搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Give up Victoria and choose Learning Habitat
發新帖
查看: 1346|回覆: 7
go

Give up Victoria and choose Learning Habitat [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-23 09:19 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
My daughter had registrated with Victoria (HG) PM class already. But she get an offer from Learing Habitat (HL) PM class yesterday. Still thinking about which one to take. Anyone facing the same problem?
   2    0    0    0

8#
發表於 09-5-25 13:47 |只看該作者
Hi leungsiukin, NET is native english teacher

Hi train, i've similar situation as you.  Accepted by victoria HG AM, finally selected LH PM (was accepted in first round).  Which LH campus you're talking about? Mine is TY.

7#
發表於 09-5-25 00:32 |只看該作者
what does NET mean? I live in HG and haved register my son to Victoria's playgroup, I would like to register with LH as a backup

6#
發表於 09-5-24 23:42 |只看該作者
We decided to take LH after thinking about it for 2 nights. Your comments seem support my decision. The quality of the teachers and the language are more concern for me than the physical environment and the famousness. For the primary school allocation, I've studied the lists from both kindergartens and my conclusion is beside Victoria and its own primary school there is no particular association between each kindergarten with particular primary school. I think its more the kid's own performance.

To eggmama,
My daughter was born in May/07. Victoria accepted her in the first round interview and we have done the registration (paid 1st month school fee, bought uniform, books...) in early 5/09.
She is on waiting list of LH after the interview in March and the school just call me on Fri that they can offer us a place.

5#
發表於 09-5-24 23:07 |只看該作者
it's good that you can make a final decision.

[ 本帖最後由 fishmaruko 於 09-5-25 13:58 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 09-5-24 19:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 train 於 09-5-23 13:04 發表

1. Environment:
- Victoria***: more clean and new
- LH*: Even when I visit LH before the influenza outbreak they check temp and give alcohol  hand gel to every kid enerting ...

1. Environment:
- LHK: LV campus is very nice.

2. Teachers:
- LHK: NET are Westerners (80%, 20% ABC).  Mandarin teachers (100% Native speakers)

3. Language:
- LHK: has Eng/PTH class in K1 or Eng/ Cantonese + 2 Mardarin lesson per week

4. Primary school allocation:
- LHK: Most of the LHK parents will try DSS/ private schools.  Some LHK K3 pupils are also admitted to very good traditional DSS/ PS, e.g. DGS, , SPCCPS, Good Hope, Ying Wa...

3#
發表於 09-5-24 06:17 |只看該作者
Why you know the result so early? Your kid is a big boy/girl? If you focus on language (ENG/PTH), I think LH is better that Vic HG. I went to interview with my small B yesterday, many school teachers spoke PTH or ENG, Vic only has 1 PTH teacher. LH's arrangement was good too, I am confident at their management which would affect the teaching quality.

2#
發表於 09-5-23 13:04 |只看該作者
Comparing the two schools:
1. Environment:
- Victoria***: more clean and new
- LH*: Even when I visit LH before the influenza outbreak they check temp and give alcohol  hand gel to every kid enerting the school

2. Teachers:
- Victoria**: English teachers are ABC
- LH***: NET are Westerners

3. Language:
- Victoria**: trilingual K1
- LH***: has Eng/PTH class in K1

4. Primary school allocation:
- Victoria**: mainly to Victoria Primary School, other schools just a few and some only 1 student
- LH**: several DSS or PS, but not traditional famous primary schools
‹ 上一主題|下一主題