2#
發表於 09-11-10 09:46 |只看該作者
如果冇記錯大約 3-4星期啦.  

原帖由 shiuchen 於 09-11-9 14:40 發表
請問interview後,幾耐有結果?
謝謝各位!!!

3#
發表於 09-11-23 14:22 |只看該作者
the school offers my son a seat. my son is not from international kindergarten, but a local nursery school.
he cannot speak good english, but he reads a lot both chinese and english.
So gald to join this school. We will not register the Aided primary school even it also accepts my son.

4#
發表於 09-11-25 13:00 |只看該作者
I got a quick reply to confirm acceptacne of my daughter from school last year, it takes within 1 week only after interview.

Shiuchen, congradulation to your son be one of the students of Gigamind.  P1 is totally different from kindergarten, enjoy the last happy summer vacation!  I feel Chinese is the most difficult subject because it is all in 併音.

5#
發表於 09-11-25 20:15 |只看該作者

回覆 4# shiuchen 的文章

我個仔今年九月interview ,基本上陳校長即時已話收我個仔,acceptance letter 就三日後收到。唔知今年多唔多人in呢

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 09-11-26 12:04 |只看該作者
shiuchen,

You are welcome!

No worry about " cannot speak good english".

My girl could not speak good english too, she was very shine and used to zip up her mouth at the early months of her school life.   

Recently, however, we notice an obvious change on her , she speaks more in english to her classmates and is willing to talk more ( though not a fluent english ) to the native teachers.  

原帖由 shiuchen 於 09-11-23 14:22 發表
the school offers my son a seat. my son is not from international kindergarten, but a local nursery school.
he cannot speak good english, but he reads a lot both chinese and english.
So gald to join t ...

7#
發表於 09-11-26 12:38 |只看該作者
Hihi,
So glad to know you. How old is your daughter?
It's quite a puzzle for me  when I had to make the decision. However, I found that the school has very good reputation when I todl friends that my son was accepted by Gigamind.
Sorry that I still have some question:
Do you really think it is worth to pay such a high school fee ?
Do you have the school bus schedule? we live in Tsing Lung Tau (Castle peak road), do you know the pick up and drop down time?

Thanks a lot.

原帖由 CML2006 於 09-11-26 12:04 發表
shiuchen,

You are welcome!

No worry about " cannot speak good english".

My girl could not speak good english too, she was very shine and used to zip up her mouth at the early months of her school l ...

8#
發表於 09-11-26 12:52 |只看該作者
Hi HJ6153,
Thanks for answering me lot of questions before.
How does your daughter go to school? Does she have school lunch box?
原帖由 HJ6153 於 09-11-25 13:00 發表
I got a quick reply to confirm acceptacne of my daughter from school last year, it takes within 1 week only after interview.

Shiuchen, congradulation to your son be one of the students of Gigamind.   ...

醒目開學勳章

9#
發表於 09-11-26 14:30 |只看該作者
Hi shiuchen,

My girl is going to be 7 years old at early next year, she is a bit older if compared with her classmates.

To be frank, the higher school fee was once my major concern ( both my husband and I are not civil servants. ), but I do love Gigamind's small class teaching, less homework ( save me $$ on joining outside "功課班" ) while having good secon result... etc.  
Though I don't know will I change my mind one day but now its worth...

I don't use the school bus services, however, You can phone the school for school bus details.

原帖由 shiuchen 於 09-11-26 12:38 發表

Hihi,
So glad to know you. How old is your daughter?
It's quite a puzzle for me  when I had to make the decision. However, I found that the school has very good reputation when I todl friends that my son was accepted by Gigamind.
Sorry that I still have some question:
Do you really think it is worth to pay such a high school fee ?
Do you have the school bus schedule? we live in Tsing Lung Tau (Castle peak road), do you know the pick up and drop down time?

Thanks a lot.

10#
發表於 09-11-26 14:40 |只看該作者
same here, we have no education allowance too. >"<
your daughter is studying P.1 now?
my son just likes the school after having interview with Principal Chan.
it is a kind of magic, my son does not like speaking english, but after he knows that he will study in Gigamind, he starts to speak in Engish with us...
Thanks a lot, I will check with the office later on.
I am thinking to move to Tin Shui Wai , but don't know much about this district...
are you working mom?

原帖由 CML2006 於 09-11-26 14:30 發表
Hi shiuchen,

My girl is going to be 7 years old at early next year, she is a bit older if compared with her classmates.

To be frank, the higher school fee was once my major concern ( both my husband ...

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 09-11-27 10:40 |只看該作者
It sounds good that your son starts to speak more english.

Yes, my girl is studying P.1 now, and we live in Yuen Long town.

I am a working mom, my husband and I will send our girl to the school in the morning before go to work.  My mother will pick her up from the school in the afternoon.  

原帖由 shiuchen 於 09-11-26 14:40 發表
same here, we have no education allowance too. >"<
your daughter is studying P.1 now?
my son just likes the school after having interview with Principal Chan.
it is a kind of magic, my son does not li ...

12#
發表於 09-11-29 08:32 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 09-12-3 17:21 |只看該作者
Hi Shiuchen

Sorry for my late reply as I am not always online.

We take the free shuttle bus around 15 minutes from Locwood Court , very convenient!  My maid will bring her lunch daily, but sometime she would like to try the school lunch at $27 / days, I'm fine and let her try different type of school lunch.

原帖由 shiuchen 於 09-11-26 12:52 發表
Hi HJ6153,
Thanks for answering me lot of questions before.
How does your daughter go to school? Does she have school lunch box?  

14#
發表於 09-12-4 15:32 |只看該作者
it doesn't matter and thanks a lot for your reply! ^^

原帖由 HJ6153 於 09-12-3 17:21 發表
Hi Shiuchen

Sorry for my late reply as I am not always online.

We take the free shuttle bus around 15 minutes from Locwood Court , very convenient!  My maid will bring her lunch daily, but sometime  ...

15#
發表於 09-12-6 12:54 |只看該作者

content of the interview

Hi, all mums,

I've just applied for P1. Would you please kindly share the content of the interview?

I am afriad that my son would be too timid to talk to the headmaster(a stranger).

Thanks a lot.

16#
發表於 09-12-6 13:55 |只看該作者
面試那天,先由孩子見校長,校長給小朋友做一些心理題,又給一些圖片,要用英文說出來.
也問小朋友在那裡讀書,住那裡等等.
然後校長叫小朋友畫畫,留下小朋友在校長室,他出來請家長入去.
跟家長的對是中文的.
他問家長為什麼選擇這所學校,知不知道學校的教學模式.又問平日親子的方式.小朋友有什麼強/弱項.

簡單得來很全面.
對話的時候,校長經常看看小朋友的動靜,還問孩子畫的是什麼.
孩子畫好,覺得無聊,我便叫孩子寫些字在畫上面.

加油喔!

校長說我的孩子表現很好,但他擔心我們住得太遠.
他還說透過他的測驗,他知道那些孩子是適合用英文教學的,你的孩子英文好嗎?
原帖由 wingszesze 於 09-12-6 12:54 發表
Hi, all mums,

I've just applied for P1. Would you please kindly share the content of the interview?

I am afriad that my son would be too timid to talk to the headmaster(a stranger).

Thanks a lot. ...

17#
發表於 09-12-6 16:02 |只看該作者
Thank you very much for your quick reply.

My son knows a lot of vocabulary items but he does not have much confidence to speak English. He studies in a normal kindergarten. He was good at English before he was a K1 kid. But once he told me that his teacher did not allow him to say 'purple' in English. Maybe that's due to the mothertongue policy applied in kindergartens.
I wanted to help him to change to another one but at last he studies till now. He keeps on joining English courses outside.  

I really hope that he can study in an English primary school.  I hope that he will be happy in small classes.  We will try our best for the interview. Thanks again.

18#
發表於 09-12-7 13:53 |只看該作者
You're welcome.
Wish you all the best! ^^
原帖由 wingszesze 於 09-12-6 16:02 發表
Thank you very much for your quick reply.

My son knows a lot of vocabulary items but he does not have much confidence to speak English. He studies in a normal kindergarten. He was good at English bef ...

19#
發表於 10-1-5 19:31 |只看該作者
My son will study here in coming September and I paid the deposit yesterday. I really want him to learn independently, creatively and happily under less pressure. Thank you all mums here.

20#
發表於 10-1-6 15:46 |只看該作者
Yeah!
Keep in touch, ok?!
^^
原帖由 wingszesze 於 10-1-5 19:31 發表
My son will study here in coming September and I paid the deposit yesterday. I really want him to learn independently, creatively and happily under less pressure. Thank you all mums here.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題