教育王國

標題: Playgroups/pre-nursery schools for CIS/SIS/ISF [打印本頁]

作者: Namie_luo    時間: 13-5-6 18:33     標題: Playgroups/pre-nursery schools for CIS/SIS/ISF

本帖最後由 Namie_luo 於 13-5-6 18:35 編輯

Dear mums, I am an expecting mom living in HK South and have a few questions at the moment.
First of all, am I right to target CIS/SIS/ISF for learning mandarin and English? Know they are hard to get in so would  be great if you can recommend a few more near the area. We prefer simplified Chinese.

How much does joining the pre-school programs of these schools help for primary-school admission?

Enrolling in playgroups for him is a more imminent task and I would like to hear which ones you recommend for getting into these schools.

Your help is much appreciated.

作者: caramom    時間: 13-5-6 20:03     標題: 回覆:Playgroups/pre-nursery schools for CIS/SIS/ISF

CIS and ISF use traditional Chinese. You may also consider VSA, though it is a private independent school instead of an international school, they are running full IB but using traditional Chinese; children attending Victoria Kindergarten get interview priority for VSA Y1. If you consider ISF as your ultimate goal, then you may try Rightmind Kindergarten, as they have got 1x K3 children got admitted by ISF in the previous years (more information available on Rightmind's website).

作者: Namie_luo    時間: 13-5-7 17:33

Thanks caramom!

Seems only SIS teaches simplified Chinese. As I know ISF is also an independent school instead of an international school. Any idea which one is better? We are native Mandarin speakers so ISF does not have a strong selling point on its strength in Mandarin teaching. Is VSA better at English teaching?
作者: caramom    時間: 13-5-7 18:05     標題: 引用:Thanks+caramom!Seems+only+SIS+teaches+si

本帖最後由 caramom 於 13-5-7 18:07 編輯
原帖由 Namie_luo 於 13-05-07 發表
Thanks caramom!

Seems only SIS teaches simplified Chinese. As I know ISF is also an independent sch ...

ISF have strong emphasis on Chinese (Mandarin), in G1, there is 70% Mandarin and 30% English in the curriculum. Students at ISF should have a relatively high Chinese standard. Although ISF focus Chinese a lot in the Primary years, I saw lot of young students in ISF speak very fluent English with no Chinese accent, it is in fact quite effective to focus more on Chinese when children are young since Chinese is much more difficult to learn than English.
While for VSA, I believe they are bilingual. Though the proportion of local students are high, students speak English and Mandarin during school hours, and most of them are fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, especially those from Victoria kindergarten.

作者: Namie_luo    時間: 13-5-9 18:23

Got it. Thanks. Seems ISF is more international.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5