 in Kiangsu Kindergarten.  

Quite a lot of test & dictations in a week, at least 2 per week.  Needs to spend we ...

34#
發表於 10-11-1 21:56 |只看該作者
Hi aiyah, I re-post my PM here:

Hi Aiya,
I have some friends who graduated from KC's primary section. All of them has good academic result and with good career now. One of my colleague's husband graduated as doctorate degree and now is a professor in CityU. However, KC's academic level is high, and also very "traditional". Even they are old boys/girls and will not even apply for P1 this year/next year. However, they all said the PTH is very fluent even now, which only learnt from primary (and passed at least 20 yrs already)

I think the school did not emphasis on ECA. I have asked this qs during interview. The teacher said all student will learn 牧童笛and did not mention anymore.

For me, since I only have 15 marks, so I need school backup. KC allows parents to join central allocation (is it true?). I have posted this qs in BK but no one can answer it. I have no idea about no. of applicants. Up till now, I know a girl from my boy's school also got a seat. She is also a "small girl" born in Nov 05.  

Yup, KC's PTH environment attracts me too. I think this is the only school that works with PTH with successful record (for me).  But for me, the secondary 1 promotion result is one of the important factor to consider if we go for KC. Compare with Hennessy Road primary, the no. of seat to QC is 27 when compare with KC which only 1. My husband is hesitate if it worths for my son to have high study pressure in KC.

35#
發表於 10-11-1 23:24 |只看該作者
Almond,

I think basically same as yours. "Write in accordance to what you think", I believe the PTH environment can naturally enhance a kid's Chinese writing and PTH spoken abilities, that no other local schools can compare.

My only concern is whether my kid can cope with the pressure. Having said that, indeed many other gov't / subsidized primary schools are even more loaded with homework, heard in some schools there are 10+ items daily. Just wonder how is the attitude of teachers in KC to those kids who have not yet reached the standard.

36#
發表於 10-11-1 23:44 |只看該作者
It's so nice to have some sharing from existing P1 parents. Thanks Susanne

May I know besides English, other lessons are using PTH? The teacher told me the no. of new P1 students are basically occupy half class. They are able to catch up to use  mandarin within 3 months.

37#
發表於 10-11-1 23:51 |只看該作者
Yup, some govt/subsidize primary school also have 10+ homework to do everyday.
Although  some may not have so many homeworks, parents will give additional exercise for their kids to do

原帖由 aiyah 於 10-11-1 23:24 發表
Almond,

I think basically same as yours. "Write in accordance to what you think", I believe the PTH environment can naturally enhance a kid's Chinese writing and PTH spoken abilities, that no other l ...

38#
發表於 10-11-2 17:13 |只看該作者

回覆 2# Almond. 的文章

Hi,Almond,

我囝囝而家係蘇浙讀緊P1,佢地除左英文堂外,其餘所有科目都係用普通話的,我囝囝有同我講佢個班有一半來自校外生,但係老師都係一樣照講普通話的,不過你唔駛擔心,小朋友好快適應的.我囝囝係蘇小真係讀得好開心,雖然佢好多默書,測驗,但係囝囝好願意做,絕對無壓力.

39#
發表於 10-11-2 19:03 |只看該作者
Hi vanustat,
想問老師對小朋友的包容性有多大?可否大約講下每天有多少功課。老師對學生厳嗎?諝指教。

40#
發表於 10-11-3 09:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 Almond. 於 10-11-2 19:03 發表
Hi vanustat,
想問老師對小朋友的包容性有多大?可否大約講下每天有多少功課。老師對學生厳嗎?諝指教。

HI,

每班既老師都唔同,我囝囝呢班老師比較嚴厲,囝囝試過1次做錯事,就要比老師記名.不過囝囝又好中意佢,我有朋友既小朋友讀隔離班,佢地既老師又無咁嚴,所以好難講老師係點,不過總括來說既,老師都好好.至於功課方面,而家每天約4-5樣,因為佢地課後有功課班,大部份都會完成反來的,在家中只須溫習便.他們隔2-3天就會默書,跟住又會小測.這些都係好簡單的,都可以應付到.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖