搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 蘇浙幼稚園+國際班
樓主: twokidsmum
go

蘇浙幼稚園+國際班 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-9-27 10:10 |只看該作者

Re: 蘇浙幼稚園+國際班

Yes, the discipline of B. Hill was not so good but start from last year, KCC has changed back to private school without getting any money from the Gov't.  So they have 100% freedom to choose their own student.  Therefore the F.1 student of this year are all very discipline children.  

22#
發表於 05-9-27 10:54 |只看該作者

That's a really good news.
I will up-date my friends that.

23#
發表於 05-9-27 11:34 |只看該作者

Pls compare the standard between

ESF's Chinese vs. 蘇浙 IS's Chinese
ESF's English vs. 蘇浙 IS's English

Thanks

24#
發表於 05-9-27 11:41 |只看該作者

For "ESF's Chinese vs. 蘇浙 IS's Chinese", there is no doubt that it should be 蘇浙 as there are Mandarin class very day.

For ESF's English vs. 蘇浙 IS's English, it is very hard to compare because both employ native speaking English teachers.  May be parents like Space who has child studying in both school can provide the answers.

kimum

25#
發表於 05-9-27 12:24 |只看該作者

KCS provides a good enviroment for students to speak Mandarin to everybody (incl. school helpers and driver etc.) everyday, not only the Mandarin class but I think other schools are not. I think only...

26#
發表於 05-9-27 12:28 |只看該作者

KCS' English text book: P.1 using Longman Express ...2A, P.2 should be using 3A...(not sure P2)
Other schools as I know: P.1 using Longman Express....1A, P.2 using 2A etc.

醒目開學勳章

27#
發表於 05-9-27 23:31 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

28#
發表於 05-9-28 18:27 |只看該作者

"...高檔國際學校, 學生包括本地頂級政要人馬的仔女或孫兒們, 仲有不少大歌星明星明人, 大商家, 專業人士..."

Sorry, I really can't accept what you said regarding the sentence above. I have been to that school for many times, what I can see is only old building & poor facilities,  but if you want your child speak fluent mandarin, i think that's the only advantage you can get. I applied the k1 for my child but didn't accept their offer finally.

29#
發表於 05-9-29 08:15 |只看該作者

eyelooklook 寫道:
"...高檔國際學校, 學生包括本地頂級政要人馬的仔女或孫兒們, 仲有不少大歌星明星明人, 大商家, 專業人士..."

====都話呢d係事實, 要唔信都無辨法, 人地都可以接受就一定係學校有一定既條件同吸引力既.

“Sorry, I really can't accept what you said regarding the sentence above.===[上面講緊表面野, 而下面講緊設施, 好似唔同題bor!]  I have been to that school for many times, what I can see is only old building & poor facilities,  but if you want your child speak fluent mandarin, i think that's the only advantage you can get. I applied the k1 for my child but didn't accept their offer finally.

我睇你都係好睇表面, KCS呢幾年都唔係禁殘, poor就更加無可能啦!!!!! 況且, 呢三年我經常睇到佢地不時有keep住番新, 加建工程進行兩年, 加設電梯, 多條樓梯, 連厠所都好好…電腦室設備好先進, 每人一機, 同鄉會同家教會大把錢backup, 花園遊樂場都幾個, 其他唔駛講….
你搵日再去up-date下啦. 可能你仲勁過上述既人士啦, 所以佢地視察環境後都覺得無問題, 但你接受唔到, 無野講lor.

只重表面, 無野講, 你都無入讀, 點知人地係咩質素呢?
現今搵學校, 已經唔係只係睇表面, 而唔去衡量同想想佢地既 “內涵” 架啦, 如果係禁, 不如去英基, peak school等, 我相信點都新過KCS既.

比緊咩錢買咩野呢???    想想??
第二個topic睇到, 就算ESF (最平既國際學校) 都有人話唔滿意啦….

30#
發表於 05-9-29 08:20 |只看該作者

Kareese:
I have just sent PM to you. Pls. check.

31#
發表於 05-9-29 10:29 |只看該作者

I agree with 'eyelooklook' that the premises is quite old. I don't mind it as long as the school can offer good teaching quality to my child. Yet I found the answer negative.

I agree that 幼稚園國際班 is very good as I heard from so many people. Yet for the ordinary class, I can hardly agree so I switch to another kinder for my child .

I don't think it worths if you go there just for the benefit of learing Putonghua. I don't mean that the school is not good. It really depends on what you expect and what you want to get for your child.
寵辱不驚、閑看庭前花開花落。去留無意、漫隨天外雲巻雲舒

32#
發表於 05-9-29 11:19 |只看該作者

sheenaho

Can you elaborate more on "Yet I found the answer negative" as KCIS is one of my considerations.

I want to hear more opinion on this school instead of overwhelming praise and hardselling.

Thanks a lot

kimum

33#
發表於 05-9-29 11:26 |只看該作者

bs

34#
發表於 05-9-29 13:43 |只看該作者

Hi sheenaho
我都係報左kcs呀,聽你咁講我有d擔心呀,我明白每間學校都有好有唔好,每個家長亦有唔同的期望,可否分享kcs唔夠好的地方呢?如不方便可否pm我呀,我真係好緊張個寶貝女的學校,唔想博:cry: !
謝謝

桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

35#
發表於 05-9-29 15:07 |只看該作者

After gathering all the informations, I realize KCIS is not an international school, it can only define as an international section in a local school, so it's hard and not fair to compare with ESF, CIS or CDNIS as those are real international school. What I am thinking is if parents want their child to stay in the mandarin enviroment, this is quite a good choice,  but still need to find another school when the child is getting older.

36#
發表於 05-9-29 17:34 |只看該作者

Hi kimum and hoeve,

Pls check pm.
寵辱不驚、閑看庭前花開花落。去留無意、漫隨天外雲巻雲舒

37#
發表於 05-9-29 19:16 |只看該作者

Hi sheenaho,

Thanks for your detailed information.  

I have actually visited KCIS and watched some of the classes, and understand that the International Stream is completely different from the Main Stream.  The Main Stream follows the local traditional system, while the International Stream follows UK National curriculum (same as current ESF).  Teachers and admin office staff are all different, only that they share the same premises.

The children of the International Stream do not have much pressure and all class teachers are native English speakers, class size is 1:24 maximum.  Similar to other IS and as shown from their time table, they encourage children to participate, speak more, read books, learn through play, etc.   

Actually, I believe the curriculum and teaching method is quite "International", but only the facilities are comparatively not as good as other IS.

Therefore, I guess the cases which you have mentioned in the PM applied to Main Stream only.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

kimum

38#
發表於 05-9-29 21:26 |只看該作者

Thanks again to sheenaho

Hi eyelooklook,
I think KCIS is international school since it follow UK curriculum. Why don't u think it is not an international school? The staff and curriculum in KCS and KCIS is totally different.

eyelooklook 寫道:
After gathering all the informations, I realize KCIS is not an international school, it can only define as an international section in a local school, so it's hard and not fair to compare with ESF, CIS or CDNIS as those are real international school. What I am thinking is if parents want their child to stay in the mandarin enviroment, this is quite a good choice,  but still need to find another school when the child is getting older.
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

39#
發表於 05-10-1 16:39 |只看該作者

>> 本地班會有不同國籍人士讀 (英籍, 美籍, 意大利, 日本, 星加坡等), 所以我個仔日日都同同班同學講英文同國語, 鬼仔仲好鬼流利噃!!

鬼仔(英籍, 美籍), both parents are foreigners or one of them is native Chinese ? This fact is very important. As i think it is very difficult for 鬼仔 to study 本地班 if they do not have a native Chinese parent to help them on homework.

>>可否分享kcs唔夠好的地方呢? 如不方便可否pm我呀

i want to know too, for both KCS and KCIS

>> KCS' English text book: P.1 using Longman Express ...2A, P.2 should be using 3A...(not sure P2)
Other schools as I know: P.1 using Longman Express....1A, P.2 using 2A etc.

i made this mistake when i first read,
i read it as KCIS
KCS = mainstream class ?
mainstream class also using a more difficult textbook ?
how about their KCIS int'l class ?

>>I realize KCIS is not an international school, it can only define as an international section in a local school,

But what are the real differences ?

Any students coming from N.T. ?

醒目開學勳章

40#
發表於 05-10-1 23:48 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題