搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 終於收到 蔡繼有 電話
樓主: bowling68
go

終於收到 蔡繼有 電話 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 05-12-7 19:07 |只看該作者

Re: 終於收到 蔡繼有 電話

Now the school fee is $41800 pa, if increase by 10%, it will become $46000 pa approx. and by 11 installment, that means 4200pm. Since the school didn't increase the school fee for the last 3 years, I personally feel it is reasonable although it is expensive even for the present value. Many of my friends also ask why it is so expensive for this school, but if you count the number of NET (whether they are ABC or foreign teachers), the qualified local teachers and the student number, you can calcuate the cost of running it. Of course, I did ask the principlal about the tution fee for secondary school and the answer is parent need to prepare another $1000 pm difference.

Up till now, I still very satisified about my son's progress, whether you think it is worth is up to individual parent. As I said before, many of my friend would rather spend most of their money for own enjoyment and I need to put lots of my resource to  kids, fool or not, depends!

62#
發表於 05-12-8 09:03 |只看該作者

father-ho,

Is school fees the same from P1-P6?

Please advise.

Thanks,
JanWong

63#
發表於 05-12-8 11:58 |只看該作者

Dear Father-ho,

"I need to put lots of my resource to kids, fool or not, depends!"

I totally agreed with you that you want to put put lots of your rescource to your kids.

However, I would like to ask a question --  is CKY worth to pay so much ?  

Don't be offence ! I just want to have an open discussion to the tution fee of private school like CKY .

bbtung

64#
發表於 05-12-8 12:56 |只看該作者

Hi bbtung,

My daughter is in P1 this year.  Before joining the school, I struggled between a pretty good subsidized school and CKY.  I chose CKY eventually and is happy about my decision.  The school is serous about educating their students.  I can see that the teachers (at least the class teachers that I know) really care about the kids.  With no external pressure coming from the education bureau, CKY has the liberty to follow the track which ties in with the school belief and vision.  With the mess in the current educational system, I see no choice but sending my daughter to a school which are not bound by it.  

65#
發表於 05-12-8 14:19 |只看該作者

Hi Sammymother,

May I ask you some question ?

Are all the lessons taught in English by a Native English Teacher ?

Does your daughter improve significantly in her English after joined CKY ?

bbtung

66#
發表於 05-12-8 14:37 |只看該作者

其實貴吾貴真係好見仁見智。

同好多老友傾開小朋友讀書都話CKY貴。不過我問佢地呢D星期日司機揸十幾年車大大話話連停車場燕梳牛肉乾等等比搭的士使多左成百萬貴吾貴,佢地笑下就算。

好多人肯俾錢請賓賓或買架車擺停車場,但係就吾捨得免費個九年。而且係小朋友讀書最重要既九年。是龍是蟲十五歲前已分到喇。

67#
發表於 05-12-8 15:00 |只看該作者

bbtung

我答你先。  除左中文,全部英文。  音樂、PE同Moral edu未必係NET,其他全部都係。有兩至三個班主任, 主班主任係NET。

Significantly! CKY 有一套完整scheme去處理語文教育,但家長參與係其中好重要既一環。只要家長做好本份,即係伴讀,就一定有成績。放心,吾駛背書默書改功課咁大陣仗,一D都吾會傷兩代感情。  哈哈,不過初小係吾理寫字既,個個小朋友本簿都係打風咁樣。

68#
發表於 05-12-8 17:29 |只看該作者

Hi bbtung,

As answered by EDT, English lesson is taught by a NET teacher.  I can tell that she has been influenced a lot by the English environment in school.  She will pick up a story book and try to sound out the words by herself.  She has learned some interesting rhymes in school and is willing to read that out aloud to me.  She is not shy to speak up in English and actully is quite fluent (not necessarily correct) in conversing in English.  I'm very happy with her improvement here.

However, lately I found that her Chinese is not progressing equally well.  Since CKY does not believe in copying, her ability in reading Chinese sometimes worries me.  I'm telling myself to hold on and continue to place trust to the school.  It's only 3 months since the start of the term and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will pick up the interest on Chinese as well

69#
發表於 05-12-8 17:52 |只看該作者

Thanks for sharings !

70#
發表於 05-12-8 18:17 |只看該作者

Dear JanWong,
As far as I know, P1-P6 school fee are the same.

Dear bbtung,
Of course you did not offence me since I am not the official representative and will not say on behalf of the school. You can approx. cal. the cost of hiring up staff. For example, ESF hire up a NET by an average of $900,000pa and you will not expect other school can employ a NET by less than $500,000pa package. Together with the local qualified Chinese teacher, take it as 2/3 package(of course including MPF, contract bonus etc), the office assistant, school hardware maintenance, consultant fee and school function reserve, that will come up very close to the yearly payment by parent.

71#
發表於 05-12-8 18:22 |只看該作者

Dear Sammymother,
Don't afraid about the Chinese standard since the school will conduct the lesson in Mandarin(in P2) and through the Chinese reading scheme, kids can catch up quickly.

72#
發表於 05-12-8 21:51 |只看該作者

我早幾日 CKY 2nd internview,
係 Hall 度等 ,  見到 Miss 教 8個小朋友  音樂 Chime,
全程英文, 行去班房見其他 P.3, P.5 學生上堂都好開心,
小組約 7-8 個一組. 都有的學生 走廊行過時講廣東話.
校長同教師職員都好nice

73#
發表於 05-12-9 11:40 |只看該作者

剛致電蔡繼有, 佢話2nd in的電話已全部打出, 未收到電話的家長可以assume被reject啦.  包括在下.      
[img align=left]http://img7.picsplace.to/img7/25/0578-1.jpg[/img]

74#
發表於 05-12-9 13:46 |只看該作者

Dear Father_ho,

Thanks for your reply.

How about other private schools ? The tution fees are only $1,XXX something like 陳守仁 .

Will these schools more worth ?

bbtung

75#
發表於 05-12-9 14:41 |只看該作者

Dear bbtung,

That's the difference, TSL and some other DSS still need to follow Education department guideline and cannot deviate from it too much since their student must have the chance to get in the existing traditional system. Some DSS just have the pri. school like TSL, some DSS have the sec. school but eventually student will take part in the HKCEE.

For other private school which is much cheaper because of their cost structure is difference in a sense they will/did not employ so many NET teacher to create such english environment. Most of them just use 1-2 NET for the sake of satisfying parent's expectation and actually without any effect on individual student. They can survive just by teaching one/two grade in advance and parent will think that it's a good school since it's more difficult in comparing other school (If their kid cannot follow in this school, they can easily find replacement). I doubt this practise can work any longer (may be we should teach our kid the U grade once they born).

76#
發表於 05-12-9 15:44 |只看該作者

Dear father_ho,

If we want a school which do not follow the Education Sytem in Hong Kong, will an international school be more appropriate ?

An internatinal school with longer history and track record seems quite perfect. Any comment ?

bbtung

77#
發表於 05-12-9 16:14 |只看該作者

Dear bbtung,

Firstly, it is not the intention not following HK existing Education system, it is we (I) feel that the existing structure make the parent/school playing a harmful game to our(my) kid. Maybe/Hopefully ten years later the rigid existing one will change to what I expect. Secondary, the existing IS in HK are very expensive to a sense are for those rich one but not the one who care about their kids development. Many of my friend just send their kids to those IS and just let them take care all of it. Although their language ability may even better, I don't want to sacrifice their culture background. Thirdly, the existing IS has only minimium Chinese/Mandarin element(the new ESF private school may a bit more) and it is essential for their future.

My vision is let my kids study aboard after their sec. school, hopefully work aboard for several years to gain their technolgy, business skill etc then come back South East Asia for career development.

78#
發表於 05-12-9 16:30 |只看該作者

"the existing IS in HK are very expensive to a sense are for those rich one but not the one who care about their kids development."

Dear Father_ho,

I regret that I can't agree with you on the above statement.

The school fee of ESF is just $4,XXX. It is more or less the same as 蔡繼有.

Any comment to ESF ?

79#
發表於 05-12-9 16:54 |只看該作者

Dear bbtung,

To me, ESF is not a real IS I am refering to. ESF has great deviation from College to College although they under the same organisation. Shatin Junior may be a better one. Even like Shatin Junior (I did consider it before), the reason I didn't choose it is the whole ESF will face a serious budget cut from gov. in the following years and this will demoral the teaching staff inside it. Either the staff will upset or leave the school. Please don't think it is separate issue and I don't want this effect imposing on my kids. For CKY, it is a new establishment and has more control on newly hired staff. Of course they also has more confusion in school administration.

80#
發表於 05-12-9 17:40 |只看該作者

at least the Principal of CKY is very emphasis in Mandarin in addition of English.

CKY is 1 NET per Class allocated which is different from DSS 1 -2 NET per School.

And the civil servant can claim 50% or more of the school fee which they cannot do the same in IS.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題