教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD interview後記
樓主: didima
go

DBSPD interview後記 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-12-9 09:58 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD interview後記

civic,

Relax!The test for child was not difficult. I strongly believe that they had already in mind a list of child name for admission. As I noticed that most of the child came from some "famous" kindergarten, such as St. Catherine, Creative, Victoria... etc. The 2nd interview may be act as "formalities" for the parents only.     

醒目開學勳章

22#
發表於 04-12-9 10:37 |只看該作者

Hi lemonade_mh. My son is not attending any "famous" kindergarten. I'll let you know if your theory is correct.

23#
發表於 04-12-9 10:59 |只看該作者

我覺今次second interview d 安排有d欠皆,等得太耐了.不過唔明點解不在星期六面試呢. :roll

24#
發表於 04-12-9 12:49 |只看該作者

牛爸爸 寫道:
我覺今次second interview d 安排有d欠皆,等得太耐了.不過唔明點解不在星期六面試呢. :roll

This round is for interviewing the "parents".

The school wants to see if both parents are caring their boy enough to get dayoffs on  a weekday.

25#
發表於 04-12-9 14:09 |只看該作者

Lemonade,

Maybe you are correct. Actually we cannot control anything. Just bahave your best, this is my only task !

Maybe we can give out a list after the final result see if they really take children only from famous kinder. Right ?

KatieM1203 is right, they purpose to interview parents in this round.

26#
發表於 04-12-9 16:02 |只看該作者

Really don't know their criteria for interviewing the parents as parents are allowed only 1-min to talk.

Any ideas on why some boys and parents were asked in English, some others are in Cantonese?

In fact I also share with Lemonade that they already have a list of admittees in mind given the short interview time in this second round.

27#
發表於 04-12-10 09:20 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

28#
發表於 04-12-10 10:25 |只看該作者

The interview was mainly a test of patience.

Our scheduled interview time was 1 pm yesterday, we arrived at around 12:20pm, entered the interview room at around 3:30 pm, and my son left the room in less than 5 minutes.
The interview was conducted in Cantonese; there were 3 members on the interview panel - the Headteacher, a male subject teacher (Maths), and a female subject teacher.

29#
發表於 04-12-10 11:03 |只看該作者

大前晚去飲壽宴,同桌有個女人大談DBS選生制度,散席後我問主人家她是誰,回答是一位老師,不過並非在新小拔任教。原本聽過就算,不過看看你們的經驗又好似幾吻合,姑勿論是否真確,把她的意思說出來大家聽下。

去年新小拔第一年收生,設計出一套很週詳的制度,評選團中包括各層面的人(?),又有體能試,又有音樂試,結果勞民傷財,開學兩三個月後,發覺此方法並無選出最想要的學生,所以今年不再講求公開公平,在第一輪面試後,把表現及報名表中的分數(有認可性的獎狀,家底等)加起來,最優的排在最前,他們的機會最大,因為只要interview时一家人不是太差,基本上都已收了,排在最後的,除非interview時一家人都很出色,否則都是陪跑分子,重有校長老師看學生,個相好重要,因為乖學生叻學生係有樣睇的,唔係要靚仔,總之同相學上的差不多!

30#
發表於 04-12-10 11:13 |只看該作者

咁咪要看清楚,個仔的相(樣)是否和dbspd prospectus 內的小朋友差不多樣 ?

31#
發表於 04-12-10 11:56 |只看該作者

Hi! Bluestar:
Wish you good luck!
該用戶已被刪除

32#
發表於 04-12-10 11:57 |只看該作者

33#
發表於 04-12-10 12:29 |只看該作者

Dear Philip,

Please tell us which school you know would have an absolute open, fair and transparent selection process.  I am not aware.  The school should have the right to choose the students, otherwise, why should there be a selection process.  Ever since my kids entered the kindergarten, I have noted that it is the luck of each child to enter "a good school" (in quote cux everyone may have his own interpretation on "good").
Really not offensive, just not agree.

Nickmum
該用戶已被刪除

34#
發表於 04-12-10 14:11 |只看該作者

35#
發表於 04-12-10 15:31 |只看該作者

阿 philip 哥,

今年 6 月, 我仲有冇機會見到你?係人都知你個仔既獨特之處,鬧得咁揚,我邊有機會見到你?
該用戶已被刪除

36#
發表於 04-12-10 16:19 |只看該作者

37#
發表於 04-12-10 17:48 |只看該作者

Witten examination is fair for assessment of the book knowledge, or at most, logics etc. It can't reflect a boy's overall capability or characteristics.

DBS prefers boys with various interest/capabilities, more than just book work (on the other hand, is it fair to judge a 5-year old boy's capability by written examination?)

If DBS chooses boys with written examination, the parents of those boys with grade 5 piano, 4-style swimming etc will say: UNFAIR!

For parents of boy A, the fairest game is the game allowing boy A to enter DBS.

For parents of boy B, the fairest game is the game allowing boy B to enter DBS.

For parents of boy A & B, the fairest game is the game rules set by DBS.

[quote]
Philipwhau 寫道:

Really not offensive, just not agree.

Declare interest: I am not applying P.1 for DBSPD this year as my kid is already studying P.2 in other school.

Please be claiming down.  Whether you agree or disagree, I just spell out the real FACT only.  No other reasons!

In my opinion, the fairest game is by written examination like applying P. 2 to P.6.

38#
發表於 04-12-10 20:41 |只看該作者

我兒子昨天上午面試, 面試氣氛好嚴肅, 面試房有三個人, 面試時一言不發, 只有在旁的一位小姐指示, 嚇得我小兒有點害怕, 除校長外, 這兩位是誰? 須唔須要這麼不友善!請問你們面試時是否這樣呢?等面試時間又比夠長, 我怕小兒都是陪跑一族呀! 哈哈

39#
發表於 04-12-10 21:20 |只看該作者

我反而覺得他們只是對家長嚴肅,對小朋友就沒有這種感覺。因我們正離開課室時,我已聽到他們很親切地問我小朋友問題,氣氛相當友善。

醒目開學勳章

40#
發表於 04-12-10 21:42 |只看該作者

Boboboy,
唔係呀,兩位女仕都有笑容.係位男考官嚴肅D.

Phillip, I think
"arents and boys have every right to choose their esteemed school, (whether they get accepted or not is another story),  this esteemed school has the absolute right to select the right parents and boys suitable for the school's values (whether parents and boys want to go there, again is another story)." Someone gave up the privilege to study in some famous school according to another thread. The whole thing is recipricated.
Of course another key factor is supply and demand. If DBSPD has 1400 places for all of its applicants, everyone would be happy and no conspiracy theory would exist.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題