961#
發表於 06-11-16 16:43 |只看該作者

Re: 保良局蔡繼有學校

Dear Voaisa,
Please also pm to me! Thanks

962#
發表於 06-11-16 16:58 |只看該作者

代朋友請問蔡繼有的家長,其孩子讀後有沒有明顯的英文會話進步?或可講流利英語?其口音是純外國口音像讀國際學校的學生?還是帶local Chinese口音?其教學方法是否像國際學校?因我的朋友正在想替孩子讀國際學校還是蔡繼有,他頗注重英文程度,也希望能學到中文,正懷疑蔡繼有英語能否比美國際學校,家長們可否分享你們的看法?Thanks a lot !

963#
發表於 06-11-16 17:25 |只看該作者

Re: 保良局蔡繼友學校

Hi Joanneheungyy,

My kid is applying for P1 next year, but since the competition is very very keen, I'm not confident that he can get into CKY.

Can you share with us how your kid successfully get into P2 this year?  How was the competition?  Are there any tips for us?

Since CKY is the one and only one target for us (we really like this school), we want to try next year if my kid fail this year.

Thank you very much!     

964#
發表於 06-11-16 18:43 |只看該作者

簡單講,蔡繼有其實係一間本地學校,唔係國際學校。
英語程度,比一些頂尖主流名校都不及,更不必說要與國際學校比較。

kingkongdaddy 寫道:
代朋友請問蔡繼有的家長,其孩子讀後有沒有明顯的英文會話進步?或可講流利英語?其口音是純外國口音像讀國際學校的學生?還是帶local Chinese口音?其教學方法是否像國際學校?因我的朋友正在想替孩子讀國際學校還是蔡繼有,他頗注重英文程度,也希望能學到中文,正懷疑蔡繼有英語能否比美國際學校,家長們可否分享你們的看法?Thanks a lot !

965#
發表於 06-11-16 19:21 |只看該作者

同意AgnesTM所言蔡繼有是一間本地學校,不是國際學校。要比較小學生的英語,其實是很難的。評論語文,應該是全面的,不是單靠串字、文法,還應考慮會話、聆聽及創作力。要將不同小學的語文程度作比較,我又未想過喎,因為準則如何釐定呢!

但看到自己的孩子,在蔡繼有祇讀了二個多月,但他對說英語的信心有明顯增加,在家裡會主動地說,讀英文書時要說英語。科學課要畫上花朵及指出花朵的各部份,他懂得運用一些頗深的英文字,如pollen sticks to the wasp; sunlight gives out energy,縱使文法有錯誤,但我看到後亦覺得驚訝,因為有些字是我在中學才學到的。而這些句字,在小兒口中是自己創作的,並没有範本作抄寫參考的。所以,我對蔡繼有的教學方法是欣賞的。若然小兒的英語水準仍低於頂尖名流學校,我亦是滿足。

至於口音,本人認為頗受環境影嚮而改變的。小兒說的英語比我的好,但仍與外國孩子有距離。

此屬個人經驗,可能其它家長會有不同感受。

966#
發表於 06-11-16 20:00 |只看該作者

kyliema2006,
    Agree with you. My son's English both written and spoken has improvement. He is willing to speak when someone talk to him in English.  

967#
發表於 06-11-16 22:51 |只看該作者

起初以為蔡繼有是一間最接近國際學校的本地學校,入讀後的學生會說一口流利的英語,是給一些希望子女入讀國際學校但又想學好中文的好選擇。現在有更多的的認識。多謝大家回應!

968#
發表於 06-11-16 23:32 |只看該作者

其實語言是從小開始,環境好重要,你朋友家中有否跟小朋友說流利的英語(即你朋友所指的英語水平)?電視播咩戲呢?(中文或英文)

要英文好,最好都是送小朋友到英文的環境(冇中文的地方),其實國際學校都有好多不同國家的人,語音都有別.
[img align=left]http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/autobus.gif[/img][/quote]

969#
發表於 06-11-17 00:29 |只看該作者

100%贊同塞曼莎的講法, 其實蔡繼有由始至終都是以良好的語文環境為辦學的大前提, 所有的英文科目都係由NET Teacher教, 至於小朋友能否因此而"變"成外籍口音, 其實生活環境也是一個好重要的部份.

我也有朋友的小孩在國際學校長大的, 現在已是Year 13, 但口音仍有本地的口音, 其實口音是否比其他重要呢?

我家小孩入讀兩年後, 由隻字唔識寫唔識串到前兩天可以自己創作一個英文故事, 雖然仍有少許文法問題, 但在我來說已是心滿意足了.

Rhythmwawa

970#
發表於 06-11-17 09:48 |只看該作者

Dear Kingkongdaddy,

若果要以孩子學懂美國口音為唯一目的,那麼在國際學校環境學習英語就最為適合。在蔡繼有,大部份學生為本地學生,小息時,他們大多說廣東話。但是學校有嚴格規定,大約九成時間是以英語或普通話授課,只有少於10%是以廣東話授課,縱使去field trips亦是一樣,中文科的field trips以普通話溝通;英語科的field trips以英語溝通。所以,若將蔡繼有與傳統學校相比,他投放在教育英語的資源是特別多,但亦會平衡中文的教導。

過去兩個月到學校的時候,不時聽到學生以英語或普通話與老師溝通,看似習以為常,感覺溝通是没有問題的。而小兒那班學生的英語水準亦相當不錯,不少孩子是來自international kindergartens的。反而,小兒經常自嘲自己的中文水準--差。

若要選擇會教授中文的國際學校,好像一間位於馬

971#
發表於 06-11-17 10:31 |只看該作者

Dear fatherho,

Maybe I miss it, I got the name of books published by Nat Geo, what is the name of the books published by Peking University Press.  Please advise.  Thanks.

972#
發表於 06-11-17 11:29 |只看該作者

Dear kyliema,

Sorry may be it make it confused, both series is joinly published by Nat. Geo. and Peking Univ. Press. Actually, National Geo. published lots of books which is hard to read for non-native speaker, some by themself and some joinly done though different Press, I found these series are just suitable for Pri. and sec. student. The titles are as belows:

(14 books) A-series
國家地理英語閱讀與寫作訓練叢書  北京大學               
Communication Around the World        全球傳播        $20.00
Cultures and Celebrations        文化與慶典        $20.00
Immigration To The United States        美國移民        $20.00
Inventions Bring Change        發明改變生活        $20.00
Providing Goods        商品供給        $20.00
Trade Across Time and Cultures        跨時間和文化的貿易        $20.00
Using Earth's Resources        利用地球資源        $20.00
Animals in Their Habitats        動物栖息地        $20.00
Cells at Work        細胞在工作        $20.00
Energy        能量        $20.00
Extreme Weather        極端的天氣        $20.00
Life Cycles        生命周期        $20.00
Shaping Earth's Surface        地表形態的塑造        $20.00
Using Simple Machine        簡單機械        $20.00

(18 books) B-series
國家地理學生英語主題閱讀訓練叢書    北京大學               
1        Superdome        超級穹頂         16.80
2        From Tree to Me        樹木與人         16.80
3        Grand Canyon        大峽谷         16.80
4        Volcanoes        火山噴發         16.80
5        Alexander Graham Bell and the Telephone        貝爾與電話         16.80
6        Exploring Tide Pools        潮池探奇         16.80
7        My Town at Work        我的小鎮         16.80
8        Climbing Mount Everest        珠峰探險         16.80
9        Divers of the Deep Sea        深海潛水員         16.80
10        Meet Jane Goodall        珍妮.古多爾與黑猩猩         16.80
11        My Balloon Ride        熱氣球之旅         16.80
12        Changes All Around Us        變化無處不在         16.80
13        Glass        玻璃         16.80
14        Amazing Ants        神奇的螞蟻         16.80
15        Animal Records        動物之最         16.80
16        Appalachian Trail        阿巴拉契亞山道         16.80
17        Birthstones        誕生石         16.80
18        Great Barrier Reef        大堡礁         16.80

I know both series are adopted by some secondary schools as reader in Hong Kong but I can't find the B-series cover in net(since it was published on 4-2006). Also, you can order(they have sample but not complete series) through the below bookshop in Hong Kong:

新思維書店               
旺角西洋菜街南74-84號旺角城市中心9樓906-907室       
http://www.ideabookshop.com               
電話︰2398-0808 / 傳真︰2398-9802

It is a great series in suitable level with great photos which will attract(you actually me) your kids to read through it. I am sure your kids will benefit from it.

醒目開學勳章

973#
發表於 06-11-17 13:21 |只看該作者

(Copied from another post.)

Here are the details of National Geographics - Windows on Literacy and NG Theme Set.

Actually you may find more information and the differences between 2 different sets of book on the official website of National geographics.

Click here - National Geographic School Publishing

国家地理学生英语主题阅读训练丛书National Geographic - Window on Literacy
出版社:北京大

974#
發表於 06-11-17 14:19 |只看該作者

Hi Voasia,

Would you please pm me your link and pw.

Many thanks.

975#
發表於 06-11-17 16:40 |只看該作者

hi Voasia

would you also pm your link and password to me at [email protected]

thanks
hello

976#
發表於 06-11-17 18:41 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

977#
發表於 06-11-17 18:50 |只看該作者

Thanks father_ho and yeenmama.  Your recommendation looks very impressive.  

Father_ho, do you mean both series are now available in the giant book store recently opened in Shenzhen?  From vsvt.com, only the National Theme sets is available but not the Window on Literacy. :cry:  Regarding the book shop in Mongkok, I have called them up and it seems that price is significantly high comparing to what you quoted (even I take into account the adm. cost and the layer of profit they have to earn).

Yeenmama, you mentioned that the Window on Literacy series is now available on DD.  BTW, what's mean by DD?  

See, the books you recommended is so fantastic that I cannot help searching for them at once.

978#
發表於 06-11-17 21:13 |只看該作者

Hi, Voasia

Could you also pm to me. Thank you very much.

CTM
ctm :-? :-o :roll:

醒目開學勳章

979#
發表於 06-11-17 21:26 |只看該作者

Hi CYCmama,

DD = www.dangdang.com

This is an online bookstore in mainland china.  You may order the books online and they accept orders from HK as well.

The delivery charge to HK = $30 (basic charge ) + $1 per item.

For details, please take a look at the discussion under 好書分享:
http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=798545&forum=38&start=30&viewmode=flat&order=1

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=797122&forum=38&start=100&104

There are lots of good English books or s.chinese books.

CYCmama 寫道:
Thanks father_ho and yeenmama.  Your recommendation looks very impressive.  

Father_ho, do you mean both series are now available in the giant book store recently opened in Shenzhen?  From vsvt.com, only the National Theme sets is available but not the Window on Literacy. :cry:  Regarding the book shop in Mongkok, I have called them up and it seems that price is significantly high comparing to what you quoted (even I take into account the adm. cost and the layer of profit they have to earn).

Yeenmama, you mentioned that the Window on Literacy series is now available on DD.  BTW, what's mean by DD?  

See, the books you recommended is so fantastic that I cannot help searching for them at once.

980#
發表於 06-11-17 23:47 |只看該作者

Dear CYCmama,

I went to the new shenshen bookstore (not the old one) last sunday and I purchased most of the books but in different place within the shop(both two series). The remaining books I just found several days ago in Mongkok bookstore which I quoted before. I just visited the Mongkok bookstore this afternoon and still found the books with same price (of course not the complete series). I suggest you to visit the store once to see if you are actually interested and the saleman actually quoted what you want.

Thanks and hope you enjoy,
‹ 上一主題|下一主題