密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 嶺南2010N1上午斑嘅媽咪一齊傾下丫 ~
樓主: Twinboys08
go

嶺南2010N1上午斑嘅媽咪一齊傾下丫 ~ [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-2-26 14:40 |只看該作者
我岩岩同我個皮膚醫生(佢好出名的)傾開,佢對仔女都係讀嶺南幼稚園,兩個都入咗聖保羅男女,個細仔仲係校內資優生,佢 highly recommend嶺南...

22#
發表於 10-3-2 11:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 CoffeeCake 於 10-2-26 13:58 發表
我係指赤柱果間聖士堤反男女小學

CoffeCake – thanks.
Heard that
聖士提反小學
is good and hard to admit too.
Am I correct?

23#
發表於 10-3-2 11:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 jor_mankiu 於 10-2-26 14:40 發表
我岩岩同我個皮膚醫生(佢好出名的)傾開,佢對仔女都係讀嶺南幼稚園,兩個都入咗聖保羅男女,個細仔仲係校內資優生,佢 highly recommend嶺南...

Thanks for your sharing.
Could you pls explain further why your doctor highly recommend Lingnan Kindergarten?
E.g. Caring teachers, happy school life, bright primary route (good P1 allocation).
Frankly, his reputation is good enough to put his kids to
聖保羅男女小學.

24#
發表於 10-3-3 15:11 |只看該作者
嶺南呢個星期六有家長會, 有無媽咪會去啊?

25#
發表於 10-3-3 17:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-3-3 15:11 發表
嶺南呢個星期六有家長會, 有無媽咪會去啊?

我報咗名, 但個家長會似乎係比新生
+ 舊生的家長一同參加, 原來嶺南小學係私立, 學費要$30,000+(一年).
而且好多人都話嶺南係讀得開心, 但程度比較淺, 因為主要以廣東話教學, 真係有好有唔好。
你去唔去個家長會呀!

26#
發表於 10-3-4 01:39 |只看該作者

Sat meeting 2010

i probably will attend the meeting in this coming sat, thinking of bringing my son or not, he has been accepted by LN 2010 N1 am class, hope to c u^_^

27#
發表於 10-3-4 11:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 luvachan 於 10-3-4 01:39 發表
i probably will attend the meeting in this coming sat, thinking of bringing my son or not, he has been accepted by LN 2010 N1 am class, hope to c u^_^

I called the school yesterday.
They suggested not to go with kids for the talk (no playing area will open on that day).

28#
發表於 10-3-4 21:48 |只看該作者
I'll go to the talk on Saturday. They suggest not to bring kids.

My doctor said it's a very happy school. He was comparing Lingnan with 寶山. He decided to send his kids to Lingnan rather than 寶山 because it's much cheaper. But I think he was just joking. I'm sure cost is not an issue for him at all. He drives rolls royce!!! But he didn't explain in detail why he chose Lingnan.

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-3-4 11:28 發表

I called the school yesterday.
They suggested not to go with kids for the talk (no playing area will open on that day).

29#
發表於 10-3-4 21:51 |只看該作者
And one more thing. My friend's sister sent her two elder sons to 寶山 , but at the end decided to quit and send her younger daughter to Lingnan. Her daughter got admitted to CCKG after studying at Lingnan for 2 years.

30#
發表於 10-3-4 23:03 |只看該作者
我去不到星期六家長會,因我要工作,你們聽完可否post出來分享thanks

31#
發表於 10-3-5 18:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 jor_mankiu 於 10-3-4 21:51 發表
And one more thing. My friend's sister sent her two elder sons to 寶山 , but at the end decided to quit and send her younger daughter to Lingnan. Her daughter got admitted to CCKG after studying at Li ...

I see.  Seems many people agreed that Lingnan is a happy school.  However, I'm a bit worries of their programme is too simple and relax.  For sure our kids need to study very hard if change to some famous P1 school.

32#
發表於 10-3-8 12:00 |只看該作者
我聽咗3月6日個talk, 覺得陸博士講得幾好(不過好長氣), 亦更加肯定嶺南幼兒/幼稚園係以”廣東話/開心”教學為大前題。 我想仔仔讀得開心, 但真係有d担心佢地係語言上的競爭力。   陸博士話5歲前應以母語教學, 但有好多research都話0-6歲係幼嬰的語言黃金期, 5歲後先谷英文會唔會太遲呢?  有d家庭可以請私人 net教英文更係無問題啦, 但唔係人人可以負擔到嗎?  

仲有似乎大部份佢地的幼稚園畢業生都係升去其他小學, 雖然陸博士話今年有52個K3學生交咗留位費, 但肯定好多都係等派位結果而買定個保險.  真係都唔知讀唔讀嶺南好呢?

33#
發表於 10-3-9 10:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-2-23 11:44 發表
Twinsmummy – SPN is good but competition is very keen.  May I know your twins are girl or boy?  I did not consider SPN as St. Paul Convent is a primary/secondary school for girl only.   As far as I k ...

Sorry for my late reply.  Have been very busy at work.  Good luck with your son's interview this month also!  My twins are girls so they will apply for interview at SPN.  Competition will be strong so we are not hoping they will get an interview or get accepted (need 2 of the 60 spots....like winning lottery).  

I also went to the talk last Saturday.  It was good to understand the school better.  I agree the teachers are very polite, professional and caring.  I am concern about their curriculum being too easy (naturally, happy kids).  They said there's only 1 class per grade which means most of the 140kids starting in Nursery will be gone by K3.  1 class is 20 or less!!!!  Where did all the students go?  I heard St Paul's co ed does take Lingnan kids.  Is that true?

34#
發表於 10-3-9 14:20 |只看該作者
我都有去星期六個talk, 陸博士個教學理念係有距嘅道理, 但都好視乎每對父母想用咩方法培育自己子女; 我同C6 都唔想咁早就谷到對仔咁辛苦, 2歲幾人仔已經咁多工課, 我地想距响開心歡樂嘅環境習慣返學嘅形式, 加上N1我覺得真係集中主力俾小朋友學自理同去習慣群體生活, 而用母語去教學亦係我想嘅, 因為我個兩個仔依家徧向講英文, 第一年我想距地轉番"台"先...咁當然我都有擔心距地程度比較淺, 所以我會繼續報其他幼稚園in K1, 入到心儀嘅我就唔會晌嶺南讀幼稚園咁囉 ~

題外話, 當我聽陸博士講說時我都幾意外, 意外嘅係距個人表達同組織技巧, 有D亂, 講下呢度突然跳去個度, 不過我朋友話唔係距負責教米得囉 ~ 同埋我有D擔心距地嘅英文教學, 個英文主任就好純正英國口音, 但距地有個英文老師係印度人, D英文有好重嘅印度口音, 呢一方面我好有保留 ~

35#
發表於 10-3-9 14:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-3-9 14:20 發表
我都有去星期六個talk, 陸博士個教學理念係有距嘅道理, 但都好視乎每對父母想用咩方法培育自己子女; 我同C6 都唔想咁早就谷到對仔咁辛苦, 2歲幾人仔已經咁多工課, 我地想距响開心歡樂嘅環境習慣返學嘅形式, 加上N1我 ...

Hi Twinboys, we had the same concern.  I asked the teacher if one of the parents can remain talking in English to the kids and she said NO.  EVERYONE needs to switch channel.  Hmmmm, will try try lah.  Honestly, by the time they interview for K1, they would have been in Lingnan for only 2-3 months.  Do you think that will be enough for them to be more fluent in Cantonese?

I remember your sons got into So Jit.  Will you choose that school?

36#
發表於 10-3-9 15:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-3-9 14:56 發表

Hi Twinboys, we had the same concern.  I asked the teacher if one of the parents can remain talking in English to the kids and she said NO.  EVERYONE needs to switch channel.  Hmmmm, will try try la ...

Hello twinsmummy, my boys didn't get accept by So Chit...as honestly they didn't perform well during the interview; but will try again for K1. I'm okay with LN now is because they'll focus in Cantonese during N1, as I said, my boys do understand Cantonese but tend to reply all in English. I'd like them to switch back their channel to Cantonese first, then pick up English again.

I do agree with Dr Luk that Cantonese is more difficult to learn compare to any other language...

I saw your reply in other post that LN accepted your twins to their PM class, right?

37#
發表於 10-3-9 16:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-3-9 15:29 發表

Hello twinsmummy, my boys didn't get accept by So Chit...as honestly they didn't perform well during the interview; but will try again for K1. I'm okay with LN now is because they'll focus in Canton ...

yes, my girls got accepted into the PM class as we applied too late so only PM class was available (silly mommy).  I want them to take AM class naturally so the teacher advised me to apply for full-day class as AM class tends to stay full but not full-day.  We still need to decide.  Will you apply to any more schools?

38#
發表於 10-3-9 16:25 |只看該作者
Hi Twinsboy 08 – does it mean you’ve confirmed to put your twins in Lingnan PN (AM class)?  Most likely I will put my son in their AM Class too (though I haven’t made the final decision to put him in KCS or Lingnan), hope they can be the classmates in coming Sept.  My strategy is same as your, may be let them have happy school life in PN first, then apply others kinders for them in coming Sept.   In term of P1 allocation, do you think Lingnan is better than KCS (蘇浙)?   

BTW, where do you live (guess I did ask you before)?

Hi Twinsmummy – how about you?  Will you put your twins in Lingnan?

39#
發表於 10-3-9 17:06 |只看該作者
Hello sh_yip, yes, I've confirmed to put the boys to LN PN as not interested in any more school interviews for the time being. Except for their curriculum, I've never heard of any negative comments about this schoo. Since curriculum is not my main concern for PN, therefore just let the boys to enjoy a happy school life first. More tough years will come anyway. About P1 allocation, I haven't done any research yet, but I guess for KCS also get chances to get into good school around North Point, Tin hau area as there're many famous school also. What are you considering between LN and KCS? I know KCS accepted your son also, then what's your concern? I was KCS alumni but didn't make any difference for my boys....too bad their performance was not good on interview day ~

I live in Happy valley ah.

Hello twinsmummy, I will not apply anymore PN school as I think LN is pretty good for the first year. As I said, will try other kinder later on ~

40#
發表於 10-3-9 17:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-3-9 16:25 發表
Hi Twinsboy 08 – does it mean you’ve confirmed to put your twins in Lingnan PN (AM class)?  Most likely I will put my son in their AM Class too (though I haven’t made the final decision to put him  ...

We like Lingnan's philosophy but we still have interview with Victoria and maybe SPN.  If more choices, then we will need to decide.  Right now, only 1 school accepted them (1 out of 2) so no choice lah....hahahahh
‹ 上一主題|下一主題