教育王國

標題: 有關SPCCPS的問題? [打印本頁]

作者: TaoTaoMa    時間: 09-4-14 23:50     標題: 有關SPCCPS的問題?

小兒將在本年九月入學SPCCPS,現想請教以下問題:
謝謝!
作者: LuGi    時間: 09-4-15 08:47     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Me too! I also want to know. Could anyone help? Many thanks!
作者: mow-mow    時間: 09-4-15 10:19

There are no enforced rules regarding extra-curricular activities - kids can pick & choose as they please.
In order to join the choir & orchestra one will have to go through selection process.
As for parents, there are many opportunities to help out in various capacities, some regular events (eg morning reading sessions) & some one-off (helpers on school tours) - but again, no enforced rules regarding participation.

原帖由 TaoTaoMa 於 09-4-14 23:50 發表
小兒將在本年九月入學SPCCPS,現想請教以下問題:

學校的一體一藝是否自行選擇?一藝是否不包括鋼琴?Choir是否由學校選出?除學費外,每月雜費多少?父母是否時常要協助學校舉辦活動,性質如何?謝謝! ...

作者: TaoTaoMa    時間: 09-4-15 21:55     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Thanks for your info!!
作者: LuGi    時間: 09-4-16 08:52

many thanks!
作者: skateboardp    時間: 09-6-6 23:51

多謝分享!

我都想知,每月除學費外,其他雜費大約要多少? 如校車(由灣仔區上車),午膳等...

書簿費,校服又要多少?
作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-8 11:38

Monthly fee roughly as follows:

1. School fee $6K (10 mth pa)
2. School bus around $5xx ~ $1xxx (10.5mth pa)
3. Lunch $16.5 per meal
4. PTA $100
5. Text Books $1,5xx p.a.
6. Eng readers $3xx
7. Uniform - around $26x for boys and $28x for girls (1 set of summer and 1 set of PE uniform)

Optional ECA
1. Swimming  $900/8 lessons
2. Ping-pong $1,600/10 lessons (1:2) or $900/10 lessons (1:4)
3. Musical instruments (string/blow/percussion) around $2xxx to $5xxx per term (20 lesson for 1st term and 18 lesson for 2nd term)

Free ECA - 2 activities per term.

原帖由 skateboardp 於 09-6-6 23:51 發表
多謝分享!

我都想知,每月除學費外,其他雜費大約要多少? 如校車(由灣仔區上車),午膳等...

書簿費,校服又要多少?

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-6-8 11:45 編輯 ]
作者: Chess    時間: 09-6-8 13:35

Hi Kitty

What ECAs are free?

Besides, how are the P1 students arranged into classes? According to Group A or B, etc?

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-6-8 11:38 發表
Monthly fee roughly as follows:

1. School fee $6K (10 mth pa)
2. School bus around $5xx ~ $1xxx (10.5mth pa)
3. Lunch $16.5 per meal
4. PTA $100
5. Text Books $1,5xx p.a.
6. Eng readers $3xx
7. Un ...

作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-8 14:00

Quite a lot.

I presume your kid is going to P1.

P1 choices: drama, dancing, gymnastic, chinese ink painting, paper folding, little scientist, computer, superkids, MI, martial art, Rugby etc

More choices available for upper grades.

原帖由 Chess 於 09-6-8 13:35 發表
Hi Kitty

What ECAs are free?

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-6-11 08:36 編輯 ]
作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-8 14:00

I think the class arragement is random.

btw, students will be re-arranged to diff class when they get promoted to upper forms so that they can know and make friends with diff students.

原帖由 Chess 於 09-6-8 13:35 發表
Besides, how are the P1 students arranged into classes? According to Group A or B, etc?

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-6-8 14:07 編輯 ]
作者: Chess    時間: 09-6-8 14:21

Kitty,

Just one more question. Yes, my son is a to-be P1 student. I have enrolled a maths course for him which is a continuing course and can end up with  courses at AP and universitiy levels.   

As the course is continuing and long lasting, it is also expensive.

Given your experiences, is it necessary to take maths course outside? Is it common for parents of SPCCPS to let their children take extra academic courses or have private tuition?

Many thanks.

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-6-8 14:00 發表
Quite a lot.

I presume your kid is going to P1.

P1 choices: drama, dancing, gymnastic, chinese ink painting, paper folding, little scientist, computer, superkids, MI, martial art, Rugby etc

More ch ...

作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-8 14:54

It really depends.

I think the math course you mentioned is an EXTRA course that totally diff from school curriculum.

If your kid has time and interest to take this, I think it's no harm to go ahead with this to develop his talent.

For myself, I do not arrange private tuition for my kid as he can handle the school homework and assessment well.

I can say that the school is quite emphasize on student's math ability. Besides 3 regular assessments in each term, there are also 2 math competition in between. Hence total 10 times of math assessment in a year.

原帖由 Chess 於 09-6-8 14:21 發表
Kitty,

Just one more question. Yes, my son is a to-be P1 student. I have enrolled a maths course for him which is a continuing course and can end up with  courses at AP and universitiy levels.   

As ...

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-6-8 14:57 編輯 ]
作者: Chess    時間: 09-6-8 16:47

Thanks a lot.

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-6-8 14:54 發表
It really depends.

I think the math course you mentioned is an EXTRA course that totally diff from school curriculum.

If your kid has time and interest to take this, I think it's no harm to go ahead ...

作者: boomum    時間: 09-6-8 21:34

Regarding the Math, knowing that is should be mainly taught in Chinese, but will there be any eng supplementary worksheet to do as well?
作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-8 22:40

As you know it's a chinese primary school and Cantonese is the medium of insturction, why do you still want eng supplementary worksheet?

原帖由 boomum 於 09-6-8 21:34 發表
Regarding the Math, knowing that is should be mainly taught in Chinese, but will there be any eng supplementary worksheet to do as well?

作者: boomum    時間: 09-6-9 10:41

as math would be taught in english in p6, some english math worksheet would smooth out the transition, in my opinion.
作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-9 11:01

OIC. Is your kid going to join the school in P5 so that you have this worry?

原帖由 boomum 於 09-6-9 10:41 發表
as math would be taught in english in p6, some english math worksheet would smooth out the transition, in my opinion.

作者: boomum    時間: 09-6-9 12:55

nope, actually my son is going to study in P1 in this sep. i'm just worrying his english standard as i can see his english being deteriorated after 3 years pf local kindergarten training. but anyway thanks for your detail answer in this forum, they r very informative and useful.
作者: megabee    時間: 09-6-9 14:11

What? 10 times of Maths assessment in a year?

Mind asking if the students have a lot of homework or tests or exams to do?

Understand that SPCCPS is a traditional school while on the other hand it's also a DSS. I really thought they're not going to put too much pressure on the students. Have I got it wrong?

Thank you so much for your info in my other thread, Kittylock.

megabee
作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-9 14:55

The homework load is acceptable and not as much as you think.

Actually I find there's sometimes too "little" homework to do at home as kids can usually finish most of the HW in 導修堂.

Re: frequent math assessment, I think it would be quite painful if the kid is esp weak in Math..... but on the other hand, it would help the student to revise and practise more so as to strengthen the ability.

btw, I find the students of SPCCPS are quite happy in school. You cannot see pressure from their smiling faces.

原帖由 megabee 於 09-6-9 14:11 發表
What? 10 times of Maths assessment in a year?

Mind asking if the students have a lot of homework or tests or exams to do?

Understand that SPCCPS is a traditional school while on the other hand it' ...

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-6-11 08:11 編輯 ]
作者: megabee    時間: 09-6-9 16:33

Hi Kittylock,

Am grateful for your advices. Please excuse me for asking a few more.....

Do you really think that kids in SPCCPS are vainglorious? Or may be I should put it in this way.....Knowing that many of the parents are celebrities, and of course they're the blue blood in the city, do you see any tendency in the students to compete in material comforts? Have you seen any parents being boastful and arrogant?

Frankly, I concern more about the values the students are to be inherited.

megabee
作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-9 17:36

Whether the kids are vainglorious and materialistic or not, I believe it mostly depends on how do their PARENTS behave.

Under the school motto of "Faith, Hope & Love", students are taught to be humble and polite. Monies, mobile phones and other valuable items are not allowed to bring back to school. I give full trust to both the school and teachers in providing a moral and ethical grounds to nourish the students with good manners.

Regarding the attitude of other parents, as I'm a working mum, I have little chance to deal with them in depth. But most of the parents whom I've met are very nice and helpful and easy to get along with.

Hope my comments can do little help to ease your worries.

原帖由 megabee 於 09-6-9 16:33 發表
Hi Kittylock,

Am grateful for your advices. Please excuse me for asking a few more.....

Do you really think that kids in SPCCPS are vainglorious? Or may be I should put it in this way.....Knowing th ...

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-6-10 15:23 編輯 ]
作者: Gloria0912    時間: 09-6-10 09:55

唔好意思, 想問一下你地現在正就讀的學生, 功課方面會唔會很多呢, 會否要在出面補習得很緊要呢, 家長要唔要跟得好緊又或是很輕鬆都可以呢..真的不好意思
作者: megabee    時間: 09-6-11 13:58

Hi Kittylock,

Just heard from others that the principal prefers kids with full-time moms. Is that true?

Thanks,
Megabee
作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-11 14:14

Really?!

Then I'm sure I won't be the so-called PREFERRED PARENT. Hahaaa!!

原帖由 megabee 於 09-6-11 13:58 發表
Hi Kittylock,

Just heard from others that the principal prefers kids with full-time moms. Is that true?

Thanks,
Megabee

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-6-11 14:59 編輯 ]
作者: Chess    時間: 09-6-12 17:48

Hi Kittylock

As Chinese language is the medium of teaching for most subjects in SPCCPS, do you think it is necessary for students to have extra oral classes delivered by native speakers? Does the school provide such classes as ECA?

Besides, what English reading series do you recommend to P1 students?

Kindly advise.
作者: kittylock    時間: 09-6-13 00:26

I cannot see there is a need to know EVERYTHING in details in advance.

I know some of you may have worries esp when the kid is going for P1. However, it's also a good chance to explore and sort out all the unknowns and face the challenge with your kids together.

I can only say that any kind of NEED just all depends and there is no model answer. Each kid has his/her own strengths and weaknesses. One suits my son best doesn't mean it also suits others.

My advice is : Take it easy!

原帖由 Chess 於 09-6-12 17:48 發表
Hi Kittylock

As Chinese language is the medium of teaching for most subjects in SPCCPS, do you think it is necessary for students to have extra oral classes delivered by native speakers? Does the sch ...

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-6-13 12:46 編輯 ]
作者: Chess    時間: 09-6-13 22:32

Yes, indeed!  Thanks Kitty.

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-6-13 00:26 發表
I cannot see there is a need to know EVERYTHING in details in advance.

I know some of you may have worries esp when the kid is going for P1. However, it's also a good chance to explore and sort out a ...

作者: CSW    時間: 09-6-13 22:41

I am really looking forward to the P.1 parents day in summer, want to learn more about the school asap.
作者: Chess    時間: 09-6-13 22:48

Hi CSW, so do I.  I heard that the details will be sent to us by the end of June.

原帖由 CSW 於 09-6-13 22:41 發表
I am really looking forward to the P.1 parents day in summer, want to learn more about the school asap.

作者: Chess    時間: 09-6-17 12:34

Hi parents,

Does the school provide lockers to P1 students for putting their books and belongings?
作者: LuGi    時間: 09-6-18 16:11

Phoned to school on 13 Jun 09, the staff told me that the P1 admission materials will be posted by the end of this week...
作者: elizatyy    時間: 09-6-21 22:58

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-6-9 17:36 發表
Whether the kids are vainglorious and materialistic or not, I believe it mostly depends on how do their PARENTS behave.

Under the school motto of "Faith, Hope & Love", students are taught to be humbl ...

Glad to hear that.
作者: CSW    時間: 09-7-2 01:39

I haven't received any info from school until today. How about the others?
作者: CSW    時間: 09-7-2 10:56

剛才打去學校問, 書記說還未確定會在今星期還是下星期才寄出學校資料...
她說若學生有地址資料的更改, 需要以書面通知學校, 可FAX去. 上面要有學生的中英文姓名, 身份証NO. , 註冊編號(最好有).

原帖由 CSW 於 09-7-2 01:39 發表
I haven't received any info from school until today. How about the others?

作者: TaoTaoMa    時間: 09-7-4 21:05

我亦未收得學校的信件,但6月初我親身到學校通知他們轉地址時,我即時在學校寫了一封信給李校長,通知學校轉了新地址,內容是包括了你所提及的資料。

原帖由 CSW 於 09-7-2 10:56 發表
剛才打去學校問, 書記說還未確定會在今星期還是下星期才寄出學校資料...
她說若學生有地址資料的更改, 需要以書面通知學校, 可FAX去. 上面要有學生的中英文姓名, 身份証NO. , 註冊編號(最好有).

作者: Chess    時間: 09-7-4 23:57

P1 Student Information received today!
作者: CSW    時間: 09-7-8 00:23

I also received the school info on Saturday too at my new home.

原帖由 Chess 於 09-7-4 23:57 發表
P1 Student Information received today!

作者: Chess    時間: 09-7-8 00:35

Have you joined any of the summer classes?
I have applied for the music class.

原帖由 CSW 於 09-7-8 00:23 發表
I also received the school info on Saturday too at my new home.

作者: CSW    時間: 09-7-8 20:39

I send the app of the musical instrument class and the swimming class. Hopefully my boy can get into them.  I didn't find other summer courses for him due to the moving.

原帖由 Chess 於 09-7-8 00:35 發表
Have you joined any of the summer classes?
I have applied for the music class.

作者: Chess    時間: 09-7-8 22:04

Oh really!  Two classes may keep him busy!
See if our sons will be arranged into the same music class.
Cheers.:D

原帖由 CSW 於 09-7-8 20:39 發表
I send the app of the musical instrument class and the swimming class. Hopefully my boy can get into them.  I didn't find other summer courses for him due to the moving.

作者: Chess    時間: 09-7-15 00:04

Does anyone know if French course is offered as free or paid ECR of the school?
作者: CSW    時間: 09-7-20 21:26

My boy will join Class D in the orchestra class, how about you guys?

原帖由 Chess 於 09-7-15 00:04 發表
Does anyone know if French course is offered as free or paid ECR of the school?

作者: Chess    時間: 09-7-20 22:27

My boy is in Class C.  

Cheers

原帖由 CSW 於 09-7-20 21:26 發表
My boy will join Class D in the orchestra class, how about you guys?

作者: CSW    時間: 09-7-23 12:50

Chess,

Do you live close to school?
Does your kid feel  excited to go to school tmr?
Cheers!

原帖由 Chess 於 09-7-20 22:27 發表
My boy is in Class C.  

Cheers

作者: Chess    時間: 09-7-23 13:26

CSW,

We live in Island East, so not very close to the school.  It takes me 15-20 minutes to drive to school.

My son looks forward to the class! Hope he behaves himself!

How about yours?  Is he learning other musical instruments as well, such as piano?

Cheers!

原帖由 CSW 於 09-7-23 12:50 發表
Chess,

Do you live close to school?
Does your kid feel  excited to go to school tmr?
Cheers!

作者: CSW    時間: 09-7-25 17:44

Chess,

My boy plays piano only. But he doesn't seem to have interest to learn other instrument...I just tried to give him more chance to learn about the instrument, so that he can have more choices.

Where do you park if you drive to school? I want to drive my boy there too, however I don't know where to park...

Anyway, he will join the swimming class starting next Monday. I wish I can drive him, cos it's quite far away to get the bus or taxt...

原帖由 Chess 於 09-7-23 13:26 發表
CSW,

We live in Island East, so not very close to the school.  It takes me 15-20 minutes to drive to school.

My son looks forward to the class! Hope he behaves himself! :L

How about yours?  Is he ...

作者: Chess    時間: 09-7-25 21:13

CSW,

I didn't drive my son to school last Friday.  I saw some private cars parking at the roadside.  If we consider driving to school next time,  there is no other alternative, I think.

Hope that your kid enjoys the swimming class!

原帖由 CSW 於 09-7-25 17:44 發表
Chess,

My boy plays piano only. But he doesn't seem to have interest to learn other instrument...I just tried to give him more chance to learn about the instrument, so that he can have more choices.

作者: CSW    時間: 09-7-27 17:19

There were only 3 students in the class, pretty good. My boy likes the coach, he said he is funny. And I got to know some parents too.

原帖由 Chess 於 09-7-25 21:13 發表
CSW,

I didn't drive my son to school last Friday.  I saw some private cars parking at the roadside.  If we consider driving to school next time,  there is no other alternative, I think.

Hope that y ...

作者: CSW    時間: 09-8-2 21:44

I like to know will the school have a metal school badge for the students to pin on their shirt? If so, when shall we get it?
BTW, I found that the school intranet has the activity notice post already, but for P.1 students, I think we have to wait until the parents' day to get the login and password.(am I correct)..?

As mentioned by the music teachers at school, it is not easy to sign up for those hot instrument activity class (e.g. violin) esp. for P.1, so she said the viola and cello classes  can be the next choice. I can already feel some pressure from the instrument class...the teachers really expect the parents to contribute a lot to acompany the kids along with their practice.
作者: FPLV    時間: 09-8-3 12:48

CSW,
One metal school badge will be given to you on the parents' day free of charge.
You will get the intranet login id and password on parents' day to be used starting from 1st September. Results for the P.1 activities will be notified in early to mid September (in student's handbook).
Many musical instrument classes for beginers  outside SPCC also requires a parent to learn together with the student so as to make practice more effective. Pay one fee, two people learning - I think this is good. Enjoy lifetime learning.
Hope these help.
作者: CSW    時間: 09-8-4 11:52

FPLV,

Thanks very much for the tips.
BTW, would you mind to share if the school usually goes fast on the Maths subject (the p.1 book list does include a P.2 book)? I heard that quite a few P.1 students had already have Maths ability as p.3 level...how would the school treat the talented kids?

原帖由 FPLV 於 09-8-3 12:48 發表
CSW,
One metal school badge will be given to you on the parents' day free of charge.
You will get the intranet login id and password on parents' day to be used starting from 1st September. Results fo ...

作者: FPLV    時間: 09-8-4 15:05

CSW,
I guess the pace is to complete the 6-year course in 5 years. Last year, P.1 uses Math books 1A to 2B. On top of those, there are also about 160 worksheets to do. Quite demanding workload.
Coming year P.1 uses one less book, I guess the teachers reckoned 6 books are a bit more in a year.
For P.1, Math is mainly addition and subtraction. Just need more practice.
作者: CSW    時間: 09-8-4 23:26

Thanks FPLV, the sharing's help.

原帖由 FPLV 於 09-8-4 15:05 發表
CSW,
I guess the pace is to complete the 6-year course in 5 years. Last year, P.1 uses Math books 1A to 2B. On top of those, there are also about 160 worksheets to do. Quite demanding workload.
Comin ...

作者: Chess    時間: 09-8-9 23:20

I understand that "Gifted Education" is offered as a kind of ECR.  But what exactly is this ECR? How can students be selected for such ECR?

原帖由 CSW 於 09-8-4 11:52 發表
FPLV,

Thanks very much for the tips.
BTW, would you mind to share if the school usually goes fast on the Maths subject (the p.1 book list does include a P.2 book)? I heard that quite a few P.1 stude ...

作者: CSW    時間: 09-8-24 16:52

What is the off-school time for 1st week?
作者: FPLV    時間: 09-8-24 19:43

School ends at 1:00pm during 1st-4th Sept.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5