教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 BB聽力測試
樓主: DaisyWong
go

BB聽力測試 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-4-2 15:10 |只看該作者

Re: BB聽力測試

Hi DaisyWong,

Glad to know that u find the information helpful. And nowadays one can get a lot more info from the web than before.

1) per item 2 : 既然耳仔毛病可以有唔同病源,繼而有唔同治療方法,點解個醫生又唔再跟進呢?
--> As I have mentioned, your audiologist should have tried to eliminate outer and middle ear problems, which doctors can handle at this stage. If it's inner ear/ nerve problems, what they can do is limited now. What 子喬 needs now is on one hand, having further age-appropriate tests to better define his hearing loss; on the other hand, putting on hearing aids to help him hear better, and to see if he needs cochlear implant in the future. The two go hand in hand. I think this answers your second Q also.

到現在為止,我仍然未知bb究竟有乜事,同埋成因 (或者個成因巳經唔再重要)
--> correct, the cause is not the most important thing now, rather to work with clinicians and see how to help him. However, if u are suspecting genetic problems, u may try to ask for genetic counselling.

When will 子喬 have the EMB appointment? In HK, EMB is responsible to fit one free hearing aid to a hearing impaired kid. So that will be his first appointment to start "treatment"
;-) How is your baby's hearing? Ask an audiologist! ;-)

22#
發表於 05-4-2 15:36 |只看該作者

Hi bb2005hk,

三個月大時做測試(ABR),醫生說有1-2個音聽不到,曲線唔靚
--> ABR is the brainstem (sorry I don't type Chinese here, it's the lower part of the brain) response generated by activating the cochlea in the inner ear in the high-pitch region, not for low-pitch region. So it gives information on the former but not the latter. By saying "1-2個音聽不到", I GUESS he suspected high-pitch hearing loss but not low- and mid- pitches. But that needs further test to confirm.

And it's true that baby's response pattern (or the doc called 曲線 in your case) does not look as clear as that of adults' until after 18 months after birth, it needs careful interpretation. So repeating ABR by 6 months may just get the same result and same conclusion.

是不是測試成人有可能會有1-2個音聽不到
--> in that case, that adult is described to have hearing loss already, although the degree of loss may be mild or severe, the pitch may be high or low. And depend on all these and other factors, may or may not affect speech perception.

為什麼要1歲再測
--> at one year old, a kid should be able to undergo behaviour testings which give clinicians more information to define his/ her hearing, and see if he/ she needs hearing aids. However, some kids can do the tests at about 6 months old, and there are some other objective tests beside ABR. But I don't know if HK hospitals are offering them at that age or not.  

23#
發表於 05-4-2 16:15 |只看該作者

dear Daisy,
my friend recommended Dr. Cheng to u who also has a bit relationship with Suen Mei.  he is her family doctor and it's he who referred her daugther to Suen Mei.  u can find his whole name in Suen Mei's homepage.  maybe you can try him because as I think, even he has "bias" with Suen Mei, he has many experiences in facing different children with hearing problem and as a doctor, he should show professional ethics and won't be too "hard-sell".

Your family are always blessed.  Best Wishes!

24#
發表於 05-4-2 20:01 |只看該作者

Dear Shiba-Inu,

Let me translate this term (in case you didn't get it).  It is 腦幹 in Chinese.

Shiba-Inu 寫道:
ABR is the brainstem (sorry I don't type Chinese here, it's the lower part of the brain) response  
稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?

25#
發表於 05-4-9 01:23 |只看該作者

Hi Shiba-Inu,

多謝你的專業意見。
子喬安排咗嚟緊2星期去見兒科同EMB,希望可以盡快start個療情啦。
平時我哋會同子喬傾計同玩玩具,佢就眼仔碌碌,表情多多,好enjoy好明白咁,又唔似聽唔到無反應喎,有時我又會趁佢瞓着係佢耳邊拍手,佢有時又會成個人"澤一澤",或者係咁意郁吓手指仔。如果係咁,點解個test又話子喬聽力嚴重有事呢?

子喬媽上

子喬(兔仔B)

26#
發表於 05-4-9 01:33 |只看該作者

Hi reginang,

係呀我哋做媽媽嘅,BB有冇事都會100%錫BB呀。

你BB最近好似病咗喎(在forum read到),依家掂呀,好番未呀,依家天氣咁飄忽,記住小心d呀,保重保重。

子喬媽上

子喬(兔仔B)

27#
發表於 05-4-15 05:42 |只看該作者

Hi DaisyWong,

u are welcomed. I love to work with kids last time, they are just cute and it's nice to see them progress.

Kids can be really difficult to test for their hearing, and hearing impairment is sometimes termed a "hidden disability". Fortunately recent years we get advanced technologies like ABR which can detect problems earlier. The earlier we help the kids, the better will be the progress. However, ABR just gives the clinicians a gross idea of what the hearing is like, as 子喬 undergoes more testings as she grows up, her hearing status will unfold graduately.

(Last time I thought 子喬 is a boy, and she's actually a cute girl?)

The descriptions u mentioned are common in ALL kids, because human communication is not only through listening and talking, we still have our body languages. It's important that u still keep on talking to her right now, let her pick up as much cues as she can, but that does not necessarily mean she is picking up the speech sounds. Also, if u want to "observe" her hearing at home, u need to be very careful to take away many other cues. For example, she may just pick up the air vibration when u are clapping hands next to her.

If u don't mind, tell me how she's doing in pedi/ EMB appointment next time.   

28#
發表於 05-4-15 05:50 |只看該作者

Thanks 稚言治語,

I don't type Chinese now. Long long time ago I did, but as I don't use it, I lose it  

29#
發表於 05-4-15 13:19 |只看該作者

Dear Shiba-Inu,

It's my pleasure.

And I'm so glad that we finally have an audiologist here.  I know so little about that although the degree I got from HKU is B.Sc. in Speech and Hearing Sciences.  
稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?

30#
發表於 05-4-15 16:42 |只看該作者

子喬媽
sorry,之前冇睇到你的留言  

astha好返晒喇,不過就瘦左一個圈,食左成個幾禮拜藥呀....  

子喬就近好嗎,最近既天氣太過騎呢,大家要好好保重呵  

31#
發表於 05-4-16 00:28 |只看該作者

Hi Shiba-Inu,

子喬係女仔呀,不過好多時都比人話係仔仔,無所謂啦,最緊要大過似番個女仔就得啦。

子喬啱啱見完兒科醫生,下星期約咗去EMB,醫生話到時EMB會再做聽力測驗,繼而安排治療方法(eg. suggest帶耳機)。雖然個兒科醫生無乜實質嘢做到,但佢都好好咁解答我哋嘅疑問,因為我哋始終好懷疑子喬聽力嘅情度。

另外想問除咗EMB,如果想揾私人再做listening tests再reconfirm,有冇渠道?同埋有冇咁嘅需要呢?

Thx.
Daisy

子喬(兔仔B)

32#
發表於 05-4-16 00:41 |只看該作者

Hi Reginang,

好開心係度又見到你。
子喬下星期去見特殊教育,又緊張又期待,希望可以盡快start個治療啦。
你BB好番就好啦,你都要小心身體呀,keep in touch呀!

子喬媽上

子喬(兔仔B)

33#
發表於 05-4-16 03:18 |只看該作者

Hi Daisy,

Good that u found a reliable pediatrian to talk to. Counceling is really a very important part of a clinical visit!

DaisyWong 寫道:
另外想問除咗EMB,如果想揾私人再做listening tests再reconfirm,有冇渠道?同埋有冇咁嘅需要呢?

It depends on how comfortable u and your family working together with EMB (and the hospital, when will it see 子喬 again? ) There is one thing that's always true (and universal): the gov't service will be there, but it will never give u the best u expected.  

If 子喬 is having her EMB appt next week, maybe u want to go there and decide afterwards... I can pm u some info on private HK audiologists if needed by then.

34#
發表於 05-4-16 03:30 |只看該作者

Hi 稚言治語,

Nice to meet u here too, I guess we have met in some occasions or the others while I was studying/ working in HK.

Audiologists usually just pop up when parents notice really obvious hearing or ear problems. For others, there maybe no such problem (90% of the time, so parents don't know much about us), the problems maybe just mild, or the worst case "hidden".  

35#
發表於 05-4-17 10:03 |只看該作者

hi daisy,
glad to know that the situation seems become smoother now   , i agree with shiba-inu that the government will provide service for the need but not the best one (in all fields).  u always have the right to choose & ask, we always support u. best wishes for "chi kiu" (sorry that my chinese input is "short" & only english can be typed)

36#
發表於 05-4-21 00:38 |只看該作者

Hi BK mama,

子喬昨天去了特殊教育中心做了聽力測驗,有了一個較確實的結論(比之前ABR Test),因之前ABR的Result 是 "not better than loss hearing", 所以我夫婦倆人很擔心,現在聽力師經過Test 以後, 有下列結果及安排:

1)很大程度是神經性問題 (即耳蝸或以後);
2)並非完全失聰,只是對高頻率聲音沒反應,對低頻率聲音(如鼓聲,拍掌)有反應(但頻率的高低range有待reconfirm);
3)要配帶助聽器,以及要参加語言治療訓練和keep check 進度,如進度良好,有例子是入小學前可正常聽講,反之有可能要植入人工耳機(蝸)
4)ENT 及兒科跟進,轉介讀學師跟進語言訓練。

感謝下葵涌特殊教育中心聽力師-何先生、陳太的細心解釋,使我們對聽力問題有更多認識。

子喬媽媽

PS. 有DD問題希望可以請教:

to Shiba-Inu:其實此類神經性問題是否常見,以及嚴重性會有多大,有否此類資料可提供參考?又:人工耳蝸手術費用若干?

to 稚言治語 :語言訓練有關資料可否提供?家長在屋企可以做些什麽協助?

to Nail : 請問你朋友的女兒之前/現在有否要帶助聽器?

感激!!感激!!
子喬(兔仔B)

37#
發表於 05-4-21 00:45 |只看該作者

子喬媽媽
那現在你們終於有幅比較清楚的圖像,對未來的路可一步步安排,希望子喬會得到適當的治療,繼續努力  

38#
發表於 05-4-21 00:58 |只看該作者

hi reginang,

咦!セ你咁夜仲on-line呀?你BB瞓咗啦?

子喬今日打完針,有少少燒,所以今晚要額外留意。

多謝你的支持,我哋一齊為BB打氣,努力加油。BK媽咪萬歲!!!!!

子喬(兔仔B)

39#
發表於 05-4-21 09:51 |只看該作者

Hi 子喬媽媽,

So glad to hear that 子喬 got a good start at EMB!    

其實此類神經性問題是否常見,以及嚴重性會有多大,有否此類資料可提供參考?

神經性失聰 = sensorineural hearing loss I mentioned in previous message. Its incidence rate at birth is about 2-3 in 10000 newborns in developed countries. Although it's not common in newborns, it's a very common (and easily overlooking) problem in the elderly. It's a permanent problem and no medical "cure" for the time being.

嚴重性會有多大 - do u refer to its relationship to baby's health in general? Or other aspects? For the former, if the hearing loss is not a sudden one (ie. hearing first, then lose it), and u and your doctors do not have other suspicions (e.g. tumour, trauma etc...reasons not common in babies ) , the medical problem should only be that of the hearing system.
For other aspects, if babies are not detected and intervented properly in an early age (before 3 the max), their educational, social, emotional development will all be affected.

That's why I said 子喬 has a good start: she was detected early, intervented early and gets supportive parents!

人工耳蝸手術費用若干?

US$ 3 to 40000 as done in HK (including the surgery, device and rehab). Three public hospitals in HK get funding to do it, so parents just need to pay for a small portion.

...轉介讀學師跟進語言訓練...

讀學師    Do u mean inspectors (督學) in EMB?  

40#
發表於 05-4-21 10:05 |只看該作者

子喬 is growing bigger and prettier, lots of hair. I will not mistaken "her" as "him" anymore!      
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖