發表於 04-12-14 22:31 |只看該作者

Re: Chatroom for St. Teresa's School Parents

Longman,

Please check PM. :  

43#
發表於 04-12-14 23:08 |只看該作者

Hi Longman,

I'm very willing to share as much as I know. I'm also a mother and I also learn from others' experience, so it is just a matter of give and take! Hence, you are always welcome.

I just took out my son's K2 school report. Yes, you are right. The teachers would give gradings, A to D, and D is fail. For conduct & discipline, they would give tick, circle or cross.

In fact, when my son was in K1, I didn't prepare him for the examinations. While for K2, I did some revision with my son following the scope provided by the teachers. Indeed, I just mainly asked him to redo the worksheets. The results for both terms were OK as he got "A"s except two with "A-"s in all main subjects and that in arts & crafts, he only got "B+"

Well, I would think (just by common sense) that the K2 results should be important if you are looking for private school or DSS. A good report may not help much because many children may also be holding a good report but an adverse report would definitely be harmful.

Yes, I've already confirmed a place in a private school for my son and would not stay in STS. However, I know some parents of my son's class choose to stay because STS is really a good school and they have confidence that the school's academic standard would not drop despite their children would be the last batch of students. They even think that the teacher to student ratio would be higher and as such their children would benefit from it.

Perhaps I'm writing too long...

Regards,
toffeeli

44#
發表於 04-12-15 13:56 |只看該作者

Hi toffeeli:

今天是你與愛朗結婚十三週年,恭喜恭喜!祝你地以後都咁恩恩愛愛 :wink:

試想下......他的情詩就咁被佢呃左你十三年喇,佢真抵...hehe (講笑咋,莫見怪 )

十三週年叫做 "花邊婚" 呀!

比個網址你睇睇 click here

hi smily:

I've received your PM and thanks for your sharing.

45#
發表於 04-12-15 19:43 |只看該作者

嘩! toffeeli!恭喜恭喜!

個女病左三日,由星期五開始半夜發燒、咳,好彩睇完医生食左藥好左好多,星期一都番到學,今次自己衰咳左成個禮拜最後傳染左個女。

宜家個女寫字好左好多啦!好快寫完(自己學識唔好要求太高),大家都開心D。
:  :  :

46#
發表於 04-12-15 21:44 |只看該作者

kamen:

我都係咁話,"唔好要求咁高;孩子自然寫得好"

祝你&女女快D好番晒過個快心又健康的聖誕!

47#
發表於 04-12-15 22:56 |只看該作者

Longman & kamen,

Thanks a lot!

In fact the first dating with my husband was more than 22 years ago la!! If I knew I would eventually marry him and have a baby with him at last, and if all these can rewind to the first date I met him, my son would have been 22 years old now!!! How wonderful! Then I can now "Un Un Feet" lah!

toffeeli

48#
發表於 04-12-15 23:26 |只看該作者

kamen,

Actually if a child can adapt the kindergarten life in the first term, it is already remarkable. Give her more encouragement and very soon you would see the result. Interest in learning is more important than anything.

Although today is my wedding anniversary, my topic with my husband was our son. We concluded that we made a good choice in selecting a kindergarten for our son (indeed we considered we were lucky that we got an offer from STS). In these three years, he actually polished a lot. We can see the change in him. Very often we may not see his effort.......but everyday he is learning and improving.....Thanks God for bringing us this tiny angel.

toffeeli

49#
發表於 04-12-16 12:51 |只看該作者

各位,
今天他帶香腸回校,每天他都唱(開暖鑪,吃火蝸),我想他開心極了.星期二的聯歡會,一定更開心.
shuen

50#
發表於 04-12-16 14:12 |只看該作者

Toffeeli,

It sounds great that you've known your hubby for more than 20 years.

How did you made your decision to let your son study in this kinder when other famous kinder such as St. Catherine & Kentville both admitted your son??  I think many mums is facing this situation now. Pls help us to resolve this issue.

Thks  

51#
發表於 04-12-16 16:58 |只看該作者

menmen,

Actually I think that choosing a school is a very personal decision. I said personal in the sense that we must judge based on our expectations, belief of what education should bring about, the amount of input parents (time & money etc.) are willing to provide and work together with the school, the character of the child etc.

In my case, I in fact also had a little struggle at that time. My struggle is not really which school but which system i.e. traditional school or international school. I did seriously discuss with my husband on this and we concluded at that time a traditional school at the kindergarten stage would perhaps be more suitable. Also, we believed that there would still be chances that we can change back if we are not satisfied with the traditional system.

So what was left was the choice of traditional type of school.  At that time we had a few choices. However, since you are talking about St Catherine & Kentville so perhaps I would share my views on these two.

Actually Kentville was in fact taken out of our list when we accompanied our son for the interview. My husband did not like the school (it was in fact a very personal feeling). He felt that the school was very commercial. Also, during the interview, our son was asked to use a plastic knife to cut some plastic fruits. My husband murmured in this heart "What is the purpose of this test? I won't even allow my son to touch a knife at this age. He is not suppose to know how to handle a knife?...."

St Catherine only offered pm class at that time.

Going back to STS, finally the school allowed us to change to am class (my mother insisted that am class is better for the body clock). Also, we rated STS highly because of many other factors:

1) it is a Catholic school.
2) definitely the school is not for profit making
3) it has a primary section
4) many positive comments from the friends I know including a very important comment that many famous primary/secondary school like to take the students from STS.

I must said that it is a very personal choice or perhaps I should say it is a choice of a family. Different family may have different factors to consider.

toffeeli

52#
發表於 04-12-16 20:03 |只看該作者

shuen,
係咪聖誔聯歡會,一定好開心呢 駛唔駛交換禮物架
[size=large]Honney的美食廣場<b><font size="medium"><font color="CC9933">Honney & Monogram 私房菜

53#
發表於 04-12-16 21:08 |只看該作者

我記得上年有交換禮物這個環節,所以今年我都準備左兩份禮物比女女去交換喇!

54#
發表於 04-12-16 21:41 |只看該作者

嘩..兩份?一份比老師?
[size=large]Honney的美食廣場<b><font size="medium"><font color="CC9933">Honney & Monogram 私房菜

55#
發表於 04-12-16 23:22 |只看該作者

各位:

好耐冇上黎喇......因冬天我會比較忙,因我要幫人織之冷衫,
今日難得有時間,所以都悉要上黎同大家傾下計...
大家最近好嗎 ? 幾時會出黎大家聚一聚呀?
真係好想同大家見下面,傾下計..........

56#
發表於 04-12-17 01:01 |只看該作者

Honney:

準備兩份禮物係因為我有兩個女都係讀STS咋,

57#
發表於 04-12-17 01:05 |只看該作者

yingkwanmami:

嘩....原來你可以勁到幫人織冷衫!早知識你就好喇,上年原本想幫女女織件長袖外套,點知果兩個手袖織左多次都唔合個"夾"位....最後我唯有將件長袖外套變左件背心比女女著返學咋 :

58#
發表於 04-12-17 09:00 |只看該作者

成日D話題都係講仔女,不如講

59#
發表於 04-12-17 12:20 |只看該作者

Longman,

原來如此

60#
發表於 04-12-17 12:23 |只看該作者

咁多位,

.其實小朋友佢地著咩色外套架返學,有冇規定要買邊d外套呢?唔係我可以織定比呀b明年返學著

Longman 寫道:
yingkwanmami:

嘩....原來你可以勁到幫人織冷衫!早知識你就好喇,上年原本想幫女女織件長袖外套,點知果兩個手袖織左多次都唔合個"夾"位....最後我唯有將件長袖外套變左件背心比女女著返學咋 :

‹ 上一主題|下一主題