搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Headache--How to choose
發新帖
查看: 1336|回覆: 5
go

Headache--How to choose [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-6-3 11:16 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
My friend has held CKY and Tsung Tsin on hand. Yesterday, his daughter was assigned to Canossian Holy Family-Kowloon City through Central Allocation. Not too bad, right?

Yet he found it very difficult to choose as in consideration of the way of education, loading of homework  , distance from residence and school fee....

He lives in Kowloon Tong. Can afford paying school fee of CKY and Tsung Tsin. Like their language enviroment.

However, the reason for his con for Holy Family is (1) near where he lives which saves a lot of time on traffic for both the kid and parents.  (2) Reputation of the school is good. (3) Government school-no school fee.
The only pro is worry about homework loading.  He heard that an average of 3-4 hours is needed to finish the homework everyday. Will it be too heavy for a P.1 student? He has no idea whether this is true or not. Could any parent of this school advise us with the updated situation?  If this worry is clarify, I suppose he will choose Holy Family.
Many Many thanks!!
   0    0    0    0

6#
發表於 12-6-3 21:29 |只看該作者
You are welcome.

It is my gut feeling as I don't have kids studying in TT.  (And I guess you are talking about main stream, not international stream, right?)  If it also needs to go for the secondary school competition, TSA, 呈分試, etc.,  it will still need to push the academic standard.   Even though there may not be much traditional homework, there will be projects, or other assignments which parents' involvement is inevitable.   (You may refer to the TT topic where more people are talking about the workload.  And you may ask more advice from those TT parents.)

On the other hand, CKY is on the IB route, and has its own secondary school, so the pressure will be different from the traditional main stream ones.  Of course, I always believe that no pain no gain.  I also heard that some CKY kids find pressure with their project assignments.  So anyway it really depends on the personality of your kid.

Hope it helps.  And would any parents from TT or HF can share?

5#
發表於 12-6-3 16:39 |只看該作者
回復 gifthoney 的帖子

Thanks for your comment.
Why you have the impression that the homework load of Tsung Tsin is almost the same as Holy Family?
I was told that Tsung Tsin is "happy learning" and expect less assignment to the students.
To me, it's of major concern as I don't want to push and "fight" with my daughter everyday!

4#
發表於 12-6-3 11:44 |只看該作者

回覆:UncleGrand 的帖子

My friend daughter was in HF P.1, she grad from 靈糧幼稚園,and she are not able to adopt to the school in the first school term, almost fail in all dictation and test, my friend and her daughter tried very hard to catch up and her daughter is doing well in school now.  The point is if your kid is study in a very hea kinder that it may be hard for her to adopt to HF which is a very traditional school (actually all "Canossa" school are really harsh).

However, HF is a really good school in terms of academic and student conduct, my sister in law is grad from HF college, most of her classmate are professional ( doctors, lawyers and accountants).

The only disadvantage is HF is not a thru' train to secondary.

3#
發表於 12-6-3 11:37 |只看該作者
If homework loading is a concern, I will choose CKY.

I guess the workload for Holy Family and Tsung Tsin will not differ much.

2#
發表於 12-6-3 11:32 |只看該作者
學校出名好當然係成績好成績好當然讀得辛苦同多功課!必然。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題