搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 澳洲讀醫/牙科
樓主: chlemon
go

[澳紐] 澳洲讀醫/牙科   [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 23-6-3 20:38 |只看該作者
Dr_Tsuii 發表於 23-4-7 01:04
depends on which uni, which state and which countryalso if youre studying as an international studen ...
請問:非澳洲citizen,現在澳洲讀year11, 考IB,想報澳洲的medic,只不是只有三間大學有得考慮?是不是通常IB42以上才有offer?要考ISAT嗎?應該幾時準備?
感謝

82#
發表於 23-6-3 20:38 |只看該作者
BBChiuChiu 發表於 23-6-3 20:33
想請問澳洲不是一月開學嗎?Year 12 5月時已經考完IB,即是只得1年半準備?

我阿仔在香港讀IB, 不是在澳洲

點評

BBChiuChiu    發表於 23-6-3 20:40

83#
發表於 23-6-3 20:40 |只看該作者
回覆 Activehealth 的帖子

Thank you

84#
發表於 23-6-4 13:24 |只看該作者
回覆 BBChiuChiu 的帖子

The IB exam schedule for AU is different from that applicable to HK

85#
發表於 23-6-14 13:27 |只看該作者
Dr_Tsuii 發表於 23-4-18 21:03
if you do QS ranking by subject. medicine is pretty good in auseven though a lot of HKers 崇英, Aus  ...
想請問,如果香港讀完醫科,去澳洲做醫生。有咩試要再考?

86#
發表於 23-7-29 11:37 |只看該作者
回覆 truthmr99 的帖子

hi there, sorry for the late reply. i think i may have to leave my personal contact at some point, feel free to pm me for that1. ISAT, you can sit it at any time I think, there are a few seasons of it. i originally aimed for hku mbbs, but I failed Chinese, so I took isat at around july I think
A HUGE BUT don't do that. i was lucky because monash has several rounds of offers and i submitted mine very late hahaha, please do that asap, i recommend even before jupas result is released.

2. Did you need to submit application for Monash before DSE exam or can wait until DSE is done?
as mentioned, you can do after jupas release

3. When was you interviewed after you sit for ISAT? Is the admission based on rolling basis?
my interview was on 29 nov
kinda like rolling basis, but I'm not sure

4. Will Monash accept more graduate entry students than direct admission.
no, grad entry is WAY more tougher than undergrad
only 10% of monash biomed can enter postgrad med
i think there is only 10 international postgrad seats and 70 international undergrad seats

87#
發表於 23-7-30 17:10 |只看該作者
回覆 Dr_Tsuii 的帖子

Were you taking gap year after DSE or you entered year one of another undergrad. course while waiting for interview in Nov from Monash?
worried my son cannot meet CO of HKU MBBS, he took IAL & is waiting for result.

88#
發表於 23-8-1 22:39 |只看該作者
Dr_Tsuii 發表於 23-7-29 11:37
回覆 truthmr99 的帖子

hi there, sorry for the late reply. i think i may have to leave my personal c ...

Dr Tsui, thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Great to hear from you finally.

1.  Just to confirm that international students should take ISAT instead of UCAT?  What's the required ISAT to be screened in for interview?

2. For your case did you start Uni locally for 1st sem while you were waiting for Monash offer?

3. What was your back up plan then?

89#
發表於 23-8-2 18:08 |只看該作者
回覆 vcheng58 的帖子

no i only took a half year gap. (as southern hemisphere is different you know)april dse -> july jupas release -> oct isat -> nov interview -> dec monash accepted -> feb/march year 1
just a kind reminder, monash undergrad DOES NOT allow candidates who has done ANY tertiary education (asso included) after secondary school.
So within the half-year gap, if you were to be a part of an asso degree, a bach degree, or anything, you are disqualified for the undergrad pathway, and you MUST apply through the post-grad pathway.
Even if you did not finish the degree, once you entered ANY degree, you are not eligible for any undergrad pathway. (on paper, but people do it anyway and you just have to hide it, dont put it on social media)

a few years ago. one of my undergrad seniors was kicked out of med school after being found out that they did half year physio prior to medicine in their home country. so don't do that

90#
發表於 23-8-2 18:10 |只看該作者
回覆 truthmr99 的帖子

1.  Just to confirm that international students should take ISAT instead of UCAT?  What's the required ISAT to be screened in for interview?
if youre applying for monash, yes, ISAT, the I stands for international

2. For your case did you start Uni locally for 1st sem while you were waiting for Monash offer?
as explained from the above comment, just dont do that publicly. i personally took a half year break because of stress

3. What was your back up plan then?
unsw, melb uni.
in fact, melb uni bio med accepted me already. and i just have to wait for monash's reply
unsw med accepted me as well but the internship aspect did not appeal to me.

91#
發表於 23-8-3 09:23 |只看該作者
回覆 Dr_Tsuii 的帖子

Thanks so much for your reply.
How about UNSW? Does UNSW allow any tertiary education after secondary school?
So you didn't apply any UK Uni, right? If take a half year gap & not being accepted by Monash/ UNSW, will have the risk of no Uni. allocation (not interested in other Australia Uni course)
Sorry to have so many questions......

92#
發表於 23-8-3 15:30 |只看該作者
回覆 vcheng58 的帖子

How about UNSW? Does UNSW allow any tertiary education after secondary school?I am not sure, I would assume so as well. but don't quote me

So you didn't apply any UK Uni, right?
i think any decent med school in UK requires you to apply 1 year ahead. so WAY before you take DSE. at least this is what I saw in 2019. I may not be up to date to any UK related news.

If take a half year gap & not being accepted by Monash/ UNSW, will have the risk of no Uni. allocation (not interested in other Australia Uni course)
it is fine to take a gap year. it's just that we as Asians are taught that gap years are bad and make us look less competitive on our CVs. in aus, a lot of locals take a gap year whenever they feel like it, and it is totally normal and fine. it is not a sign of failure, but rather a time for self-development.

93#
發表於 23-10-26 23:50 |只看該作者
Dr_Tsuii 發表於 23-8-3 15:30
回覆 vcheng58 的帖子

How about UNSW? Does UNSW allow any tertiary education after secondary school? ...
如果 Jan/2025入學,幾時要開始著手準備報名事宜?

94#
發表於 23-11-9 15:26 |只看該作者
回覆 happyfamilybaby 的帖子

"如果 Jan/2025入學,幾時要開始著手準備報名事宜?"please read the admission info of each uni
here is monash's attached
https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/3280518/2024-Monash-MD-INT.pdf

for me, i started preparing in july after dse result released. but from what ive heard from my colleagues, some of them started all the way back in april. i would recommend starting earlier for more room to breathe.

95#
發表於 23-11-10 00:03 |只看該作者
Dr_Tsuii 發表於 23-3-25 13:16
回覆 happyfamilybaby 的帖子

有無後悔簡咗醫科? 無呀,passion嚟嘅你係citizen嗎?唔係,不過工作2年之 ...

Hi Dr_Tsuii,

想問下澳洲(國際生)醫科難入d,定係牙醫難入d?

2者要求的成績,醫科還是牙科要求高?

謝謝

96#
發表於 23-11-12 20:21 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Dr_Tsuii 於 23-11-12 20:22 編輯

回覆 Augesttime 的帖子

depends on uni. honestly, i think this boils down to what you want to be in the future. there is no point in getting a well-esteemed job without passion/ actually enjoying it. HKU's dentistry was (unclear currently) the best dentistry course in the world, and personally, i would not aim for dentistry elsewhere in the world.
if you are looking for good money, aim for dentistry. med is more for passion, not money lol. so if your passion is in bodily medicine, you should do med.
medicine has a longer pathway and you get to decide later as you advance your training around PGY2. (and we have an array of flavours, like med, surg, psych, paeds, geris .etc)
an anecdote from one of my relatives is that being a dentist feels like your knowledge is limited to the head and neck only and you know nothing below the c spine.
a counterargument of that is as you advance in med, you will get more and more specialized and will forget other parts of the body as well (unless you want to be a GP)

re: scores, please google and check each individual admission criteria
ask an agent, most agencies provide free consult

97#
發表於 23-11-13 08:40 |只看該作者
Dr_Tsuii 發表於 23-11-12 20:21
回覆 Augesttime 的帖子

depends on uni. honestly, i think this boils down to what you want to be in  ...

本帖最後由 Augesttime 於 23-11-13 08:47 編輯

當然知hku dentistry好好,但讀非dse就超級難入。牙醫係家中孩子想讀的一科,就只好諗諗除了hku,還有那處可以完夢。孩子更想走學院/研究路線(看看有無能力)而唔係諗開舖搵錢的牙醫。

家中大孩子正在讀hku mbbs,所以細孩子對讀醫也有個想法和了解,2者間還是希望讀牙科。相信佢係有passion而非向錢看。

謝謝你的分享。我網上查過很多有關key words但講澳洲牙科的確比澳洲醫科的少很多。甚至我emailed過當地4間undergrad dentistry schools。佢地都係答我either 需要isat或ucat-anz,令我都好混淆,唔知考邊款可以“幾間通用”。

98#
發表於 23-11-15 20:57 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Dr_Tsuii 於 23-11-15 20:58 編輯

回覆 Augesttime 的帖子

if your concern is about searching for a widely accepted test, I would suggest asking an academic agency for help. this is beyond my scope as this is about admission policy and I could only share my insight from a ex-medical student point of view. i am not sure about dentistry, but as an international student applying for undergrad medicine, generally, ISAT is preferred
btw, when you enquired these dental schools, did you specify that your child is taking an international spot of the undergrad cohort?

all the best

99#
發表於 24-1-17 23:17 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Katleong 於 24-1-17 23:18 編輯

回覆 chlemon 的帖子

本人大女兒在UNSW medical school 讀緊,這兩個月summer holidays 在兩間唔同既醫院實習,2月就會升讀year 6。二仔在 USYD 讀牙醫,2月將升讀year 2。
細仔將在2月份在USYD讀 Physio (其實細仔早前都有2間醫學院和USYD既dental收咗,但細仔係運動員,以前校隊成日受傷睇物理治療,所以對物理治療有更大興趣,經詳細考慮後最後都係揀USYD既Physio)
(女兒當年都有考英國medical school, 但詳細分析兩個既醫療制度和實習安排,加上天氣和生活環境,最後決定在澳洲升學,她在澳洲生活了五年,非常適應,疫情幾年無返過嚟,留在澳洲,雖然讀醫真係好辛苦,但佢話支援好多,佢話感恩揀咗嚟澳洲)

100#
發表於 24-1-19 10:55 |只看該作者
Katleong 發表於 24-1-17 23:17
回覆 chlemon 的帖子

本人大女兒在UNSW medical school 讀緊,這兩個月summer holidays 在兩間唔同既醫院 ...
一門三傑,好叻!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊