教育王國

標題: DGJS interview [打印本頁]

作者: golfland    時間: 09-10-9 12:07     標題: DGJS interview

can anyone share the interview this morning? thanks................................
作者: sisimama    時間: 09-10-9 15:07

It was really a loooong interview. I waited for around 1.5 hour for the whole interview.  It was around 45mins -1hr for the interview itself.  I would suggest parents to bring along with some story books & snack(both for youself & your daughter).  After the whole interview, my daughter seems very tired.  But when I ask her what's happening inside. she doesn't want to say.

I saw a lot of mami dressed up formally and carried expensive handbags.

原帖由 golfland 於 09-10-9 12:07 發表
can anyone share the interview this morning? thanks................................

[ 本帖最後由 sisimama 於 09-10-9 15:12 編輯 ]
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-9 15:11

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: sisimama    時間: 09-10-9 15:19

Yes. Only 1 parent was allowed to go inside with the girls.  There were 8 girls in my daughter's group.
Seems that they give some pictures(with different animals) and ask them for questions and ask them to tell stories.  She said some primary students inside the room as helper.

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-9 15:11 發表
Thanks for sharing..

are they strict on only allowing 1 parent to go in?
how many in a group?
Were there "waiting activites" in the group like reading, puzzle?

作者: chingmon    時間: 09-10-9 15:25

作者: sisimama    時間: 09-10-9 15:27

I saw a lot of CCKG students wearing school uniform, and their parents were group together and chatted.
原帖由 chingmon 於 09-10-9 15:25 發表
hi sisimama,

do you see any girl wear school uniform?

[ 本帖最後由 sisimama 於 09-10-9 15:31 編輯 ]
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-9 15:33

作者: 穎希媽咪    時間: 09-10-9 16:10

Do they need to meet parents in the first interview? Thanks!
作者: KaHeiBaBa    時間: 09-10-9 16:31

原帖由 穎希媽咪 於 09-10-9 16:10 發表
Do they need to meet parents in the first interview? Thanks!

No, they don't !!
作者: sschiu    時間: 09-10-9 16:50

Well...It was "fun" to see so many nicely dressed moms and dads waiting outside the main entrance (because only 1 could enter the school). (Luckily the weather was cool this morning!) Though Mrs. Dai DID came out for a minute I wonder if she could associate which parent (and which handbag) with which girl? She also appeared in the area while queuing up for document checking but she didn't stop to look at anyone. I wore my best dress and it was a pity that there was no chance to be seen by her at all.

It is a relief that it is over now. Good luck to all other girls!
作者: tvnotallow    時間: 09-10-9 17:00     標題: 回覆 10# sschiu 的文章

anyone met the "3 star" today??
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-9 17:12

作者: Gooddaddy    時間: 09-10-9 17:18

Thanks for the tips.  I will put on a bow tie with my Issey Miyake suit tommorow.  If anyone recognises me, just say Hi.  Btw, how do I know who is Mrs Dai?  What does she look like? I want to dance reggae in front of her
原帖由 sschiu 於 09-10-9 16:50 發表
Well...It was "fun" to see so many nicely dressed moms and dads waiting outside the main entrance (because only 1 could enter the school). (Luckily the weather was cool this morning!) Though Mrs. Dai  ...

作者: ziyi    時間: 09-10-9 18:10

the girl and parent need to formal dressing? Anyone can answer me
Thanks
作者: magiccandy    時間: 09-10-9 19:29

then, is it really group interview?
作者: jojoyeung    時間: 09-10-9 20:10

Can anyone tell if the school did confirm that there will be 2nd interview?

Is the interview conducted in English or Chinese?

Many thanks.

[ 本帖最後由 jojoyeung 於 09-10-9 20:14 編輯 ]
作者: mirimiri    時間: 09-10-9 21:20

Does anyone know is that everyone submits application form can get the interview chance?  Since my friend's daughter interviewed last year and she said it was 1 to 1 interviewed by the principal, so I assume it's not for everyone.  Kindly advise, thx!
作者: Tiffannyc0211    時間: 09-10-9 21:28

YES! Group interview......and write Chinese Name ONLY!

原帖由 magiccandy 於 09-10-9 19:29 發表
then, is it really group interview?

作者: euka    時間: 09-10-9 22:29

I saw BEE and KIKI's daughters in the 11:25AM session. BOth wear CCKG uniforms
作者: diversity    時間: 09-10-9 22:44

原帖由 Gooddaddy 於 09-10-9 17:18 發表
Thanks for the tips.  I will put on a bow tie with my Issey Miyake suit tommorow.  If anyone recognises me, just say Hi.  Btw, how do I know who is Mrs Dai?  What does she look like? I want to dance r ...

why should we recognize you? is it because you are ......... Bee's & Kiki's daughters have appeared today, so are you the only one left..........

1 reminder to you - not to swear in front of Mrs Dai

作者: chingmon    時間: 09-10-9 23:08

作者: Astoria    時間: 09-10-10 07:27

有一個朋友說要到圖書館看書, 另一個沒有到圖書館看書, 不知是否面試內容不一樣?
作者: euka    時間: 09-10-10 10:09

Parents and kids have arrange to wait at the mini-library only.
As a waiting area instead of reading as all the shelves were blocked by tables and strings.
作者: chuyuencheung    時間: 09-10-10 11:10

頭先我老婆面試時,見到徐濠瑩排係後面幾個,似乎 e-神個女都要面試喎。
作者: miumiumilk    時間: 09-10-10 11:14

May daughter has just finished the meeting, exactly 1 hour :)
作者: queeniekl    時間: 09-10-10 11:18

Off course all applicants have to undergo interviews.  No privilege is given to celebrities daughters.
原帖由 chuyuencheung 於 09-10-10 11:10 發表

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-10 13:06

原帖由 chuyuencheung 於 09-10-10 11:10 發表

Of course all have to undergo interview.  But whether they have more advantages over others in admission, who knows!
作者: queeniekl    時間: 09-10-10 13:18

I think the school gives equal chances to all candidates irrespective of parents' occupation.  If the celebrities' daughters scored very high in the interview, they will be selected.  But please note that this has nothing to do with the fact that their parents are artists.  In fact I think the school now feels quite reluctant to take these celebrities daughters because of the media influences that may have on other students.
原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-10-10 13:06 發表

Of course all have to undergo interview.  But whether they have more advantages over others in admission, who knows!

作者: coco2004    時間: 09-10-10 13:27     標題: 三宝&達ming

今日見到徐濠莹,佢個女無着cckg校服,着左條啡金色喱士裙,好似去party,潮媽反而收斂左.重有張達明個女,可算星光熠熠dgs.
作者: queeniekl    時間: 09-10-10 13:32

It's very unusual to wear school uniform on saturday to attend interview.  Yesterday it was ok, that's why many CCKG students were seen.
原帖由 coco2004 於 09-10-10 13:27 發表
今日見到徐濠莹,佢個女無着cckg校服,着左條啡金色喱士裙,好似去party,潮媽反而收斂左.重有張達明個女,可算星光熠熠dgs.

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-10 13:43

原帖由 queeniekl 於 09-10-10 13:18 發表
I think the school gives equal chances to all candidates irrespective of parents' occupation.  If the celebrities' daughters scored very high in the interview, they will be selected.  But please note that this has nothing to do with the fact that their parents are artists.  In fact I think the school now feels quite reluctant to take these celebrities daughters because of the media influences that may have on other students.

Please excuse me, from what you write and the tone you use,  how come you're so sure?  It sounds that you know the truth.  I hope the school works just as you said.

Anyway, I have no prejudice towards celebrities' children.  And if you really have access to knowing their admission criterion, then we should be glad to hear about what you just wrote.  Every parents want to see school would fairly assess each child.  Just that the past records in fact did provoke some doubts among ordinary families in HK.

[ 本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 09-10-10 13:46 編輯 ]
作者: Chumeiying    時間: 09-10-10 15:55

Would there be a 2nd interview for DGJS?  
The notice distributed after interview saying the result will be announced in Dec 09.
Pls share your thoughts.  Tks.
作者: joebaby    時間: 09-10-10 15:59

我覺得其實在interview前已分咗收邊D人, 因為each group再sub-divide2小group, 都只係serve一班外籍+cckg的人. 其他人好似透明咁.

同埋我見到在場的某D miss已是好明顯有bias, 人地著靚D個就笑, 大陸D就.... 同埋D家長行埋就係傾D晒命嘢, 自問頂唔順.  

算啦, 老公話我地D平民真係唔係好啱讀呢D學校, 小朋友在那兒不受尊重, 讀都讀得唔開心.
作者: joebaby    時間: 09-10-10 16:02

原帖由 Chumeiying 於 09-10-10 15:55 發表
Would there be a 2nd interview for DGJS?  
The notice distributed after interview saying the result will be announced in Dec 09.
Pls share your thoughts.  Tks.

人人都應該會有得2nd in,因為收form時不是收了我們2個信封嗎? 另一個未用的應該是出final result, 今次收我們的是用來inform u 2nd in用的.
作者: Tiffannyc0211    時間: 09-10-10 16:06

AGREE........

原帖由 joebaby 於 09-10-10 15:59 發表
我覺得其實在interview前已分咗收邊D人, 因為each group再sub-divide2小group, 都只係serve一班外籍+cckg的人. 其他人好似透明咁.

同埋我見到在場的某D miss已是好明顯有bias, 人地著靚D個就笑, 大陸D就.... ...

作者: muimuitsui    時間: 09-10-10 16:24

We are oridinary & unrelated to the sch. However our feeling are quite good as those staffs seems nice & the overall arrangement is satisfaction. And the interview involve all 8 girls's participaction all the time which is interesting & full of joyful. (my girl's feeling)  Besides, always heard that Mrs Dai is a fair lady who run the school very well. Wishes all our beloved can be admitted to the 'right' school. cheers!

原帖由 joebaby 於 09-10-10 15:59 發表

同埋我見到在場的某D miss已是好明顯有bias, 人地著靚D個就笑, 大陸D就.... ...

作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-10-10 18:05

It is NOT true that celebrities' children or famous "people" like gov't officials' kids have no advantage. Of course they do, know it for a fact.
However, along with the acceptance, prior to that, a hefty sum of donation, and afterwards makes a difference too.

Mrs Dai is a fair lady indeed, however, she definitely knows HOW to choose the candidates who would "make a difference" in the school. Either financially, academically, physically (sports), or artistically. Your child MUST have potential (and your family) to add "value" to the school, otherwise, WHY choose you ?

Your child of course needs to "perform" her weight and at least NOT underachieve in the interview, then you will be accepted. With "advantage" AND your child being worthy of being chosen, that's the perfect combination.

But if your child isn't going to be adding any value, I have heard a friend made a donation of $ 800 000, still did not accept get accepted. Someone who got Mr Donald Tsang to write a reference letter for her daughter, didn't get accepted. And, the staff of some maintenance company of the school's swimming pool, (many years relationship with the school), daughter of the owner or something... thought would be automatically accepted, but Mrs Dai did not accept her.
作者: Astoria    時間: 09-10-10 18:38

請問這兩天面試的內容是什麼?
作者: PhdJessiema    時間: 09-10-10 18:48

作者: cmchang0927    時間: 09-10-10 18:55

Actually I don't find the staff discriminate the parent in my case........... I m a fat lady and wearing cheap clothes but when I forgot to bring the letter and waiting for my husband to get it for me, they were nice to me and let my girl get in first.   So in my case, I think the staff are nice.
作者: Astoria    時間: 09-10-10 18:57

Anyone can share the content of the interview?
作者: Gooddaddy    時間: 09-10-10 20:21

10 girls were placed in a room and were individually seated in 2 columns by 5 rows.  They were told a story about a rabbit and then asked to answer some questions by using an apple to indicate the right answer.  After that, each girl was asked to tell a story of their own.  They were also asked to write their name in English on a paper.  At the end of the test, a teacher comes to the girl desk and marks the paper immediately.  If the answer is correct, there will be a tick marked on each answer.
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-10 20:24

I knew that some groups of children were asked to write their Chinese name only.
作者: deebrown    時間: 09-10-10 20:25

原帖由 muimuitsui 於 09-10-10 16:24 發表
We are oridinary & unrelated to the sch. However our feeling are quite good as those staffs seems nice & the overall arrangement is satisfaction. And the interview involve all 8 girls's participaction ...

My little one also had a good time during interviews...
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-10 20:26

I observed that the teaching staff were nice.  There was a girl who kept on crying and refused to leave her mum.  Then almost all DGS girls and the teachers inside the room approached and talked to the girl trying to convince her to line up with other girls. The impression to me was really good.
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-10 20:56

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-10 21:23

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-10 20:56 發表
I think they are not staff but volunteer parents instead. I heard them chatting about their daughters.

Also one of the volunteer parent was Daisy Ho (Stanley ho's daughter)

The staff that I mentioned were teachers not volunteer, parents volunteers were easily identified as they carried "helper" name card.

I saw Daisy Ho as well, she was the one who made announcements thru speaker in the waiting hall.
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-10 21:50

作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-10 21:51

作者: ratafan    時間: 09-10-10 22:19

Scary!!!! How come things have gone so extreme these years?  I know quite some friends graduated from DGS, they are all nice.  None of them are celebrities nor rich.  One of my elder son's schoolmates was also admitted by DGJS few years ago. Her parents were humble and non-related.  But I can tell you that the girl got admitted was very smart and POLITE and HUMBLE.
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-10 22:26

原帖由 ratafan 於 09-10-10 22:19 發表
Scary!!!! How come things have gone so extreme these years?  I know quite some friends graduated from DGS, they are all nice.  None of them are celebrities nor rich.  One of my elder son's schoolmates ...

I heard that some years ago when DGS was still a gov't subsidized school, it could still train up girls to become good at academic even though most students were not recruited thru interview.  Once a school started to become sort of 'private school' , things are becoming more and more "exaggerating".  This is HK.
作者: chingmon    時間: 09-10-10 22:28

作者: panbaby    時間: 09-10-10 22:42

有時我想大家可能太著重名人的名氣, 而看不到她們的父母投放的資源有時遠遠多過普通人, 有錢的在小孩讀幼稚園時便每月用多多錢給兒女學東西, 有機會可以上台比演, 這都是心血來的.  如果兩個小孩天生天分一樣, 享受資源多些當然好些...

Dgjs 是香港人心目中的貴族名校, 二個女仔一樣, 她們當然會選有學問, 有銀兩的, 名校名校, 沒名人怎成名校? 當然你的子女非常突出, 我想機會總會有的.  妳估學校不知道小學同學之間非富則貴? 好成綪是靠學校, 家長, 補習老師及資源pump 出來的.

我的小孩今天也見了dgjs, 我也是普通人, 女兒令我最安慰的是她說有很多題目不會答... 一大進步!
作者: Chumeiying    時間: 09-10-10 22:54

My daughter refused to discuss the content of interview with me until now when we read the message by another mum together.  
She said they played a game first by an orange instead of apple.  Then they were asked to read a story book at their own choice quietly.  Lastly, they read a story together with an English teacher through the projector screen.  It was about "The Fish and Chun Chun."  They were asked to write their Chinese names only.
When we chatted with some parents after interview while waiting taxi, it seems the format of interview were not the same.  Some of the children said they did not need to speak in English and no story telling.
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-10 22:56

原帖由 panbaby 於 09-10-10 22:42 發表
有時我想大家可能太著重名人的名氣, 而看不到她們的父母投放的資源有時遠遠多過普通人, ...

There're a lot of "ordinary" families (ie. not celebrities) who have been spending equal or even more efforts on grooming their children in more or less the same way as these famous ppl do.
作者: mama64    時間: 09-10-10 22:57

When my daughter finished the interview today, she just told me it's quite boring, and she was told to walk around and around.  I was quite frustrated that she was discriminated.  However, after reading this discussion group, I asked her again and she replied:  
Step 1: Write down your Chinese name on a white label
Step 2: A teacher gives two pictures to her, and asked her to tell the story.
Step 3: Read some pictures about animals, and answer some questons by using apples to indicate the answers.
Step 4: Go to another classroom, and read story books.
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-10 22:58

原帖由 Chumeiying 於 09-10-10 22:54 發表
My daughter refused to discuss the content of interview with me until now when we read the message by another mum together.  
She said they played a game first by an orange instead of apple.  Then the ...

Yes it appeared that there were different format across the students.  And this is reasonable.
作者: babyboysngirls    時間: 09-10-10 23:50

Although I am not so confident of my daughter's performance today, I am deeply impressed by the arrangement from the school and the staff attitude.  All the people I met were very nice.   After seeing the video inside the hall, I really feel that DGS girls are very fortunate and happy studying in a school with  excellent performance in all areas. Guess Mrs. Dai is a very responsible principal.  By the way,  do you think Mrs. Dai was also inside the interview room to assess the kids or only until 2nd interview as she used to interview all kids on her own.   Anyway, good luck to you all.
作者: jojo_c    時間: 09-10-10 23:59

I really agree with you!!

I would like to say why some parents always presume those famous school will treat the "celebrates" differently.  If you feel such school so unfair, why you still apply for it, right?  There is only two ways you can go; either become celebrates or ignore such school.  Otherwise, you always feel upset when you girl not get accepted.  You will only think you are treated unfair.  

Actually, interview is like this.  Must have someone get accepted and some don't.  Just relax and enjoy the process.  Your girl has tried the best and no regret.

原帖由 panbaby 於 09-10-10 22:42 發表
有時我想大家可能太著重名人的名氣, 而看不到她們的父母投放的資源有時遠遠多過普通人, 有錢的在小孩讀幼稚園時便每月用多多錢給兒女學東西, 有機會可以上台比演, 這都是心血來的.  如果兩個小孩天生天分一樣, 享受 ...

作者: 可敏    時間: 09-10-11 00:37     標題: staffs are very nice

in front of the registrate table, the staff, I think she is teacher, use the very nice voice to speak with my daughter.

All the staffs I met today are very nice.

In addition, the headmistress is beautiful, really 風韻猶存。
作者: Jen2008    時間: 09-10-11 01:29

I went to 2 interviews this morning and felt there's such a big difference between staff and helpers of DGJS and of another private school in Kln City.

In the Kln City school, the teachers are friendly and nice, in DGJS, everyone is so routine and strict.  I was being stopped twice  when waiting for my turn to go to the covered playground registration area, this is even before the registration!

First, after spotting the queue, I went ahead and a lady stopped me and asked me to show her the letter, that's quite fair though the lady was a bit rude.  Secondly, after showing her the letter, she didn't allow me in and insisted that I should have all the documents ready.  I said I had them all in the plastic folder in my hands.  Only then I was allowed to queue up for registration.  While waiting for registration, I observed the lady was much nicer to other parents who dressed up well.
作者: mommy2009    時間: 09-10-11 02:17

My daughter told me the interview process was like this:
1) One teacher reads the story through projector screen for each page, and ask
the girls to re-tell the story one by one.
First girl re-tell the first page, second girl re-tell the second page...... (projector will show the picture in sequence, with time-limit, the timer rings upon times up)...
...my daughter said only two among ten girls spoke loudly, she was the one of them.

2) Show her 4 animal pictures in 4 small cards seperately and ask her to spot the forth one on the bigger paper with an orange.
My daughter said she did it correctly without diffculties (quite easy).

3) Show her a picture = bear, then provide  three (or four) other pictures  = bears in dress up(for example, eye mask on face etc), so ask her putting an orange to the right one = bear with exactly the same you   see just now.
My daughter is not sure it is correct or not!

4) go to fifth floor to read story book independently, a foreign teacher did talk
to her for one phase,  but my girl didn't tell
me clearly what was it about?

That is all she did in interview, she told me right after interview it was a bit boring.

Good luck to all of our daughters!  
作者: panbaby    時間: 09-10-11 03:50

我的意思是貴族學校喜歡有資源, 有強大家長支持的學生, 名人是一類, 專業人士是一類, 高學問是一類, 隱形富豪是一類, 普通人能應付到有無限決心是一類, 不一定是celebrity才可...

名人你看他是名人, 他就是名人, 你看他是普通人, 他就是普通人...dgjs 咁多年, 它的名字遝要妳來擦嗎? 就算是 ' 名人' 分分鐘以讀過 dgjs 為榮.  相反則未必...

原帖由 jojo_c 於 09-10-10 23:59 發表
I really agree with you!!

I would like to say why some parents always presume those famous school will treat the "celebrates" differently.  If you feel such school so unfair, why you still apply for  ...

作者: Gooddaddy    時間: 09-10-11 07:38

Hi Wotaitai> Thanks.  Did you take your new hand bag with you at the interview? Hope the staff like it:)
原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-10 21:51 發表

wow your daughter must be really smart to tell you so precisely what happened!

作者: Gooddaddy    時間: 09-10-11 07:43

Hi Chingmom> Thanks. She goes to St. Catherine's.  A lot of SC students are usually well trained at school to tell stories.  This may give them an advantage.  Anyway, who knows how well they performed at the spot.  Good luck to you and your love one.
原帖由 chingmon 於 09-10-10 22:28 發表
how smart of yr girl, my girl was not willing to tell(/can't tell) after interview, may i know what kinder does yr girl study?

作者: Gooddaddy    時間: 09-10-11 08:00

Having read above, it seems there might be a slight variation in the interview process but the theme is just the same: It was structured to test the candidates on:

1) Language comprehension - through story listening and answering related questions.

2) Ability of expression - again by story telling or re-telling a read story.

3) Analysis - ability to tell logical difference through illiustrated cards or pics.

Anyway, it was fun. Good luck to you all.
作者: magiccandy    時間: 09-10-11 11:12

My girl also told me the process was like what you described. She said some girls really spoke very softly and did not listen to other girls after they finished their own part. I guess the teachers also observed the degree of paying attention of each girl other than their language skills.

原帖由 mommy2009 於 09-10-11 02:17 發表
My daughter told me the interview process was like this:
1) One teacher reads the story through projector screen for each page, and ask
the girls to re-tell the story one by one.
First girl re-tell th ...

作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-11 16:23

作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-11 16:29

作者: Jen2008    時間: 09-10-11 17:22

it's just casual, a bit better than polo shirt, jeans and sports shoes.

i went to all the other interviews in similar clothing and was treated politely.

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-11 16:29 發表

just curious how "badly" were your dressed??

作者: 可敏    時間: 09-10-12 00:17     標題: 不覺得着靚衫有特別

昨天個女去IN﹐我俾佢着的衫是件去年着下來的裙,外加一件連帽雜麥牌短袖外套,一對幾十元鞋。而我自己則着了一條舊年大減價時買的裙及一件百五元有牫的上衣。我的手袋記得係兩年前買的,二百元有牫。但我覺 得DGJS的職員望我或交談的態度很友善,沒有異樣。

或者我的要求並不是志在必得,所以我以平常心待之,從來沒有想到要花一筆錢用在今次面試的打扮上,從未。

其實我覺得而家個女已經好叻拉,記得佢剛升上K2時,參加講故事比賽,上台時講不得出來,到昨天,佢可以將面試時講的故事再重覆一次俾我聽,而且好詳細添,我覺得佢 好叻拉,收唔收都無所謂拉。
作者: Unclejt    時間: 09-10-12 00:28

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-11 16:23 發表
haha went to the SPCC interview with my new handbag too!  I didnt even know who was the staff... just too numb after waiting around the whole day

How about your new car?
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-12 00:33

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-12 00:36

Let's update here if someone receives 2nd int letter, so that we would be able to have idea whether there's any chance.  IT's a long waiting until Dec19.
作者: mommy2009    時間: 09-10-12 01:31

Sure!  Please update each other here, so that we don't have to keep on checking the mail box receiving second letter or not.   
作者: Reximom    時間: 09-10-12 10:04

作者: judy    時間: 09-10-12 10:18

不過最好笑係以前當有人批評舊方法既時候, 就有班盲虫彈出呢話咩"幾分鐘夠唒Ms Dai 可以揀到精英啦..."

我都係呢班盲蟲嘅一份子。

我唔敢話以前啲方法可以揀到精英,不過,咁多年來用咁嘅方法,絕大部份小學生入到DGS, 而DGS咁多年來都係數一數ニ之好學校。

不過咁,咁做可更全面照顧到各家長的感受,特別是一些連一郵票計較之輩,可能覺得抵啲。
作者: Reximom    時間: 09-10-12 10:44

作者: kcityma    時間: 09-10-12 11:04

dgjs 今年有2nd interview 嗎
作者: judy    時間: 09-10-12 11:21

原帖由 Reximom 於 09-10-12 10:44 發表

如果真係行之有效, 又洗mug 改呢個快靚正既舊方法呢? 其實DGS不嬲都唔使取悅班家長架,特別係個班”連一個郵票都計較之輩”!

不過咁, 就算舊方法OK, 精益求精都係好事!

其實舊方法做死校長!一點也不是快靚正。

以前我帶阿大去in,排去接近1點鐘時段,阿大in完同我講話個老啲嘅想訓想訓咁(當時Mrs Tai未係校長)。
作者: charlottechan    時間: 09-10-12 11:44

我個女同b哥個女同一組. 我覺得人家(即她媽媽)很低調.
出來時, 我阿女話inteview時好多時候行來行去, 不過都好好玩.她自己的經歷是全中文.
先一班人睇故事, 然後重複講出來.
用萍果顯示正確答案, 再看了一本關於路得的故事, 老師指住個"是"字叫她讀出, 及講出這書的內容.  
我個女話她一句英文都不用說,心知冇機會.
平常心便不會失望了
作者: jan04    時間: 09-10-12 12:20

原帖由 charlottechan 於 09-10-12 11:44 發表
先一班人睇故事, 然後重複講出來.
用萍果顯示正確答案, 再看了一本關於路 ...

When the girls went to the second room to read books, it looked like only very few of the girls had been approached by a teacher with questions asked.

These girls will probably have higher chance to succeed.
作者: cy.muimui    時間: 09-10-12 18:27

Charlottechan,

Yes, agree with u!

先一班人睇故事, 然後重複講出來.
用萍果顯示正確答案, 再看了一本關於路 ...

作者: cy.muimui    時間: 09-10-12 18:28

Yes!  agree with u!

先一班人睇故事, 然後重複講出來.
用萍果顯示正確答案, 再看了一本關於路 ...

作者: chingmon    時間: 09-10-12 19:32

作者: tvnotallow    時間: 09-10-12 22:59     標題: 回覆 85# chingmon 的文章

is the girl approach by teacher from CCKG?

my girl did not ask by any teacher, no chance la....................
作者: Monghar    時間: 09-10-12 23:51

What do you mean by approach by teacher from CCKG?  Are you referring to DGJS teachers at the interview to ask questions to individual girls?  Please clarify?>>..

My daughter was told by one of the teachers during the interview that she can say "Hi" to Mrs Dai if you see her in the school during the interview.. so. my daughter went to say hi to Mrs Dai during the interview ... hahaha.. just happen Mrs Dai was standing outside the classroom...

原帖由 tvnotallow 於 09-10-12 22:59 發表
is the girl approach by teacher from CCKG?

my girl did not ask by any teacher, no chance la....................

作者: sze_mark    時間: 09-10-13 09:44

my girl said only she could read the story about a "big bad rat" to the teacher and the other girls only said 未睇完 and 吾識讀
作者: shwamy    時間: 09-10-13 12:19

小女面試完畢後很開心,她說老師講了一個很精彩的故事給小朋友,之後老師請她們再說一遍. 小女說課室內每個小朋友也很安靜及留心,說故事也好,真難選擇!
作者: Onsen    時間: 09-10-14 17:54

I felt quite disappointed about the parents, at least the one I encountered, during the interview.  My girl was lining up to go to the bathroom before entering the hall.  However, while she was trying to let others to get out, the parents behind just ignored her and jumped the line.  Not one, but three of them, that is a 100% rate.  That tells me about the quality of many local parents.  I like this school but I am scare of these kind of parents that I need to face, if my daughter can get in.
作者: idy926    時間: 09-10-14 18:14

But you may meet these kind of parents everywhere not just in DGJS

原帖由 Onsen 於 09-10-14 17:54 發表
I felt quite disappointed about the parents, at least the one I encountered, during the interview.  My girl was lining up to go to the bathroom before entering the hall.  However, while she was trying ...

作者: Crabmeatsoup    時間: 09-10-15 19:33

To be fair, the parents you described are not the DGJS parents yet, they are just the parents of DGJS applicants.

原帖由 Onsen 於 09-10-14 17:54 發表
I felt quite disappointed about the parents, at least the one I encountered, during the interview.  My girl was lining up to go to the bathroom before entering the hall.  However, while she was trying ...

[ 本帖最後由 Crabmeatsoup 於 09-10-16 01:16 編輯 ]
作者: tvnotallow    時間: 09-10-15 21:41

ahah, I agree, they just the DGJS Applicants
作者: Onsen    時間: 09-10-16 10:46

Correct.  I did not say they are the DGJS parents.  I only said they were the "local" parents.  The only problem with me is to justify letting my daughter to go to a local school.  May be the DGJS parents are different and the teachers are different and the principal is different from other local schools (I hope).  I lost my hope of the local schools already while DGJS as a private school may be different from others.  (This is the only local school that I applied for my daughter.  If she fails, I have no where to go except the IS.)  Indeed, the principal Mrs. Dai looks a lot different.  (I hired 3 of the local primary and secondary schools' principals before.)  Also, the parents who had contributed here look a lot of educated and civilized.  That may be why DGJS stands out among the crowd.  Best of luck to all of you and a fair and equitable chance in your daughters' interviews.
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-10-16 11:05

作者: Onsen    時間: 09-10-16 13:33

The mothers were lining up even outside the bathroom while my daughter was in the front all by herself.  

What I am saying is that this is the general attitude of the local parents, not the DGJS ones, I hope.  

"Don't bother" of what?  I find this saying offending and annoying.  That tell about your quality as a parent.   

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-10-16 11:05 發表
from your description - did you consider the possibility that they thought your girl was trying to get out of the bathroom and was not in the queue ..as most girls of this age would be accompanied by  ...

作者: lovingparent    時間: 09-10-16 14:01

Any well educated and civilized person should not be classifying people as "local parents" and "DGJS parents" and this whole ordeal could have resulted differently if the kid or the parent said "excuse me" when being cut in the line, as simple as that, and no need to step over people in the forum after over a week. It's really not a big deal ....
作者: Gooddaddy    時間: 09-10-16 14:31

I think what wootaitai was saying is that if you find the parents of local schools rude, then don't bother to apply for P1 for your daughter from these local schools.
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-10-16 13:33 發表
The mothers were lining up even outside the bathroom while my daughter was in the front all by herself.  

What I am saying is that this is the general attitude of the local parents, not the DGJS ones ...

作者: Onsen    時間: 09-10-16 14:49

Agree.  Let's just drop it.  My fault.  

原帖由 lovingparent 於 09-10-16 14:01 發表
Any well educated and civilized person should not be classifying people as "local parents" and "DGJS parents" and this whole ordeal could have resulted differently if the kid or the parent said "excus ...

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5