密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF kindy graduates
查看: 3314|回覆: 21
go

ESF kindy graduates [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-10-5 18:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
any previous ESF's kindergarten graduates hasn't got an offer to ESF's primary school? anyone can share their experience? personal experience would be much appreciated
   5    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-10-5 23:03 |只看該作者

回覆:ESF kindy graduates

I heard that there was 1 rejection last year at hillside. It should be a special case.

3#
發表於 15-10-6 11:23 |只看該作者

My friend's daughter's class in TY had one kid on KJS's wait list, that is, not being offered in the first round. But they appeal and being accepted in the 2nd round interview. Heard from my friend that child did not speak up much, and spoke in English with strong Cantonese accent.

4#
發表於 15-10-6 22:24 |只看該作者
so sad to heard that.
my son is studying K1 and we have a priority for interview at an ESF school for Year 1, but no one can guarantee and I need back up options.  If it's supposed to fail at all international school or if they put me on wait list, I need to do back at K3, sound scary? I really don't want to put my kid back to local stream, we aim to go international school. I am a bit nervous as you know it is difficult to get a place at international school in HK.

5#
發表於 15-10-6 23:15 |只看該作者
LuiLuiLaw 發表於 15-10-5 18:22
any previous ESF's kindergarten graduates hasn't got an offer to ESF's primary school? anyone can sh ...
The ESF primary application process works like this ... every application is allocated a random number, and the applications are prioritized first by category (i.e. staff, sibling, nomination right, alumni, kindergarten) and then within each category further prioritized by their random number. So a sibling with number 10 will come before another sibling with number 300, but this sibling with number 300 will come before a kindergarten pupil with number 50 because siblings have higher priority over kindergarten pupils, and this kindergarten pupil with number 50 will come before another kindergarten pupil with number 60 etc.

Applicants will be notified in late November whether they have been invited to the first round of interviews. From personal experience, all staff children, siblings, nomination right holders, and alumni children will be invited, but not all kindergarten pupils, some unlucky ones who have drawn a bad number will need to wait for the second round, which will occur around March/April time-frame. It is not unusual that schools will still be interviewing right up to June or even July because some families may release their seats after getting better offers elsewhere.

In the end, over 90% of kindergarten pupils do get offers, most will get it in the first round, some unlucky ones will get it later.

6#
發表於 15-10-7 08:46 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:LuiLuiLaw+發表於+15-10-5+18:22+any

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 15-10-06 發表
The ESF primary application process works like this ... every application is allocated a random numb ...
Such a thorough explanation!!!! :))))

7#
發表於 15-10-7 10:45 |只看該作者

thank you fatdaddy, very useful!

so it really says that if you aim for esf primary you really should put the kid in esf kindy in the first place? otherwise the chance for ordinary admission into year 1 is really difficult?

8#
發表於 15-10-7 13:27 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:LuiLuiLaw+發表於+15-10-5+18:22+any

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 15-10-06 發表
The ESF primary application process works like this ... every application is allocated a random numb ...
Thanks for ur useful comments

9#
發表於 15-10-7 13:55 |只看該作者
pandaforever 發表於 15-10-7 10:45
if you aim for esf primary you really should put the kid in esf kindy in the first place? ...
Essentially yes, if your children do not have any priority (sibling, alumni etc) and you do not intend to buy Nomination Right, then you should go for ESF kindergartens to gain some advantage. The drawback is ESF kindergartens do not provide the kind of structured learning found in more academically oriented kindergartens, so it may be difficult for your children to go back to mainstream local schools.

10#
發表於 15-10-7 23:13 |只看該作者
Does anyone know if a child from ESF Kindy fails the ESF primary interview assessment, where he / she would study after K2?

11#
發表於 15-10-7 23:44 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:pandaforever+發表於+15-10-7+10:45+

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 15-10-07 發表
Essentially yes, if your children do not have any priority (sibling, alumni etc) and you do not inte ...
What's the success rate with alumni priority in QBS? Any idea?

12#
發表於 15-10-8 00:53 |只看該作者
Lucent 發表於 15-10-7 23:44
What's the success rate with alumni priority in QBS? Any idea?
No idea, but if kindergarten success rate is over 90%, then alumni children's success rate should only be higher because they enjoy a higher priority. Unless the alumni family has neglected English when bringing up their children, there shouldn't be any problems.

13#
發表於 15-10-8 09:48 |只看該作者

回覆:FattyDaddy 的帖子

Yes you are right, that's what I'm worried.  I am thinking about do I need to apply K3 on next year for a back up option, just in case ESF rejected or put me on a waiting list, complicated

14#
發表於 15-10-8 13:07 |只看該作者
LuiLuiLaw 發表於 15-10-8 09:48
Yes you are right, that's what I'm worried.  I am thinking about do I need to apply K3 on next year for a back up option ...
Yes it is important to have a backup option, as a minimum, you should apply to the 2 ESF PIS (Renaissance College and Discovery College) besides the Foundation school, and may be one or two schools outside of ESF as well, e.g. Anfield.

Applying for K3 in a local kindergarten should be the last resort as that would lead your child back to mainstream local schools which I believe is something you want to avoid.

15#
發表於 15-10-8 18:02 |只看該作者
Can anyone hear share their experience at Anfield Primary? Is the competition keen as they have their Kindy graduates too. Where will the year 6 students go after graduated from Primary? Thanks for your feedback.

16#
發表於 15-10-8 21:53 |只看該作者
ssmm1012 發表於 15-10-8 18:02
Can anyone hear share their experience at Anfield Primary? Is the competition keen as they have thei ...
hi, I think you can check the previous forum from there to know more about this school, and open day will held on this coming Saturday, cheers  http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2996278&highlight=anfield

17#
發表於 15-10-9 00:30 |只看該作者
回覆 LuiLuiLaw 的帖子

Thanks!

18#
發表於 15-10-9 11:53 |只看該作者

回覆:ssmm1012 的帖子

Anfield primary is still pretty new and I think they don't have graduates in another 1 or 2 years

19#
發表於 15-10-9 20:43 |只看該作者

It should be noted that the failure cases quoted were not because of the priority issue.  The child was failed due to English!  It is not much the kindy can do for them in those cases.

This may be more of an issue going forward, as I see more parents are emphasizing on Cantonese education.  Parents even talk among themselves in Cantonese in school during adaption week.

20#
發表於 15-10-10 22:15 |只看該作者

I think it's really based on their ability to communicate in English, regardless what other second language or mother tongue they have. I think it's fine to speak in canto, as long as your child is also good at English. My child is also in k2 this year and am nervous about his p1 interview as well. I also hear from the school that there should be no surprises though there should be a back up plan.

I also think with Esf being privatised they also need to consider their kindy priorities to primary. If there is no or little chance Esf children getting in Esf primaries, it would greatly affect their kindy business. So in a way I think they will also try their best and support this linkage as much as possible.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題