搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Greenfield (Long Beach)
樓主: 菠蘿媽媽
go

Greenfield (Long Beach) [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 11-12-16 12:32 |只看該作者

回復 38# smile_w99 的帖子

actually i think they would accept any kids who did apply as this school is new, other ppl may refuse the offer if getting others.

42#
發表於 11-12-16 12:38 |只看該作者
My daughter joined PG since early Sep (when Greenfield newly opened) and will continue the PG here.  Although we also joined Victoria playgroup.

We have a PN A.M. offer from Greenfield.  But we decided not to join PN here because:
1) We don't like English/PTH class.  I want my daughter to learn better Cantonese first.  
2) We prefer whole day class

43#
發表於 11-12-16 13:32 |只看該作者
too bad, I'm in the eng/PTH group becos the others are full.

原帖由 sarubuta 於 11-12-15 17:48 發表
playgroup, $1600/8 lessons / 1hr. is weekdays (i.e. average $200 per hour)

Weekend Playgroup (i.e. Sat) is a bit more expensive
$1500 / 6 lessons / 1 hr or $2000/8 lessons / 1 hr (i.e. average $250 p ...

44#
發表於 11-12-16 13:37 |只看該作者
what's the definition of NET teacher?  I can tell the eng. teacher in my child's pg has a accent.

45#
發表於 11-12-16 14:03 |只看該作者
What accent she has?  Only one teacher or all?  I also want to know as I no longer accompany my daughter to Greenfield since Nov.  So I don't have chance to talk to some teacher yet although I know she teach my daughter.  You may PM me her name if you don't mind.  

NET = Native English Teacher

I think definition of NET teacher is whose mother tongue/1st language is English.  So ABC/BBC/CBC can also be NET in some sense.  

In Greenfield, there's some Golden Hair NET and some others (but I think no Indian).  

In my opinion, people who speak Native English but come from different countries would have different accent.  British, US, Australia, Scotland, European all have diffent accent.  As long as the accent is not strong and the English is easy to listen, I would say it is good enough for a PN/KG teacher.  The more important thing is she knows how to teach and play with children so that children can really learn from teacher.  And children love going to school.  

If we look for PN/KG with all golden hair 100% British accent English NET, I think we may not be able to find so even if we choose international school.   

原帖由 bobbili 於 11-12-16 13:37 發表
what's the definition of NET teacher?  I can tell the eng. teacher in my child's pg has a accent.

46#
發表於 11-12-16 14:15 |只看該作者

回復 44# bobbili 的帖子

i think no matter where the net come they all have their own accent. may be i have studied and work overseas and so i found their accents  are acceptable.

different people have their standard of "formal"accent depends what u  have most exposed to.

47#
發表於 11-12-16 14:19 |只看該作者

回復 45# sarubuta 的帖子

agree. i was studying in england and even english themselves sometime don't accept accents from other cities.

more like beijing mandarin vs guangzhou mandarin.

48#
發表於 11-12-16 14:26 |只看該作者

回復 42# sarubuta 的帖子

So your comment in their PG is positive, right?
How about Victoria one?  
I also agree that the teacher must be patient & caring & loves children rather than just golden hair with British accent!

49#
發表於 11-12-16 14:52 |只看該作者
I also applied Victoria, but my duaghter is "small bb", so probably can't get a seat there.

50#
發表於 11-12-16 16:18 |只看該作者
i want to know what the difference when comparing with victoria and greenfield

51#
發表於 11-12-16 16:33 |只看該作者
If comparing Greenfield and Zenith, which one is better? I think it is easy to get offer from both of them.

52#
發表於 11-12-16 16:45 |只看該作者
my feeling is that at the most, english is one of her mother tongue.  She looks like from south eastern asia to me.  
Actually I don't think the teachers (my group) are very experienced at crowd control, half the kids are running around at story telling.  However, overall this one is better than others in the neighhood.

53#
發表於 11-12-16 22:05 |只看該作者

回復 51# easyview 的帖子

I personally prefer gf than z becos i think all of their teachers are good vs I know a few of z's teachers are no as good( don't even know they are teachers or not, they may be just ' part- timer')

54#
發表於 11-12-18 03:36 |只看該作者
smile_w99 發表於 11-12-16 14:26
So your comment in their PG is positive, right?
How about Victoria one?  
I also agree that the teac ...

Comparing GF and Victoria, I think both playgroup are good but good in different area.   

The playgroup of Victoria is really systematic.  You would feel your child already attending KG when she study playgroup (my daughter joined 3 days a week, 2 hrs per lessons).  They have uniform which is a very cute Bee Bee apron.  They need to change shoes when go to school (not to wear shoes walking outside in school).  They also have handbook, school calendar and a small attendance book which children need to put in a box in the specific place when go to school.  There's a nurse in the school who would check the mouth and temperature of all students (including playgroup, PN and K) when they enter school.  The 2 hrs program is 1 hr English and 1 hr Cantonese with tea time in the middle.  Children need to clean up their spoon and dish to the box themselves after tea time.  

The teachers I saw in Victoria are all Chinese.  But English of English teacher is good (fluent and not HK style English).  Some teachers are really good and some are so so (in term of "heart" on education and caring children).  But I don't think playgroup teachers are same as PN in Victoria.  And I cannot comment much on how teachers teach playgroup because I only be there once on the Christmas Party / Concert day.  

There's one thing which Victoria really surprised me.  My daughter took 2 days leave for going trip after only attended 4 lessons.  She was sick and had fever.  So I called school to apply sick leave for one lesson.  My daughter has fever again on the next lesson so I did not bring her to school.  On that day, because I forgot to bring my mobile with me when went to work.  I did not call the school to apply sick leave.  Finally, I found a voice mail from the English class teacher of Victoria called me to ask how's my daughter. I think the school or teacher care the children.

But I learned from my maid that one parent complain a Chinese teacher because she stopped her son to play macaroni (the macaroni was given to children to play, not to eat at that time).  I don't know the details for the complain.  But the result is the Chinese teacher was changed after the complain.  The new one is a very good teacher.  

My maid also told me that everyone sit down in Victoria while some Greenfield children would walk around at story time.  But I won't blame its the fault of Greenfield teacher because I think its the parents/maid/grand-parents responsibility to control the disclipine of the child in playgroup.  Sometimes, it is ok for such young children to walk instead of sit quietly even for story time.  [my daughter always sit down during story time in both school]

Campus of Victoria is much bigger than Greenfield.  I love the campus of Victoria more.   

Besides, I like Victoria that even playgroup students have chance to go on stage to have Christmas performance, parents can be the audience (but I was the one on stage with her while my husband was audience).  Today, I went to Greenfield Christmas Carnival and found that Victoria playgroup students can perform better than Greenfield PN students.   

55#
發表於 11-12-18 03:49 |只看該作者
golfmama 發表於 11-12-16 22:05
I personally prefer gf than z becos i think all of their teachers are good vs I know a few of z's te ...

I also vote gf than z.  In earlier time, my daugther only got offer from gf, z and funful.  All 3 are schools which are very easy to get offer.  I paid deposit to gf but not z.  

I think most of the people discuss in this thread live near Olympic area.  So location count if the schools are of similar level.  

2nd, I don't like the stair in z.  

3rd, I don't like the interview arrangement of z who asked us to queue outside the school under strong sun because we are early for only 15 min (need to wait the school to open the main gate only sharp at the interview time stated on the interview letter).

4th, the classrooms of z are really small.  

5th, some small slides in outdoor playground are not really safe. The whole slide was moved when my daughter play.  Too light because the slide was made by plastic.   

56#
發表於 11-12-19 10:14 |只看該作者
Thanks all for u info. I have chose z finally simply because gf offered only pm class to me, not as good as the am class z offered. My bb has to take a nap at noon everyday.
I have paid the deposits for z last Sat and I have a chance to visit the school, including classrooms, toilets, outdoor playgrounds (total 2, the outside one if for K students and the inside one is for N1 students) and even bedroom for FD students.
1st, I don’t feel the classrooms are small, but not big, just normal.
2nd, we were informed that the N1 students will be study at ground floor while K students in 1st floor. There is no need for N1 students to go upstairs actually. I am ok with this arrangement.
Third, I don’t know if the slides in the outdoor playground (for N1 students) are safe or not, course my son only played with the cars and he has no interest in slides at all.
I am ok with everything z offers so far, such as the environment and admin arrangement. I believe gf is also very good in these aspects. But one more thing, I agree with what bobbili said, I think the teachers in gf are not good at “crowd control” – the teachers may be too patient to deal with some naughty kids (non- Chinese) who were running around the classrooms. I don’t know if z is better, may the same, maybe worse. I can only tell if I have tried.

57#
發表於 11-12-21 11:13 |只看該作者
回復 sarubuta 的帖子

Thanks for your detailed explanation!
Anyway, I did pay for the deposit for my kid to start early (when reach 2) in GF!  Hope it's ok!

58#
發表於 11-12-21 11:47 |只看該作者
家長們, 請你哋真係覺得自己啲英文可以見得人先用英文寫Post吧 !  難看死, 很多文法都錯了.  不好意思喔 !

59#
發表於 11-12-21 12:16 |只看該作者
Leddylau 發表於 11-12-21 11:47
家長們, 請你哋真係覺得自己啲英文可以見得人先用英文寫Post吧 !  難看死, 很多文法都錯了.  不好意思喔 ! ...

大家都會多謝你嘅善意批評, 媽咪們, 大家都唔好鬆懈!!

60#
發表於 11-12-21 12:57 |只看該作者
我晤同意!

你知晤知有的人嘸你咁勁係晤識用中文打字的, 埋用英文儘量表達想表達的嘢囉。個的晤識打中文而英文又晤好的家長(仲有我相信有的英文一定好過你,但是用手機或隨意寫的家長)是不是就不用上來寫comments了?再者, 人地用英文寫, 埋用英文答,中文問,就自然用中文答,有什麼問題?而且,很多家長用中文寫的,但語法也不一定正確,表達的意思也不一定清晰,但晤見會被人批評喔。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題