密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 放棄K1學位難決定...
查看: 4446|回覆: 28
go

放棄K1學位難決定... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-17 13:59 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
本人仔仔考入了根德, sc and 樂基(KL) 08/09 K1, 仔仔比較creative and pretty like western teacher;  本人最緊要學校教得好, 升小一前景好! 有無人可幫忙, 給些忠肯意見?  Thank you!
   0    0    0    0
SBW

29#
發表於 08-5-1 08:52 |只看該作者
I only know some kids will study Kentville in the morning/pm and International kinder in the am/afternoon (kids just playing and learning English there).  For HKPS & St. Cat, doesnt worth taking these 2 at the same time as both will have homework.

I dont think kids will be bored even they learned ABC before, coz each school has different approach.  Same as Primary 1 = K.3 revision, students learned before but still wont get full score.

原文章由 gundum 於 08-5-1 03:15 發表
Maybe like some of the parents having the kid takes 2 schools
am - HKPS
pm - St. Cat

or vice versa

But one thing u need to make sure that your child gets easy to adapt a new environment otherwise  ...

[ 本文章最後由 鳳梨 於 08-5-1 10:50 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 08-5-1 03:15 |只看該作者
Maybe like some of the parents having the kid takes 2 schools
am - HKPS
pm - St. Cat

or vice versa

But one thing u need to make sure that your child gets easy to adapt a new environment otherwise it takes a few weeks to get to the new environment and then u may think that the new school is not a good kind.

[ 本文章最後由 gundum 於 08-5-1 03:18 編輯 ]

27#
發表於 08-4-30 16:50 |只看該作者
KV, I know their Chinese is the best and Chinese Maths too.  SC just totally different.  English and Eng Maths.  However, I didn't choose KV.  I wish I made a good decision for my son.  

Is your kids studying SC?  Which campus?  I'm Norfork Rd. morning international class.

原文章由 Furbymao 於 08-4-30 16:14 發表
"論名氣HKPS真係唔夠人, 英文唔及st. cat好, 學術又唔夠根德黎.."

couldn't agree more
SBW

26#
發表於 08-4-30 16:44 |只看該作者
Yes, 10 student from K1 got admitted to CCKG.  I think it's true...  Anyway I need to know more about SC now.  Kids would learn alphabet and simple vocab in K1 right?  I'm afraid that my son would feel boring wor...  any comments?  Do you have kids studing SC?

原文章由 鳳梨 於 08-4-30 15:56 發表
I've never heard it too and I wont believe in it as CCKG only accept around 70 no. students, dont think HKPS will have that high figure to enter to CCKG, 10 out of 70 ????

St. Cat's English curriculu ...
SBW

25#
發表於 08-4-30 16:14 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 鳳梨 的文章

"論名氣HKPS真係唔夠人, 英文唔及st. cat好, 學術又唔夠根德黎.."

couldn't agree more

24#
發表於 08-4-30 15:56 |只看該作者
I've never heard it too and I wont believe in it as CCKG only accept around 70 no. students, dont think HKPS will have that high figure to enter to CCKG, 10 out of 70 ????

St. Cat's English curriculum is very good and overall English standard is quite high.

即如果兩間學校不相伯仲, 咁唯有揀有名氣囉, 論名氣HKPS真係唔夠人, 英文唔及st. cat好, 學術又唔夠根德黎..

原文章由 Furbymao 於 08-4-30 15:14 發表
"....they have more than 10 students got admitted by CCKG"  
really? i've never heard about that

23#
發表於 08-4-30 15:42 |只看該作者

回覆 #3 SBW 的文章

While all those comments I mention here only reflect part (and a very small part) of my perception and knowing of the relevant schools, I firmly believe you have your own picture of them too.

If you're not comfortable with SC, you won't be contented if you send your child to study there.  Your deadline is 2.5.2008,right?

While I noted the unhappy experience you had with SC, a friend of mine had a long chat with SC's teacher not long ago (her child got admitted to K1 already) who talked a lot with them, explaining in great details about the school, toured them around the campus for over one whole hour. My friend said she fully felt the teacher's enthusiasm for children education.

[ 本文章最後由 Furbymao 於 08-4-30 15:53 編輯 ]

22#
發表於 08-4-30 15:14 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 SBW 的文章

"....they have more than 10 students got admitted by CCKG"  
really? i've never heard about that

21#
發表於 08-4-30 14:46 |只看該作者
Any specific point?

原文章由 鳳梨 於 08-4-30 13:56 發表
I will vote St. Cat. HKPS is good but not better than SC.
SBW

20#
發表於 08-4-30 14:44 |只看該作者
I agreed of you but base on the ratio (to a good school or K3 --> Band 1 P1), HKPS might be higher than SC.  Of course SC would have more student then HKPS but my friend's son in K1, she told me that at K1, they have more than 10 students got admitted by CCKG.  That's a pretty high ratio wor.  Also K3, HKPS have 8-9 boys got admitted to DBS out of about 40 boys.  Others got admitted to Ying Wah, St. Frances, etc.  That's pretty attractive...

For me, I likes both kgs!  SC is very famous.  However, my son is studying pre-nursary at HKPS and if I change to SC K1, things that I don't like is to repeat alphabets, simple vocab. and draw lines, etc...  For student who goes to K1 from pre-nursary at HKPS, as I know, they'll be organised into 1 special class and they not really need to repeat things that have learnt and that's pretty attractive too!  What do you think?

原文章由 Furbymao 於 08-4-30 10:47 發表
SBW,
I agreed that every parent’s perspective about kgs are different.
就算讀同一間學校, 每個學生的遭遇同結果都會好吾同.
Hence, despite all the comments you’ve heard, you just choose the one you  ...
SBW

19#
發表於 08-4-30 13:56 |只看該作者
I will vote St. Cat. HKPS is good but not better than SC.

18#
發表於 08-4-30 10:47 |只看該作者

回覆 #3 SBW 的文章

SBW,
I agreed that every parent’s perspective about kgs are different.
就算讀同一間學校, 每個學生的遭遇同結果都會好吾同.
Hence, despite all the comments you’ve heard, you just choose the one you think is the best for your child.  If HKPS seems the best for you, why not go for it?  i think you've already made up your mind.

With plenty of parent friends in HKPS and SC, hence I know those students’ performance in kgs and primary.  Of course, there may be some HKPS graduates very標青 in primary that I don’t know, and every year, HKPS will have some graduates admitted to DBS.

Maybe pure coincidence, the “group of friends” I know in SC, over a dozen (really over 10) of the students in the same K3 class got admitted to P1 of DGJS/DBS/Ying Wa, etc. in the coming Sept. Of course, SC has so many students that it is not at all surprising that some do not get a “good place”.

I swear I’m not拗頸, but that’s really what I heard. I know a parent whose son studied in HKPS for K1 to K3, the mammy told me 好後悔入左樂基 and that if she could choose again, she would definitely not choose HKPS for him.  
Again, individual incidents, maybe !!

17#
發表於 08-4-29 20:58 |只看該作者
So how about the location of the HKPS, do they need to move?

16#
發表於 08-4-29 20:05 |只看該作者
原文章由 SBW 於 08-4-29 17:14 發表
Dear Furbymao,

Really appreciate for all your info!  Thank you!  I want to how many kids do you have?  Age?  School and KG (previous or current)?  Sorry to ask that much!  How do you know that HKPS s ...

Hi SBW,

你好,首先我想講明,我相信任何幼稚園都會有人話好,有人話唔好~~~

我個仔今年都考左三間幼稚園,其中兩間同你一樣,根德園同九龍塘樂基,我已經決定九月比個仔讀樂基K1~~~

至於SC,我無報考,不過我有個舊同事個仔讀緊SC K3,早幾個星期我同佢聚舊,佢以前都好積極叫我個仔報考SC,但係今次佢同我講好後悔讀SC,因為佢個仔一間小學都考唔到,佢仲話佢個仔果班無一個同學考到名校~~~

以上只係我同事o既一個經歷,我相信只係個別例子~~~

15#
發表於 08-4-29 17:14 |只看該作者
Dear Furbymao,

Really appreciate for all your info!  Thank you!  I want to how many kids do you have?  Age?  School and KG (previous or current)?  Sorry to ask that much!  How do you know that HKPS students at Primary is not that 標青?  So, SC stucents performs better at Primary?

For the maths, SC and HKPS, which one's better?  Time remaining is so short for me now.  Many of my friends likes HKPS and also due to their background...

原文章由 Furbymao 於 08-4-25 13:56 發表
SBW,

Happy to share with you the info I gathered.

All along SC’s English standard is good, they teach phonics and have NETs too, not Indians
For PTH, their PTH standard is not bad, esp. for their ...
SBW

14#
發表於 08-4-29 17:05 |只看該作者
Then I also think KM is suitable to your son.

原文章由 olima 於 08-4-25 09:08 發表
Hi SBW,

My son's alternative is Keen Mind (KM), not KV.

The adv of KM is the smaller teacher/student ratio (2:24) than HKPS (2:30) which may fit timid boys like my son, but HKPS has higher reputati ...
SBW

13#
發表於 08-4-25 21:14 |只看該作者

回覆 #8 SBW 的文章

SBW,

Have you made your mind? I also have a dilemma of choosing SC or HKPS and I have already given up KV.

We have to make our decision before 2 May, right?

12#
發表於 08-4-25 13:56 |只看該作者

回覆 #3 SBW 的文章

SBW,

(SBW, u've seen my comments here and i think they no longer need to be kept here =B)

[ 本文章最後由 Furbymao 於 08-4-30 10:15 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 08-4-25 11:02 |只看該作者
SBW,

For your choices, i think both HKPS and SC are good for your kid.

If you are looking for "a big family" style KG, HKPS is even better and its reputation is good enough while SC is having longer history with high reputation, so you think it is a pity to give up the seat at SC...

Anyway, once you make your choice, believe yourself and go ahead.

原文章由 SBW 於 08-4-24 18:10 發表
Pls don't save your comments coz I'd like to know.  About SC and HKPS, both are good kg and that's why it's difficult to make choice.  I also feel sad to make this choice coz SC is so famous.  However ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題