搜索
教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 07-08學之園(海逸校)K2
樓主: LydiaWong
go

07-08學之園(海逸校)K2 [複製鏈接]

541#
發表於 08-4-22 10:45 |只看該作者
Hei Ching's mom

I think it's not that difficult to get recommendation letter from the new principal.  I think she will work hard & we still have time to let her observe how our kids perform & provide valid comment in the letter.

bblaw

Ah, you are in the PTA committee.  Right ?!  So, you may know more about the new principal.  Please share with us the latest news once available.

Couldn't get along with Anannya ?  Maybe you can talk to Miss Lai for more details & suggestion.

542#
發表於 08-4-22 13:27 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mom,
I had the same worry about the reference letter as the new principal doesn't really know our kids well (esp. since Ms. Yip has known Preston for almost more than 3yrs, I think he studies for the longest time at LHK). I talked to Ms. Lai about my worries but she said the reference letter is usally drafted by the teacher 1st, then the principal will comply all the points then write a letter according to the teacher's points. So not to worry too much.

Doris,
Thanks for the photos, it's very nice esp. the one Davin, Brian and Preston stood together shoulder to shoulder. Your brother is a professional photographer?

bblaw,
Any news after you have met with the school , please share with us. Thanks in advance.
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

543#
發表於 08-4-23 00:35 |只看該作者
Hi Doris,

Hei Ching loves the photos taken by your brother very much. She looked at them one by one for a number of times tonight. he he...Since my elder girl needed to participate the piano contest after Brian's party, she might be a bit over-dressed. Hei Ching felt a bit sad because she didn't put on a pretty dress that day. However, the trousers made her play freely with her classmates during the party. he he....

Hi moms,

Really glad to know that I can still have chance to get a recommendation letter for Hei Ching from Ms. Yip. I think she really know my girl well and what's a pity to hear her resignation. BTW, please share with me if you know about anything of the new principal.

Thanks in advance....

晞晴媽咪  

[ 本文章最後由 晞晴媽咪 於 08-4-23 00:37 編輯 ]

544#
發表於 08-4-24 07:44 |只看該作者
Hei Ching's Mom,

I don't think your elder daughter was over-dressed.  She looks pretty!

Lydia,

My brother likes taking photos but he is not professional at all.  However, the photos that he took are better in quality than those my husband took.  I think it's a matter of the camera used.

Dear all,

I appreciate the effort that the K3 parents paid in the sharing yesterday evening.  They were all well prepared and they were willing to share.

545#
發表於 08-4-24 10:10 |只看該作者
Doris

Agree.  It's impt for the school & the parents of smaller kid to know about the interview process.  Appreciate their willingness to share.

When did the seminar end ?

546#
發表於 08-4-24 13:14 |只看該作者
Dear moms,
I was a bit stressed out after hearing the seminar, I didn't sleep well last night. I'm not too worried about the kid's interview itself but moreso on the procedures and parents' interview. The seminar was very useful and the parents were so nice to tell us everything about the details of the interviews.
ljsze,
Why didn't you come last night? The seminar ended at ~9pm but we stayed behind to talk to the teachers. We(bblaw, Chuek Yan's mom and me) were chased out of the school by the principal at ~10pm.

547#
發表於 08-4-24 13:50 |只看該作者
ljsze,

The seminar ended at around 8.50pm.  They shared about the strategies in application and what their kids were asked to do in interviews of different schools.  Very informative.  

I just wonder if the school can film those talks and seminars for downloading purpose from the website.  7.00pm may be too early for some parents.

[ 本文章最後由 DorisTSL 於 08-4-24 22:01 編輯 ]

548#
發表於 08-4-24 16:46 |只看該作者
Lydia

I was there but left earlier.  I think all of us are worried.  I just can't imagine applying for 7 or 10 schools.

Did the parent analyse why her son was accepted by DBS ?

Doris

Definitely it's a good idea but I doubt if the school can videotaped the seminar.

549#
發表於 08-4-25 13:07 |只看該作者
ljsze,
I have friend's son just got into P1 DBS, her son is very smart and mature. He attended 2 kindergartens( Victoria in am and Delia in pm) and he is very good at swimming. I don't know if this is the criteria but if your kid is more outstanding in one area, there's definitely an advantage.

550#
發表於 08-4-25 13:47 |只看該作者
Lydia

I remember that you like DBS & that's why I think you'd like to know more.

Dear All

Maybe we can share what we know about different primary schools & we would have a better picture & try to matc our kid to a suitable school.

I know the situation of St Francis (SSP).  They've got 42 kids in each class & more oriented toward traditional teaching.  Have 6 - 7 homeworks every day.  Quite heavy workload but kids from this school have a good chance to go to band 1 sec school.

Will check more about diff. schools & share with you later.

[ 本文章最後由 ljsze 於 08-4-25 13:58 編輯 ]

551#
發表於 08-4-29 22:24 |只看該作者
Dear moms,
I was exhausted yesterday but Preston said he was not tired and still wanted to go to the park on the way home. Everyone enjoyed the day, even the parents. The school really put a lot of effort and it's very successful.

bblaw,
You're a good runner and so is your husband. Well done.

552#
發表於 08-4-29 23:20 |只看該作者
Doris,
Thank you for your husband finding to Ka Ka.
She was crying alone on the see view. She said she shouted to call me. But she did not know where we were and nobody to help her when she was crying just looking at her.
Autually, I am good at running in school but now it is too old for me to run.
Dear mons,
  Would U mind sharing the interview info if we can?

553#
發表於 08-4-30 10:37 |只看該作者
bblaw

Of course I don't mind but I have to collect info from my friends first.

554#
發表於 08-4-30 13:25 |只看該作者
Dear moms,
Sure, we should share any info that we've got. I know something about KTS and I'll let you guys know asap.

555#
發表於 08-5-6 10:15 |只看該作者
Dear Moms

Will you join the school visits ?  Though both schools are not my targets, I still enrol first & see if I have time to go.

556#
發表於 08-5-6 18:56 |只看該作者
ljsze,
I will only join 培橋, not interested in 浸小, plus I can't take that many leaves. Which one will you go or both?

557#
發表於 08-5-7 10:26 |只看該作者
Lydia

Not sure yet.  I need to know a bit more about these schools before making up my mind.

Dear All

The new principal looks very young.  I hope she would be as professional as the previous one.

558#
發表於 08-5-9 12:20 |只看該作者
Dear All

I was the storytelling mom this morning.  I shared a pop-up book about vehicles & the kids were so involved & excited.  I was happy about this.

559#
發表於 08-5-9 12:31 |只看該作者
ljsze,
I must ask Preston tonight coz he's crazy about vehicles, esp. buses. He also brought a London bus to school for 'show and tell' today. I wonder what book I shall bring when I'm a story mom in late June.

560#
發表於 08-5-9 13:41 |只看該作者
Lydia

Davin also likes vehicles a lot.  At home, he play cars for most of the time.  And, I have to really start some other games to let him try the others.

It was really happy to see that the kids were so involved & eager to read & answer my questions.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題