發表於 09-10-9 16:09 |只看該作者
e-principal,  silvia_ng,

Quick Action woh !!

無咁誇張 !

502#
發表於 09-10-9 17:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-10-9 16:01 發表

我覺得台灣的兒童圖書和文字書, 絕對比大多數hk的寫得好, 措辭適合, 優美.
(何紫, 君比, 何巧嬋等的書除外, 當然還有些本地作家, 但普遍來說, 台灣的好看又適合小朋友看的書比hk多)

很羨慕你, 有親人可以幫你買到 ...

當然可以啦! 你有需要就話我知, 不過要d時間。我家姐會group埋一齊幫我寄平既運輸。再唔係我地d小朋友可以交換圖書睇...或者呢個機會, 可以吸引我仔仔睇多d中文書呢 (但我既書都比較大本呢...可能唔方便攞返學。

我地剛剛三月去完台灣, 去左大溪花海農場, 有花有動物, 真係好靚。之後再去baby boss玩...5日之旅最尾一日先走去買書, 買完之後要去買袋...因為真係裝唔哂呢....

我上次家姐幫我買左本叫"偷書賊"...好好睇呢....

503#
發表於 09-10-9 17:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 silvia_ng 於 09-10-9 17:19 發表

當然可以啦! 你有需要就話我知, 不過要d時間。我家姐會group埋一齊幫我寄平既運輸。再唔係我地d小朋友可以交換圖書睇...或者呢個機會, 可以吸引我仔仔睇多d中文書呢 (但我既書都比較大本呢...可能唔方便 ...

你找你姐姐替你買:
童書久久, 第1,2,3冊
裡面介紹很多經典之作,
每冊好像介紹99本童書
hk買這幾本都好貴

同埋買所有台灣書都好貴

但奈何我鐘意擁有 .....

去圖書館借書,
我會用jif 洗完書面
先俾個仔看
因他會放在床上

504#
發表於 09-10-9 18:58 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

Thanks a lot again for your good sharing on Chinese books.  It's a good hints for Chinese reading scheme.

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-10-9 17:31 發表

你找你姐姐替你買:
童書久久, 第1,2,3冊
裡面介紹很多經典之作,
每冊好像介紹99本童書
hk買這幾本都好貴

同埋買所有台灣書都好貴

但奈何我鐘意擁有 .....

去圖書館借書,
我會用jif 洗完書 ...

505#
發表於 09-10-9 22:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 SueBeeCheung 於 09-10-9 18:58 發表
Bluestar,

Thanks a lot again for your good sharing on Chinese books.  It's a good hints for Chinese reading scheme.

e-Principal and everybody,

I've temporarily cleared my debts re reading list I hope.  Give me a yell when you run out of books for Little Angels and Reading Superman !

506#
發表於 09-10-9 22:57 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

Well done!!  

Intentionally, I did not remind you about this again and see how it goes.
Glad to see that your dementia is now under control, though it’s somewhat later than expected. 

Judging from the volume of books you recommend, I don’t think I need to give you another yell before P6!!  

However, I am afraid that there will be a lot more yelling from other parents of junior grades from now on.  

Have a wonderful weekend!!   

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-10-9 22:19 發表

e-Principal and everybody,

I've temporarily cleared my debts re reading list I hope.  Give me a yell when you run out of books for Little Angels and Reading Superman !

507#
發表於 09-10-9 23:28 |只看該作者
e-P,

Both the P1-2 list and the P3+ list should be sufficient to last 1.5y.

508#
發表於 09-10-9 23:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-10-9 17:31 發表

你找你姐姐替你買:
童書久久, 第1,2,3冊
裡面介紹很多經典之作,
每冊好像介紹99本童書
hk買這幾本都好貴

同埋買所有台灣書都好貴

但奈何我鐘意擁有 .....

去圖書館借書,
我會用jif 洗完書 ...

http://www.kingstone.com.tw/book/book_page.asp?LID=se008&kmcode=2018591837934&Actid=wise&partner=

呢本嗎?台灣買都好平喎....
我地上次買到有誠品既vip卡...應該可以再平d....嘻嘻...

你有書需要嗎? 如果要買唔洗客氣呀! 我以前都係幫幼稚園既同學仔媽咪買既。

509#
發表於 09-10-9 23:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-10-9 14:34 發表
5,6年前,我曾經臨睡前說三只小豬和大壞狼的故事, 邊說邊扮演小豬壞狼, 和他做一場戲, 他至今還肯這樣子玩, 百聽玩不厭. 還有goldilocks and the three bears, 晚上告訴我老師當天說了這個故事, 接著在書裡找到這故事==>他便肯看.

呢本我地買左三隻小狼和大壞豬....丑角轉左係隻豬。等佢地學識唔好以貌取人同埋學想辦法解難。(因為隻衰豬用好多"現代"方法想拆佢地既屋, 都幾有趣架)
不過兩個小朋友只係肯聽, 唔肯自己睇.... 呀媽要做到好似人格分裂既真人show先至肯收貨

510#
發表於 09-10-10 00:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 silvia_ng 於 09-10-9 23:34 發表

http://www.kingstone.com.tw/book/book_page.asp?LID=se008&kmcode=2018591837934&Actid=wise&partner=

呢本嗎?台灣買都好平喎....
我地上次買到有誠品既vip卡...應該可以再平d....嘻嘻...

你有書需要嗎? 如果 ...

Yes, that's the Book 2.  There's also Bk1 and Bk 3.

May I borrow your VIP card if and when I go to TW ?
Tks in advance !

511#
發表於 09-10-10 12:57 |只看該作者
Wa, havn't come to BK for a while, so much information sharing.

First of all, late "Happy birthday to Tingmum". I think she already received a good present from his son. I think the mark is not important. The most important is the confidence from her son on his own Chinese capability.

Regarding on my son always gets high marks. My tips are:
1. Concentration
- basically he doesn't watch a lot of TV, mainly news report. Also, he doesn't play computer games a lot, too. I think this helps him that he pays pretty high concentration during the class.

2. Preparation
I normally prepare him a little bit advance of the school level.

3. Minimize careless mistakes
I found that all the kids standard are pretty close. But why one can get a higher mark but the other  lower depends on whether he/she is careless or not.  
- I check his homework all the time. If I notice any mistake, I will normally tell him that range of homework he made mistake. He needs to check by himself where and what is the mistake. I always remind him to check check check. So, he normally or used to be made very little mistake. But seems that as he advances, he makes more mistakes also.
Another hint is that I always remind him 3 things maxi. at a time for him to check. e.g. he normally makes 3 kinds of mistake:
- full stop/punctuation
- Capital letter
- "s"
So I only ask him to remember 3 maxi., not more than that.

Lastly, I think all of you know these 2 things -  hardworking and reading more books. That's always true. Actually there are still a lot of areas for my son to improve, especially his creativity. He is good at following but not to create. That could be a big derailer when he grows up.

Anyhow, hope this help.

原帖由 principal 於 09-10-9 14:10 發表
Little_Princess,

TOBS stands for "Test On Basic Skills".

512#
發表於 09-10-10 14:12 |只看該作者
heidikl,

You have pointed out the following 2 key points.

1)        Minimize careless mistakes

-        To be very careful in reading all the questions first before answering them.        
To double check the answers after finishing the work is extremely important.   
But this may apply mainly to junior grades.

2)        Read more books (both English and Chinese books)

-        For senior grades like P4-P6, pupils need to write more with their own words.   
They can write better/longer sentences if they read extensively various types of books and then learn more/better vocabularies/sentences.   
Also, they need to write in a more organized manner.  
Sometimes, they need to be more creative in order to get higher marks in senior grades.

原帖由 heidikl 於 09-10-10 12:57 發表

First of all, late "Happy birthday to Tingmum". I think she already received a good present from his son. I think the mark is not impor ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-10-10 14:14 編輯 ]

513#
發表於 09-10-11 00:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-10-10 00:23 發表

Yes, that's the Book 2.  There's also Bk1 and Bk 3.

May I borrow your VIP card if and when I go to TW ?
Tks in advance !

VIP卡冇問題呀, 不過我要同家姐講聲先, 你地係台灣見面取。 =)
(她住台北既)

514#
發表於 09-10-11 03:35 |只看該作者

回覆 1# silvia_ng 的文章

silvia_ng,
Thanks for your advice on the gifted child.

Principal,
You pointed out an excellent point on the "key of success" for different stages of kids.
My son's strength is helpful in the junior grades but I concern when he grows up.
BTW, I just met with a F.4 St. Joseph boy and he is the top 15 among the Form. He is brilliant, while polite and humble.
He shared with me the tips of good academic result is again extensive reading and hardworking and so I mentioned in the previous email.
Another point he shared is that in order to get good result in Maths, he found that Kumon is the most useful. He learnt Abacus, Selin, Kumon when he was young but quited Kumon when he was P.4. He found that Kumon is the most practical and the most important, now among all those top Maths students are all complete Kumon. Basically they don't need to attend the class as they know everything already. I just wonder if it's because the kids are already excellent  in Maths and so they can complete the whole course of Kumon or Kumon helps them to advance in Maths. Anyhow, my son quited Kumon 5 months ago. Both my son and myself hate to restart Kumon again

Lastly, my   is that my son can get into St. Joseph because of "Kao Kuen effect" and this boy.

515#
發表於 09-10-11 13:40 |只看該作者
heidikl,

Although the competition is very very keen, chance is still there.

There were a total of 5 TSL boys admitted to
St. Joseph in the last 3 school years.

原帖由 heidikl 於 09-10-11 03:35 發表

silvia_ng,
Thanks for your advice on the gifted child.

Principal,
You pointed out an excellent point on the "key of success" for different stages of kids.
My son's strength is helpful in the junior  ...

516#
發表於 09-10-11 14:39 |只看該作者
heidikl & principal,
好多謝你地分享~~

其實我都覺得而家既電視根本唔適合小朋友睇~教壞哂!!真係少看為妙~~

我會試下heidikl的方法,叫她在一個range內find out mistakes~我好多時都係直接講俾佢聽邊到錯~lee個方法的確可訓練佢自己checking~many thanks!!

睇書我就唔擔心既~阿女係好鐘意睇書ga,可能因為我同佢爸爸都係啦,所以佢都被感染~我地好多時搭mtr時,3個齊齊睇書~

另外關於公文我都有d分享既~~我自己曾經做過公文既導師~當時我係教英同數~其實我都覺得數可以唔需要,因為佢只係不斷重覆操練~自己買練習都得啦,用不着花錢學~英文方面,佢套教材其實唔差,循序漸進,但就真係要睇番個別教室既導師,我以前係會幫佢地go through 一至兩次,的確佢地可以學到不少生字,聽說讀寫都能做到~中文(普通話)方面我就冇教,但我知好多教室都係請個北京來的老師教中文,d音好正~但我都係個句,要注意個別教室既導師~我有朋友現在是何文田一間公文的老師,佢話個到既導師都好叻~但係d part-time既就麻麻地~~順帶一提,下個week好似有免費試堂~(我朋加說的,我不是賣廣告)

517#
發表於 09-10-12 11:25 |只看該作者
婥蔚媽咪 heidikl 的學習分享  
b* 是個寶藏, 選書介紹一流!

e-p 生鬼有趣,是大家的心靈雞湯!

這種和諧的分享和鼓勵, 氣氛令人溫暖舒服.

518#
發表於 09-10-12 11:59 |只看該作者
TINGMUM,

Thanks for your compliment.  

Sometimes, I also worry the content of some of my posts might go too far.  
Actually, I have learnt my sense of humour mainly from flostangraphy!!  

Bluestar,

May we know when is the appropriate time for the next “Treasure Hunt”??  

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 09-10-12 11:25 發表

婥蔚媽咪 同 heidikl 的學習分享  
b* 是個寶藏, 選書介紹一流!

e-p 生鬼有趣,是大家的心靈雞湯!

這種和諧的分享和鼓勵, 氣氛令人溫暖舒服. ...

519#
發表於 09-10-12 12:56 |只看該作者
hello heidikl,
welcome back! longtime no see!

原帖由 heidikl 於 10/10/2009 12:57 發表

First of all, late "Happy birthday to Tingmum". I think she already received a good present from his son. I think the mark is not impor ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

520#
發表於 09-10-12 13:03 |只看該作者
dear principal,
頂帽子好高....好高....受不起!!
you are really humble too....

原帖由 principal 於 12/10/2009 11:59 發表
TINGMUM,

Thanks for your compliment.  

Sometimes, I also worry the content of some of my posts might go too far.  
Actually, I have learnt my sense of humour mainly f ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-
‹ 上一主題|下一主題