搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 保良局蔡繼有學校
樓主: voasia
go

保良局蔡繼有學校 [複製鏈接]

541#
發表於 06-7-3 12:46 |只看該作者

Re: 保良局蔡繼有學校

I think CKY will choose the student by their own "standard", I have three friends attend the 1st interview on this year, the first one's school record is below standard, of couse got fail on the 2nd interview.

the second one got quite good school record, but also fail, his mother is quite disappointed.

But the most strange case is, the third child come from overseas, who didn't do/write anything on 1 of the examination paper, but who can get the 2nd interview, what do you think ?

Clementmammy 寫道:
My son was from Kentville, therefore I don't think CKY is choosing child by active school for their preference.

My son's report card in K2 was not PREFECT, mostly B. But I showed the school a lot of activities certificate (Which mean I let my son to attend a lot of different activities). I think that's the reason I can have the second interview.

In the second interview. You need to show to the Headmaster that your child LOVE TO READ and can tell the Headmaster a story that he or she love the most.

It was my own opinion. Hope it might help.

542#
發表於 06-7-3 13:56 |只看該作者

Well, I can tell parents here that “standard” is not a matter of CKY's admission.

When my kid was in P1, the English standard of his classmates varied a lot.  When the school started, the English teacher assigned different levels of books to students for the “English Reading Scheme” in accordance with their standards.  A few students were on high level of 13 – (I think it is equivalent to Level 13 of Oxford Reading tree).   Most of them were between level 8-10, whilst two students were on level 1 (that is, they only know very few English words such as apple and orange).

543#
發表於 06-7-3 14:23 |只看該作者

Dear kunggi201 and other parent

Sorry for sidetracking.

Any suggestion on which kinds of books are suitable for K2 student?  Many thanks.

醒目開學勳章

544#
發表於 06-7-3 14:30 |只看該作者

Chau444,

多謝你的資料, 希望今個星期六聽完簡介會後, 加深對學校既了解.  

545#
發表於 06-7-3 15:07 |只看該作者

kunggi201 寫道:
Well, I can tell parents here that “standard” is not a matter of CKY's admission.

Dear kunggi201,

How long does CKY students take to align their  English standard, or the big gap still exist?

546#
發表於 06-7-4 10:38 |只看該作者

Chocoball 寫道:
Dear kunggi201 and other parent

Sorry for sidetracking.

Any suggestion on which kinds of books are suitable for K2 student?  Many thanks.

There are many good books.  For my kid, he started with Oxford Reading Tree when he was in K1, especially he enjoys the stories of magic key series (from level 5 or 6, I forgot), which I think most kids love to read.

547#
發表於 06-7-4 11:05 |只看該作者

kyliema2006 寫道:
[quote]
kunggi201 寫道:

Dear kunggi201,

How long does CKY students take to align their  English standard, or the big gap still exist?
   [/quote]

The big gap still exists.  At the end of P2, after two years of training on reading (students need to read the books by themselves then read to the teacher at school), the levels are now ranging from 6 to 20.

However, we cannot judge the kids by one single standard, e.g. English.  Those who are low in English level could be good in Chinese, sports or other subjects.   It is not fair to compare kids, so there is no exam in CKY (e.g. 考第幾名), but only assessments.  Kids who are good in English are not necessary the “Best in English” (or Best in Chinese, Best in Putonghu etc) in the monthly reward, but rewards go to those who show their efforts and improvements.

548#
發表於 06-7-4 13:36 |只看該作者

Hi Kunggi201,

You mean, some of the kids started off with level 13 when they were at the year beginning of P1?  That's incredible !

BTW, is those level to be continued when the kids come to P2 ?  I mean it will not be counted afresh from P2, right?

Overall speaking, I like the school very much even with the existing or the upcoming temporary school campus.  However, I have a feeling that most of the CKY students are very simple and innocent 天真無邪. Very, very few would look like 老人精.  This is good in a sense.  But, sometimes, I am a bit worry that they are not mature enough.  I reckon one of the reasons is the school seldom touches on current news with them unlike the 常識科 in traditional schools.  What's your view?

549#
發表於 06-7-4 15:51 |只看該作者

Dear CYCmama

Yes, two classmates started with level 13 at the beginning of P1.  I know that one of them studied in kindergarten in US.  Not sure the background of the other one.

The level is continued when the kids come to P.2.  Like my kid, started from Level 8 in P1, ended at Level 10 or 11 (forgot), and now Level 13 in P2.  Actually I think he, and his classmates can advance the level faster (because they can read many very difficult junior fictions already, like Magic Tree House, The Secrets of Droon, etc). But the problem is the books, which are insufficient.

Well, for those parents who are willing to pay the high school fee to CKY, they should be very caring about their kids, and to some extend, over-caring (溺愛).  Like my kid, he is being looked after by my maid in every aspect, so he is not as independent as other kids of my friends.  And, CKY treats their students like their boss (I was told by a teacher that this is the instruction from the school master), so CKY kids are not mature enough in the sense of looking after themselves, if comparing with the kids in traditional school.

常識科? CKY has…forgot how it calls, a subject like 生活知識??? Which is similar to “life education”.  This is the only subject taught in Cantonese.  Let me find out the exact name later.

550#
發表於 06-7-4 15:57 |只看該作者

Hi kunggi201,
Would you tell me how many text books would be used in P1 level?
Thanks!

551#
發表於 06-7-4 19:31 |只看該作者

Hi Kunggi201,

You mean moral education?  I reckon this is more on life education as you said teaching one to be a good citizen...  Perhaps, sometimes, they would touch on news if it has something to do with the subject.  But it seems to be different from 常識科 which focuses on knowledge around us like how to prevent from contacting Avian flu...

In fact, I don't appreciate too much if teachers really treat the kids or even parents as boss.  At the end of the day, education is not exactly a commodity that is sold on the shelf.  When this concept goes together with the ever-escalating consumerism, it produces unreasonable requests.

You are quite right that the availability of books is a problem.  My kid started off in year beginning of level 4 (?) and she was staying in the range of level 8 or 9 for quite some time because of lack of books and my kid was not so proactive in changing the book as well (?).  However, in the 2nd half year, the teacher say she would like to move my kid quicker as my kid should be capable of doing it.  Then, she is now at level 14.

552#
發表於 06-7-4 23:42 |只看該作者

CYCmama,

當小朋友長大的時候,性格也會慢慢改变,玩耍的時侯也許仍然天真開朗。但是當他們正经起來,表現比很多成年人還要出色,看看上星期的 Fund Raising Concert 就了解了。他們同學之間的交往,也會分享成年人世界裡的話題,也

553#
發表於 06-7-5 11:42 |只看該作者

Edo,
I guess the third kid can pass the second interview also due to her specail status from oversea country.   Pls kindly keep us informed.  

By the way, is there anybody who has been informed by CKY that your kid passed the second interview ?    Pls let me know ah !

554#
發表於 06-7-5 11:56 |只看該作者

CKY老師話在這星期內有結果, 是否太多學生考,所以要兩星期才可公佈呢? 如果FAIL, 是否沒有人通知, 聽講打電話都唔答.

555#
發表於 06-7-5 16:27 |只看該作者

我的小朋友考P.6 ga, 因為下星期二知中央派位結果,所以,更加想快d知 CKY 收唔收我的小朋友!

等我聽日再問下先!!

556#
發表於 06-7-6 12:49 |只看該作者

Hi, is there anybody who has received a calll from CKY ?

Pls advise.

557#
發表於 06-7-6 18:56 |只看該作者

CKY老師話還未來得及計算, 要下星期喎!!  是不是真的咁難計?真的有些失望.

558#
發表於 06-7-6 21:46 |只看該作者

amandalyy2002,

學校明天在大專會堂舉行畢業礼,老師也要花時間安排學生表演事宜,耐心等候罷!

559#
發表於 06-7-6 22:45 |只看該作者

Thanks kkpapa, perhaps you are right.  As parents, we have a lot to do in order to make sure our kids are properly brought up.  School or teacher is just part of the process.  

560#
發表於 06-7-6 23:39 |只看該作者

amandalyy2002,

畢業礼應在下週四舉行。明天是家長日,老師要見家長及派小朋友的成績單。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題